ECS(8-0) vs. TCA(8-0) the "showdown"

Intense

TCAIntense I don't know if Goldsmith will start at running back anywhere else. You got Devin Bush at Liberty, Rodney Clark at JCM, Marcus Maxwell and Freshmen Tedarious Wilson at North Side, and Johnny Jones at Crockett Co. which will start over Goldsmith if Andrew went to those schools. I believe if Goldsmith went to SGC then yes he will start.

And yes, stats wise Kyle Akin is the best QB in West Tennessee. But also with TCA is a spread offense that likes to throw the ball. But I also don't like comparing players because they play different. In other words, yes Kyle has about 2,000+ passing yards, but he also throw the football about 35-50 times a game, if not more.

Kyle Akin has 188 pass attempts in 8 games for an average of 23 attempts per game. He has completed 63% of passes for 1900 yards and 27 TD's. If he threw 35-50 times he would have 3000 yards or more. Since the running game is averaging 187 yards per game he hasn't thrown as much this year. Goldsmith would start at Safety for any team and would start at RB for most teams. Maybe not the teams you mentioned because those are great backs but he would get plenty of touches on those teams as well. Kyle Akin is best QB in West Tenn hands down regardless of stats. He reads a defense like a college QB. He will definitely play somewhere at the next level. He is only a junior.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Realityville, you?

Yes, ECS will be more talented. There will be a handful of D1 type guys on the field Friday night and only *maybe* one will be playing for TCA (Goldsmith).

ECS is a little different animal than what y'all are used to. Think lines bigger and with much better technique than Adamsville, no two-way players, solid execution in run and passing game, 80+ players on roster, and their skill guys will be as if not more athletic.

Like I said, if TCA wins Friday it will be because if superior execution in the passing game.

By the way, one good team in two decades does not a dynasty for TCA make. Do you really think the USJ team that went to Knoxville and put more on the scoreboard against Webb than Ensworth and Maryville only had "1 or 2 weapons"?

Have some perspective.

It's pretty obvious where you are from! Perspective? I would challenge you to research history before making one of your comments. TCA was 9-1 in 2007 and yes they beat USJ that year and made a nice run in the playoffs. 2010 they were state runner up. Last year they were 7-5 with a nice playoff run losing to a really good Dresden team and TCA had mostly freshmen and Sophs. There have been a number of other years they have made the playoffs and won a game or two. I don't think this years team has defined the football program. Yes, it's definitely the best team but not the only great team. BTW, next year we will be better and the year after we will be real good. It could have been a whole lot worse this year if Coach Butler hadn't called the dogs off. Nobody said TCA had a bunch of D1 players. They do have 6 to 8 that can play at some level of college football. As far as the comment about USJ and "one or two" weapons. If you took Mayhall off of those great teams, they would have had really good teams but not great teams. He was that much of a difference maker. If you take one of TCA's skilled players away it doesn't change things that much because we have so many weapons. By no means am I saying those USJ teams weren't great. I thought they were by far the best team in the city of Jackson 3 or 4 different times over he last 10 years. Give some respect where respect is due. I have given your school respect.

The kickoff between TCA and ECS is in just under 5 hours.  If you can't make it down to Mempho, then you can listen to radio coverage of this game only on WDVW 105.3fm.  Dave McCulley and Stan Gerard will have all of the action beginning with The Countdown To Kickoff Pregame Show at 6:30pm central time with the kickoff slated for 7pm.  You can also listen in online at www.gracebroadcasting.com.  Enjoy the broadcast.