Greenbrier welcomes Lexington in first round playo

HoosierDaddy

Looking forward to Friday night as the Lexington Tigers will travel to our humble little town of Greenbrier to meet up with our 3A-Region 5 #2 seed Bobcats.

For those Lexington fans seeking directions, directions to Greenbrier are relatively simple:

Greenbrier is about 30 miles north of Nashville. The quickest and least confusing way to get to Greenbrier is to follow I-65N toward Louisville on the north side of Nashville. (If anyone has ever been to Rivergate Mall, it is in the same direction.) Go to Exit 98 which is the Springfield/Millersville exit and once you exit bear left at the end of the exit ramp. Turn left and go back under the interstate and IMMEDIATELY get into the RIGHT LANE for about 400 yards where you will see a ramp that bears RIGHT toward Ridgetop/Springfield. That will dump you onto a 4 lane highway That is Hwy 41 and there it no getting lost from there. You will go about 9 miles (after going up a steep ridge, passing through Ridgetop,) and then you will enter "The Home of the Bobcats"..Greenbrier. You will pass a Sonic Drivein on the right and within a mile you will see Greenbrier Middle School on your left. The football field is between Greenbrier Middle and Greenbrier High (which is not visible from the highway.) Parking is available behind the visitor stands or in either schools parking lots.

Have a safe trip. We look forward to a great game. May the best team win!

[Edited by HoosierDaddy on 11-3-02 10:24P]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Bobcats! You boys have done great and have played like a team this year (and several of you who have played together for many past years) and all that is needed to proceed in the playoffs is hard work, focus and determination. There are so many names that come to mind when I think of how hard this team has worked for this coming week. Keep up the good work! The entire Greenbrier community is behind you.

[Edited by EZBeingGreen on 11-4-02 11:14P]

First off, let me say that i appreciate the sportsmanship being displayed on this thread (wish some other threads would take note of it as well).

I think that Lexington has a good shot at winning this game (no disrespcect to Greenbrier b/c I never seen 'em play). The Tigers are riding high with their recent victories, and they are playing with determination for their fallen 15 year old teammate who recently lost his foot. He severed an artery when he broke his leg playing football. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE INVOLVED.

I, too, appreciate good sportsmanship. Therefore, if the Lexington fans are smart, they won't post anything on here to give Greenbrier the mental edge, if ya know what I mean. I just hope the best team wins, wins fairly, & no one is injured; had enough of that. Both teams play hard & have fun!!! Best wishes to both of ya... ;):D:D

Greenbrier will have respect for Lexington. This Greenbrier team does not do a lot of talking or taunting, like I have seen from some other teams. They will play with good sportsmanship and class....win or lose. They will not make any excuses. They just go out and play hard every Friday night. This is a reflection of our coaching staff and also having a lot of good kids, who are willing to work hard and respect each other and their coaches. They play as a "TEAM". The seniors on this team have shown great leadership, while the underclassmen have shown great promise for the next few years.

For the Lexington football team, coaching staff, and family of the injured player, I am very sorry for the severe injury that one of your players has endured. Football is a physical sport....one, which makes many parents sit on the edge of their seats every Friday night. May you find some since of comfort in knowing he is still a part of your team....and always will be. God bless.

I hope all the Greenbrier fans will show up and support the Bobcats Friday night. They deserve the support and I promise, you will not be disappointed in their efforts.

I hope Lexington has a safe travel and enjoys their trip to our community. Greenbrier will show you some hospitality.......and they cook a pretty good hamburger.

[Edited by COACHHARD on 11-6-02 11:44A]

Thanks, CoachHard...I believe that is what everyone should want; just to have a good football game between some young men who love the game. I already appreciate your kindness & respect. Win or lose, life goes on, doesn't it, but it's difficult for kids to realize that sometimes. We had a young man a number of years ago from Humboldt that came to LHS for a playoff game...was so mad that his team lost that after the game, he went over to our field house and butted his head on the wall, fracturing his neck with subsequent paralysis, & ultimately, death. Football is only part of the big picture...God does have a plan for all our young men, as well as us, no matter what the outcome of this game. Thanks, for remembering Chad; he, his family, & all of us, need continuing prayers-we've all had a hard time with this. Good Lord willing, we'll c ya Friday!!! Best Wishes... ;):D:D

I look forward to the visit from Lexington. From what's been posted on here, I'd guess it to be a school similar to Greenbrier. Like Coachhard said, we have a good solid team that plays with strong character and sportsmanship. We've played some teams with some terrible attitudes that talked smack all through the game but we didn't stoop to their level. I don't believe we've had a personal foul called or had any cheap shots taken for the entire year. This group just likes to win. They've won most of their games by coming from behind or having to hold off the other team in the end. I believe last years game with McNairy taught them something. We were in a game that we shouldn't be able to win but we lead much of the game and had a good shot at it until late. This year there seems to be more focus on the game instead of just being in the playoffs.

You Lexington folks be careful on the trip. It's a rather long one. I believe we're all in for a night of great football!

Repeating Coachhard, I don't believe you will find our Greenbrier team taking anything for granted, but will play with class and sportmanship. Our team has come through tough seasons and are proud, just as their fans are, that they have played with heart that has resulted in their standings.

As it has already been said, Football is an important part of school sports, but if we all remember that it IS "just a game" and as long as everyone comes through injury-free, we will be blessed.

Chad Williams, his family and friends will be in our prayers as he begins this unexpected journey in his life. God's plan for him is yet unknown to us, but I feel that Chad's unforunate injury will somehow touch lives like a ripple on a pond, and he will be a shining example for not only his friends, but for all who have heard his name.

Good luck to both Greenbrier and Lexington...may the best team win.