ECS(8-0) vs. TCA(8-0) the "showdown"

Intense

yes I figured since intense described his team and someone mentioned how great trousdale is then I would mention GCA as well. Hope thats ok

nah man i dont give a hoot...i was just curious

i think grace has a very solid team...would u mind comparing them to friendship christian from last season??? if u can

and i will say that i believe trousdale has played a tougher schedule than both tca and grace...however they seemed to have struggled against sycamore and i dont believe they are very good at all...so that concerns me some

but yes 2a ball especially out west is gona be INTENSE!!!  lol i had to man...gona be some good games played here real soon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that Trousdale will have to get through their Quad and then one of the top 10 defenses in the state before they get a shot at the gold ball. ECS was in no huddle Fast Forward mode last night. Trousdale definitely pounds the ball with smashmouth football and will be the team we have to beat to get to the gold ball. We are similar to TCA but try and picture this......we run the the same offense as Knox Webb, but we have 6 good running backs and then we have the air attack of Trinity but can throw to 8-10 different receivers. Our offensive line ranges from 6-0 to 6-7 with some 300 pounders. Our QB has thrown for nearly 2400 but has only played one full game of all 4 quarters. The rest of the games for 1 half. Defensively we make great adjustments. 5 of the teams in our district will make playoffs with 2-3 going into deep rounds. All with winning records and a 6th team could end up .500.

Great information but means nothing when the playoffs hit deeper rounds except for we have home field provided we continue to win and stay injury free. Can't wait to see how the west plays out. My picks from west are TCA vs Adamsville in the semis. In the east GCA vs Trousdale

Great post Wired. There is no doubt you know your stuff and I'm not being sarcastic! I definitely believe GCA is the best team in the state. Trousdale will never get past you guys. I've watched some film on GCA and your offense is superior. I was curious about your defense and also how strong your OL is. It sounds like its stout. I would think you would be very similar to ECS. If so, it will be very tough for any 2A team to beat you. If we could combine our offense with Adamsville's defense I believe we could win!! I agree with you on your pick for the semis. Going to be interesting!

nah man i dont give a hoot...i was just curious

i think grace has a very solid team...would u mind comparing them to friendship christian from last season??? if u can

and i will say that i believe trousdale has played a tougher schedule than both tca and grace...however they seemed to have struggled against sycamore and i dont believe they are very good at all...so that concerns me some

but yes 2a ball especially out west is gona be INTENSE!!!  lol i had to man...gona be some good games played here real soon

Well comparing to last years FCS team. GCA lost our MR Tennessee running back in the South Pitt game after he scored 4-5 touchdowns to a brain injury. He now plays for Navy and was a huge loss last year. We played Boyd in 3rd round and if anything could wrong it was that game. More turnovers and 4th down NON conversions that the rest of the year combined. Needless to say 2 days later McKamey gets released to play but it was too late. I would say that with confidence that the true state championship would have been played between Grace and Friendship last year in the semis. We pounded the ball on the ground alot more last year but could still throw. This year we just have a more solid balanced attack. There is a ton of talent in the east. All of us can beat up each others schedule and say we have the stronger schedule but Trousdale beat Gallatin and Dekalb. The only real tough team in their district is Gordonsville this year. Goodpasture is down, Friendship played without AJ Long. However our district has some of the same qualities. Some are weak and others are strong. I have watched Trousdale play and they are GOOD. They have been there more than most and definitely the team to beat if anybody wants the gold ball. I just hope we stay healthy and keep winning. 

Just wait til y'all have to play Loosacoochie County!

Our linemen are nine feet tall slabs of granite cut from the Smokies who've been fed a restricted diet of glass shards fortified with deer antler spray and unpasteurized yak milk for near a decade now. Their pancake blocks have been known to register on the Richter scale and have set off numerous false alarms with the Department of the Interior.

Our receivers are immigrant Jamaican triplets whose momma and daddy each at one time held the world record in the 100m dash. They've got a younger brother coming up in middle school. If they can get their passport situations sorted out, the four brothers will be representing the USA relay team in the 4x100m come 2016 in Rio.

Our quarterback is a prototype droid on loan from Oak Ridge. He's been programmed by the top scientists in the world to make the correct read in a fraction of a second. His pneumatic arm is so powerful that our Jamaican receivers have to wear catcher's mitts for fear of breaking their hands on impact. NASA engineers are working on a quad-powered levitation system for in-game flight that should be ready by the playoffs.

That's not to even mention our defense. I'd have to start speaking Klingon to do justice to their nastiness and aggression.

You win the internet.

• 3 weeks later...