A-AA District & Region Play

Booger

Club soccer.

That is the key.

Private or public.

The more club players a team has, the more successful their program is; regardless of division.

o greatlful wun; Booger welcomes u to the seezun....soccer has jus begun...hopin u r well Edited by Booger

Yes, a little in "Sarcasm" and a little not ....I have always posted and believed that "The HS team with the most select players will win". In post season "The team with the better select players will win."

Now, Where does the money comment come into play, you dare ask. In the cost of select teams these days. It is Not cheap to be on a quality select team anymore. The Uber clubs have taken over pretty much and with their success have driven up the cost, Especially, in the U-9 to U-12 age groups where numbers are way down... Success...Good, Cost....Bad. It is my fear that they (Uber Clubs) or select soccer in general are starting to price themselves out of business with the the Blue Collar family. <_<

I know in our area the select numbers are down and have been down over the last couple of years, costs are up, quality is up. But, with the numbers being down over the last few years it has started to show in the last couple of HS seasons. I know this is a HS Board, but I don't believe that you can talk about the quality of HS teams without talking about their feeder system.

Rec Soccer is good, Select Soccer is better, Being on a D-1 or Region team is Best, but the cost difference between the 3 are alarming. 

CC you are right people in Soddy have no money, most are hard working blue collar Moms and Dads. That's why you are starting to see the decline of its girls HS team. Select soccer is to expensive for their budgets. But the good news is...Their Travel Softball numbers are up. :huh:

And so goes the saga

Edited by MVM