DII-AA Rankings: Week 7

WesVLT

You really make me laugh ... I look forward to your post . How big was the gap when they played ? And if BA has closed the gap then maybe father ryan only wins by 1 point this go around

Its closer than you think. The gritty gutty Eagles have gotten off the mat and played their hearts out recently. The gap between the Irish and Eagles has gotten smaller since they played.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

My subjective opinion is no better than yours - after all, they're opinions. You can argue the basis for my opinions all you want, but they won't change what I think about the merits of these teams. You've spent an awful lot of time on one piece of evidence I said was "small" to begin with. I'll repeat for the second time that the Liberty game was not the primary basis for my analysis, just a nugget of helpful information. Discard that game and we still have a 36-7 game that BA led by five scores until the Owls punched in a TD against backups. You may want to discount that, but it's the best piece of information we have since it directly involved the two teams. Has MUS improved since then? You bet. And my opinion -- my subjective analysis that cannot currently be proven right OR wrong -- is that BA is still the better team of the two.

I'm glad you've offered your opinion on the rankings and won't attempt to change your mind. I am not obstinate -- my opinions are subject to change as game results give us a better picture of where these teams stand. We've spent way too much time arguing about something that is fluid and entirely subjective. Your attempt to predict my future rankings should BA lose is unnecessary and incorrect.

I was responding to BBD NOT YOU but YOU chose to respond AGAIN.   I COMPLETELY understand your OPINION and am not arguing anything.  You're the one with the compulsion to beat this horse to death on YOUR OWN poll blog.  Had RedRobin not posted what he did I would have said NOTHING because it will all be answered in due time on the playing field.  Why don't you direct your next response to Red Robin.  The ranking order you dispute was opined by him in the first place.  Frankly, I could give a rats behind about your poll but there sadly is little else left these days on the D2 blogs except BS about R Bowers and the usual D2 detractor trolls.

I was responding to BBD NOT YOU but YOU chose to respond AGAIN. I COMPLETELY understand your OPINION and am not arguing anything. You're the one with the compulsion to beat this horse to death on YOUR OWN poll blog. Had RedRobin not posted what he did I would have said NOTHING because it will all be answered in due time on the playing field. Why don't you direct your next response to Red Robin. The ranking order you dispute was opined by him in the first place. Frankly, I could give a rats behind about your poll but there sadly is little else left these days on the D2 blogs except BS about R Bowers and the usual D2 detractor trolls.

You seem to be a bit flustered. Go grab a beverage of your choice and turn on some football...you'll feel better. These boards are for fun debate and discussion. Let's have a good time. Edited by WesVLT

I don't remember the score of the Ryan-BA game but by all accounts, Ryan physically dominated the Eagles. If someone disagrees then keep me honest.

Since that game, I'm sure the Eagles have improved. But it would take a real homer to think they are better now than the team that beat them up, down and all around The Gennacosa Dome.

I don't remember the score of the Ryan-BA game but by all accounts, Ryan physically dominated the Eagles. If someone disagrees then keep me honest.

Since that game, I'm sure the Eagles have improved. But it would take a real homer to think they are better now than the team that beat them up, down and all around The Gennacosa Dome.

For what it's worth latest SM computer rankings ... Father Ryan is right behind mccallie

ENSWORTH A2 6 0 0 111.70 155.36

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY A2 4 3 0 128.26 147.51

MONTGOMERY BELL ACADEMY (MBA) A2 6 1 0 131.73 145.90

MEMPHIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL (MUS) A2 5 2 0 121.93 143.71

BAYLOR A2 5 1 0 117.75 142.25

McCALLIE A2 3 4 0 129.09 132.18

What is "SM?"   Forgive my W TN ignorance but I'm seeing black leather not pigskin along with whips and chains....

Whew, this thread has gone south, WAY south. Homers galore and others that seem to have some ongoing hangup about a school or 2 that never seems to end in any thread.  Hate to tell all of you but a win in one game means little. Upsets occur every wkend and all of the time. And how many points another scores vs a team they both played means nothing.  Frankly who cares who is ranked where at this point?  Completely irrelevant. All will be revealed in the playoffs and guess what - surprise surprise - there will be upsets there also and a team that is likely better than another will not make it to the semis or finals. Might be time to give this one a rest  

Whew, this thread has gone south, WAY south. Homers galore and others that seem to have some ongoing hangup about a school or 2 that never seems to end in any thread.  Hate to tell all of you but a win in one game means little. Upsets occur every wkend and all of the time. And how many points another scores vs a team they both played means nothing.  Frankly who cares who is ranked where at this point?  Completely irrelevant. All will be revealed in the playoffs and guess what - surprise surprise - there will be upsets there also and a team that is likely better than another will not make it to the semis or finals. Might be time to give this one a rest  

Debate is fun, but when the arguments get circular/redundant, they become unproductive. I look forward to seeing these teams decide things on the field. Thank goodness there isn't a DII BCS -- imagine the controversy that would create!

Edited by WesVLT

Debate is fun, but when the arguments get circular/redundant, they become unproductive. I look forward to seeing these teams decide things on the field. Thank goodness there isn't a DII BCS -- imagine the controversy that would create!

Here's some "food for thought"

MBA 24  CBHS 10     MBA "labors" to a win over a "mediocre" CBHS

MUS 45  CBHS 9       MUS "mercy rules" the Bros

Sound familiar?   How did you factor THIS "small bit of evidence" Just curious. And don't start talking down to me again like I still don't understand the main reason for your ranking. I got it.  Had it the whole time. Smarter than you think. (Week zero 36-7)

For what it's worth, after watching last night's games, I would rank BA #2.  However, based on YOUR stated criteria, they should be #5 behind MBA, Baylor and Father Ryan.  MBA has beaten everybody below them. You can't drop Baylor for losing to a powerhouse non-division team, regardless of the score.  Moreover, Ryan both beat BA and lost to MBA by a narrower margin.  McCallie would be #6 because they lost to BA by fewer points than MUS, who of course is #7, ahead of #8 CBHS, whom they beat head to head.

Edited by owlbooster