CPA vs Marshall County

coach77

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to disagree with this one.  You don't go 8-0 with inferior talent just about every week.  Sure great coaching will win you some games, but the game is still played on the field.  I'd say we match up to just about everybody in terms of athleticism.  Giles had us at a few positions, but at QB, LB, OL, WR we stack up against most.

I agree totally!  With that kind of money yall buy attract only the finest talent. 

But, I'm actually gonna pull for the tiggers this week, not that it will help. But I know Cowboy will be all warm inside knowing I'm pulling for them.

Where is the field located? Didn't see on the campus map from Google.

Thanks.

I still got your back.  Here -

**NOTE: The school is on West Ellington but the football field is on White Drive. The locations are about two miles apart. Take Exit 32 Mooresville Highway and White Drive is approximately four miles on the right. Once you turn on White Drive the stadium will be on your left. It is in a residential neighborhood.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but the point I would make about CPA is this....prior to the current coaching staff CPA went 3-7 and I believe 5-6 with a 1st round thumping from Goodpasture in two seasons in 3A. Since then we've lost 3 games in 3 seasons. We have two kids that contribute on this team that started at CPA as high school students. Neither was recruited. Both families sought out CPA. The rest of the kids all started in MS school or earlier. Close to 75 percent of the team started in elementary school. None were recruited as football players.

We didn't magically get more talented and athletic kids. We did however change out a lot of staff. We did completely revamp the strength and conditioning program and the off season workout program. It may not sound sexy but these kids are winning because they've out worked 99 percent of the teams they've played. I've seen their opponents each week for years. Generally speaking top to bottom other teams have more team speed than CPA. In some cases they are much bigger than CPA on the lines with one exception in Paul Adams who is huge. Until 3 years ago ither teams always had bigger kids that could push us around.

But for the last 3 years our kids have started being stronger, in better shape, able to play with more endurance, and able to play with more discipline and technique. They arecoached to play hard and with an edge. Above average athletes have worked hard and become great players on a great team.

CPA maybe has 2 kids that run faster than 4.6 or 4.7. But they have 50 kids that will hit you til whistle blows. They have an OL that plays with great technique and is very physical. They have a defense that is sound and plays with great effort.

There is no magic sauce or stud recruited athletes. It's the same type of kids that went 3-7 but now work harder and are coached better. In many cases it's the little brothers of the kids that weren't supposedly athletic enough to compete in 3A that are undefeated now.

So to me that's coaching more than talent. This same staff could do wonders with some of the athletes we compete against who have more natural talent and natural size than our kids. But they would have to work their fannies off to see the field to play for CPA.

That was my original point. These boys work very hard to get where they are today. And All the credit should go to great staff rather than people take pot shots like saying they recruit athletes. It just not true. But saying kids work hard isn't sexy or as believable on a message board.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but the point I would make about CPA is this....prior to the current coaching staff CPA went 3-7 and I believe 5-6 with a 1st round thumping from Goodpasture in two seasons in 3A. Since then we've lost 3 games in 3 seasons. We have two kids that contribute on this team that started at CPA as high school students. Neither was recruited. Both families sought out CPA. The rest of the kids all started in MS school or earlier. Close to 75 percent of the team started in elementary school. None were recruited as football players.

We didn't magically get more talented and athletic kids. We did however change out a lot of staff. We did completely revamp the strength and conditioning program and the off season workout program. It may not sound sexy but these kids are winning because they've out worked 99 percent of the teams they've played. I've seen their opponents each week for years. Generally speaking top to bottom other teams have more team speed than CPA. In some cases they are much bigger than CPA on the lines with one exception in Paul Adams who is huge. Until 3 years ago ither teams always had bigger kids that could push us around.

But for the last 3 years our kids have started being stronger, in better shape, able to play with more endurance, and able to play with more discipline and technique. They arecoached to play hard and with an edge. Above average athletes have worked hard and become great players on a great team.

CPA maybe has 2 kids that run faster than 4.6 or 4.7. But they have 50 kids that will hit you til whistle blows. They have an OL that plays with great technique and is very physical. They have a defense that is sound and plays with great effort.

There is no magic sauce or stud recruited athletes. It's the same type of kids that went 3-7 but now work harder and are coached better. In many cases it's the little brothers of the kids that weren't supposedly athletic enough to compete in 3A that are undefeated now.

So to me that's coaching more than talent. This same staff could do wonders with some of the athletes we compete against who have more natural talent and natural size than our kids. But they would have to work their fannies off to see the field to play for CPA.

That was my original point. These boys work very hard to get where they are today. And All the credit should go to great staff rather than people take pot shots like saying they recruit athletes. It just not true. But saying kids work hard isn't sexy or as believable on a message board.

In 2012 (using the semifinal starting lineup), of the 22 starting positions all 22 were at CPA by 6th grade and 21 were at CPA in elementary school. 

In 2012 (using the semifinal starting lineup), of the 22 starting positions all 22 were at CPA by 6th grade and 21 were at CPA in elementary school.

Being from Lewis Co I don't get to see you guys play a lot but I have seen you play a couple of times the past 2 yrs and I must say ya'll have a very good thing going on up there! In my opinion ya'll should have been in Cookville last yr and ya'll have a very good team this yr! When you have success like you guys are having people are going to talk crap! Good luck the rest of the yr!