ECS(8-0) vs. TCA(8-0) the "showdown"

Intense

There is no other way to put this. I watched the entire game. ECS is very good. Yes they controlled the line but they ran most of the time and controlled the clock. TCA looked impressive in the 1Q but their strikes were short lived. They have an amazing air attack and a good running back but their defense could not stop ECS. Both teams had turnovers and penalties and both had long drives that did not convert. It looked like TCA had a few unsportmanlike calls even before it got out of hand. Ecs made great adjustments and very few mistakes in the 2nd half and just played better on this particular friday. Question is does TCA learn from it and move on. I played against ECS my entire life in 3 sports and they are and have always been a good program. I have seen Webb play and honestly dont think anyone in 3a or below would have beaten ECS last night.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Wired. It's great to hear from an unbiased perspective. It's also great to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about. I don't think there were any unsportsmanlike penalties until the end. We did have a bunch of other penalties mainly holding. We had to hold to keep them from killing us! Lol. If there is a team in 2A as good as ECS I hope we don't see them!!

Thanks Wired. It's great to hear from an unbiased perspective. It's also great to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about. I don't think there were any unsportsmanlike penalties until the end. We did have a bunch of other penalties mainly holding. We had to hold to keep them from killing us! Lol. If there is a team in 2A as good as ECS I hope we don't see them!!

well...i clearly know what i am talking about...as was stated by ur radio guys during the pass interference call...they werent clear on the rule and neither were the lion fans...im sure u were one of them intense...

as far as unbiased opinions and such...didnt i say ecs would only win by 3...i clearly had high hopes for tca...i dont know if i can do it again

trousdale co is going to be pretty similar to ecs man...but at least tca has time to prepare for them

well...i clearly know what i am talking about...as was stated by ur radio guys during the pass interference call...they werent clear on the rule and neither were the lion fans...im sure u were one of them intense...

as far as unbiased opinions and such...didnt i say ecs would only win by 3...i clearly had high hopes for tca...i dont know if i can do it again

trousdale co is going to be pretty similar to ecs man...but at least tca has time to prepare for them

I know I should not feed the troll, BUT, you clearly know what you are talking about, ACCORDING TO YOU.  I knew there was a change in the pass interference rule, but I could not put my finger on it.  That is why I tried to refer to a sheet of rule changes we have kept all year.  Unfortunately, I could not find the exact change quickly.  Fortunately for us, one of my partners student workers who is very familiar with the rule changes let us know.  It ended up saving us the time.  That rule change is not for the better and I have hopes that we might go back to the old rule next year.  At least the old rule gives real consequences and helps to keep the defense from intentionally mugging a receiver when they are clearly beaten.

As far as your "high hopes" for TCA last night, I am sure the Lions appreciate your hopes.  I am also sure they can do with out them. 

And by the way, thanks for listening.  I do hope you had the opportunity to fill out an Arbitron Book. 

Don't forget that Trousdale will have to get through their Quad and then one of the top 10 defenses in the state before they get a shot at the gold ball. ECS was in no huddle Fast Forward mode last night. Trousdale definitely pounds the ball with smashmouth football and will be the team we have to beat to get to the gold ball. We are similar to TCA but try and picture this......we run the the same offense as Knox Webb, but we have 6 good running backs and then we have the air attack of Trinity but can throw to 8-10 different receivers. Our offensive line ranges from 6-0 to 6-7 with some 300 pounders. Our QB has thrown for nearly 2400 but has only played one full game of all 4 quarters. The rest of the games for 1 half. Defensively we make great adjustments. 5 of the teams in our district will make playoffs with 2-3 going into deep rounds. All with winning records and a 6th team could end up .500. 

Great information but means nothing when the playoffs hit deeper rounds except for we have home field provided we continue to win and stay injury free. Can't wait to see how the west plays out. My picks from west are TCA vs Adamsville in the semis. In the east GCA vs Trousdale

Just wait til y'all have to play Loosacoochie County!

Our linemen are nine feet tall slabs of granite cut from the Smokies who've been fed a restricted diet of glass shards fortified with deer antler spray and unpasteurized yak milk for near a decade now. Their pancake blocks have been known to register on the Richter scale and have set off numerous false alarms with the Department of the Interior.

Our receivers are immigrant Jamaican triplets whose momma and daddy each at one time held the world record in the 100m dash. They've got a younger brother coming up in middle school. If they can get their passport situations sorted out, the four brothers will be representing the USA relay team in the 4x100m come 2016 in Rio.

Our quarterback is a prototype droid on loan from Oak Ridge. He's been programmed by the top scientists in the world to make the correct read in a fraction of a second. His pneumatic arm is so powerful that our Jamaican receivers have to wear catcher's mitts for fear of breaking their hands on impact. NASA engineers are working on a quad-powered levitation system for in-game flight that should be ready by the playoffs.

That's not to even mention our defense. I'd have to start speaking Klingon to do justice to their nastiness and aggression.

Don't forget that Trousdale will have to get through their Quad and then one of the top 10 defenses in the state before they get a shot at the gold ball. ECS was in no huddle Fast Forward mode last night. Trousdale definitely pounds the ball with smashmouth football and will be the team we have to beat to get to the gold ball. We are similar to TCA but try and picture this......we run the the same offense as Knox Webb, but we have 6 good running backs and then we have the air attack of Trinity but can throw to 8-10 different receivers. Our offensive line ranges from 6-0 to 6-7 with some 300 pounders. Our QB has thrown for nearly 2400 but has only played one full game of all 4 quarters. The rest of the games for 1 half. Defensively we make great adjustments. 5 of the teams in our district will make playoffs with 2-3 going into deep rounds. All with winning records and a 6th team could end up .500. 

Great information but means nothing when the playoffs hit deeper rounds except for we have home field provided we continue to win and stay injury free. Can't wait to see how the west plays out. My picks from west are TCA vs Adamsville in the semis. In the east GCA vs Trousdale

who is we wired??? grace???

Our linemen are nine feet tall slabs of granite cut from the Smokies who've been fed a restricted diet of glass shards fortified with deer antler spray and unpasteurized yak milk for near a decade now. Their pancake blocks have been known to register on the Richter scale and have set off numerous false alarms with the Department of the Interior.

Our receivers are immigrant Jamaican triplets whose momma and daddy each at one time held the world record in the 100m dash. They've got a younger brother coming up in middle school. If they can get their passport situations sorted out, the four brothers will be representing the USA relay team in the 4x100m come 2016 in Rio.

Our quarterback is a prototype droid on loan from Oak Ridge. He's been programmed by the top scientists in the world to make the correct read in a fraction of a second. His pneumatic arm is so powerful that our Jamaican receivers have to wear catcher's mitts for fear of breaking their hands on impact. NASA engineers are working on a quad-powered levitation system for in-game flight that should be ready by the playoffs.

That's not to even mention our defense. I'd have to start speaking Klingon to do justice to their nastiness and aggression.

well done

You guys must be awesome lol.