DeKalb @ Upperman

Goldeaglefan

First off I wanna say congrats to my Bees. You guys didnt prove me wrong when I said you guys will compete in the playoffs. Second thing I wanna say is the DC fans have all been classy before and after the game. Next season will be your turn. Dekalbs qb is very good to be so young. I expected this game to be a lot closer but the U was clicking on all cylinders. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season.

Actually, I think it was about 30 seconds later when UHS went up 14-0 after recovering the Kick Off Return fumble. Classic sign of a young team... they lost all their confidence after that second TD. Don't get me wrong, if it would have been against a lesser team (or at least a team that wasn't undefeated), I think they would have been fine. Although, they knew what they were up against coming in and after those two disasters in a row, it definitely killed their confidence.

It must be said too that Baxter had an excellent defensive game plan to start the game, the pressure on Jennings was relentless. Trapp did adjust on the third series and kept two backs in to block, but by that time our QB was already "rattled" (once again, "classic sign of youth"). I know it wouldn't have made much of a difference, because we couldn't slow down, much less stop York, but it did seem Milan wasn't anywhere near 100%. He carried the ball on the first play from scrimmage, but unless I missed a play or two, he didn't touch it again until late in the 2nd or even the 3rd quarter and we were already down 4-5 TDs. Like I said, we couldn't stop York anyway, but we may have at least looked like we belonged on the same field. (Because, we didn't look that way tonight....)

Actually, I think it was about 30 seconds later when UHS went up 14-0 after recovering the Kick Off Return fumble. Classic sign of a young team... they lost all their confidence after that second TD. Don't get me wrong, if it would have been against a lesser team (or at least a team that wasn't undefeated), I think they would have been fine. Although, they knew what they were up against coming in and after those two disasters in a row, it definitely killed their confidence.

It must be said too that Baxter had an excellent defensive game plan to start the game, the pressure on Jennings was relentless. Trapp did adjust on the third series and kept two backs in to block, but by that time our QB was already "rattled" (once again, "classic sign of youth"). I know it wouldn't have made much of a difference, because we couldn't slow down, much less stop York, but it did seem Milan wasn't anywhere near 100%. He carried the ball on the first play from scrimmage, but unless I missed a play or two, he didn't touch it again until late in the 2nd or even the 3rd quarter and we were already down 4-5 TDs. Like I said, we couldn't stop York anyway, but we may have at least looked like we belonged on the same field. (Because, we didn't look that way tonight....)

First I want to say upperman is the real deal and Conner is worthy of all the hype they took the tigers to the woodshed tonight.

From what I saw was the young qb for dekalb was about the only one on offense not rattled. Threw several balls that should have been caught under extreme pressure all night. He was getting hit on every pass play but kept getting up and making throws. anyway it's week 9 there are no more freshman

But yet York scored his 6th TD in the 4th quarter...

Are you kidding? Up over 40 points at the half and York is still playing in the 4th quarter???

They should have let him play the whole game. It being senior night and the first time in ages Upperman playing for a district title I wish he would have played every snap on offense. He is a great young man who has went through a lot in his time at Upperman. Great group of young men at upperman as well as Dekalb. I wish both teams all the best in the playoffs.

We were doing them a favor making sure the mercy rule was still going.

Wouldn't be saying that if he got hurt!!

it will be interesting to see how Upperman does in the playoffs... Smith county was 10-0 and got beat in the first round and inappropriates cannon county team lost in the first round when they got their first district title.

Edited by Waterboy78