How legit is Dyersburg?

WestTNexpert

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who you talk to..lol

Dyersburg has beaten two ranked teams in Crockett and Westview, both which are pretty good teams.

Outside of those two teams, schedule is not so strong.....

The only blemish is Haywood; but look at that game, Dyersburg had 6 starters out, 4 on defense. Dyersburg scored 25 points, was in the red zone 4 other times, but those drives were halted not by Haywood, but by penalties, to the tune of 100 plus yards to be exact.

Bottom line, did not win, did not get the job done.

IMO, when we play Milan, that will be a good measuring stick. Even CPA could not manage a beat down on Milan.

Even though the bulldawgs are down, that will be a tuff game. Before CPA played Milan, they took 4a power Giles County to the woodshed earlier in the year.

Your question will be answered in two weeks.......need answer sooner? See Crockett or Westview coach.....

Depends on who you talk to..lol

Dyersburg has beaten two ranked teams in Crockett and Westview, both which are pretty good teams.

Outside of those two teams, schedule is not so strong.....

The only blemish is Haywood; but look at that game, Dyersburg had 6 starters out, 4 on defense. Dyersburg scored 25 points, was in the red zone 4 other times, but those drives were halted not by Haywood, but by penalties, to the tune of 100 plus yards to be exact.

Bottom line, did not win, did not get the job done.

IMO, when we play Milan, that will be a good measuring stick. Even CPA could not manage a beat down on Milan.

Even though the bulldawgs are down, that will be a tuff game. Before CPA played Milan, they took 4a power Giles County to the woodshed earlier in the year.

Your question will be answered in two weeks.......need answer sooner? See Crockett or Westview coach.....

I have alot of respect for Dyersburg.  I think they have a very good team.  Don't think that haywood could beat them now that they are healthy.  I know what it is like to have to play teams when you are not at 100%.  Big props for beating Westview.... they have a very good team.  Now that we are healthy.... I am very much looking forward to the game with Dyersburg.  Should be a great one!!!  And yes they are legit. 

As for CPA.... they are an amazing team.  We were not going to beat them that night.... they were just the better team.  I will say this.  They scored 17pts off turnovers..... we scored 0.  They beat us 24-7..... by 17pts. 

Both teams will I assume be at full strength for this game and I look for a slobber-knocker...Milan is on another level of play since return of players as is DHS ..game possibly comes down to coaching where Milan has the edge IMO ...If DHS can control LOS as in previous games they will win  ..going to be worth the price of admission !

Both teams will I assume be at full strength for this game and I look for a slobber-knocker...Milan is on another level of play since return of players as is DHS ..game possibly comes down to coaching where Milan has the edge IMO ...If DHS can control LOS as in previous games they will win  ..going to be worth the price of admission !

Isn't this game going to be in Dyersburg??  I am looking forward to seeing the new improvements to the stadium!!  As for Milan....there is something that I saw in them last Friday that I have not seen before.  Desparation!!!  Milan is pretty much healthy and has suspended players back.  But every game now is a must win if they want to make the playoffs and they know this.  You could see it in their eyes last Friday.  S. Gibson had 2 first downs when Milan took their starters out in the 4th qtr.  The desparation could make them very dangerous!!!

Isn't this game going to be in Dyersburg??  I am looking forward to seeing the new improvements to the stadium!!  As for Milan....there is something that I saw in them last Friday that I have not seen before.  Desparation!!!  Milan is pretty much healthy and has suspended players back.  But every game now is a must win if they want to make the playoffs and they know this.  You could see it in their eyes last Friday.  S. Gibson had 2 first downs when Milan took their starters out in the 4th qtr.  The desparation could make them very dangerous!!!

This will be a hard game for Dyersburg, as you never mess with a dawg backed into a corner, who is desperate.

FYI, only the turf was put down, the other improvements start after the last game of the season, hopefully which will not be after the first round....lol.........

This will be a hard game for Dyersburg, as you never mess with a dawg backed into a corner, who is desperate.

FYI, only the turf was put down, the other improvements start after the last game of the season, hopefully which will not be after the first round....lol.........

True that.... you guys should be district champs even if we pull the upset, as long as you win out!!!  That will help your playoff seeding. 

bpm...sorry to say it...but my lil birdie was chirpin this morning and it said that one of ur previously suspended players is lost to a knee injury for the year...hope its not true...but a definite blow to the dawgs...

ill still take milan to win this game tho

Trey Belew went down early in the first qtr against S. Gibson.  He was out the entire game, but was walking fine on the sidelines without crutches or any type of support.  I haven't heard anything about him being out for the season, but I could be wrong.