East Hamilton vs Rhea

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker Valley : 24  Rhea County: 17

Walker Valley : 35  East Hamilton : 56

Only common opponent...[/quote

Although this is true the score is not very indicative of our team at this point in the year. We went up 17-0 in the first quarter and were dominating and then just stopped putting in to WV. At that point in the year I don't think we knew how to put an opponent away as well as we do now. That was by far the worst game we've played and I think the kids and staff learned a lot from it. This is a team that doesn't stop playing hard for 4 quarters now. Not saying this loss doesn't matter, but I don't think it'll be an indicator of how this game will go.

One area we haven't talked about yet, is the weather for Friday.  It is projected to be pretty cold, around freezing during game time.  Who does this help?  I hope it is to our advantage, although we have thrown the ball more lately, I feel like we can focus on our run game where the cold is not quite as much a factor.  Passing games sometimes have difficulty when it gets cold, air is heavier, qbs hands are cold so the grip is tricky, receivers tend to drop more passes.  But, run or pass, more fumbles tend to happen, this could be a factor for either team.  Be interesting to see how our teams respond to the first cold game of the year.

Well I think you were being kind with the word "slow". More like cattle battling for position at the hay drop. But we do have very athletic and fast LB’ers. Not sure about the weather....... I would say it would affect kids sitting then comming in more..... But have you seen the stuff these kids have? Well Im sure you have if your kid plays because you paid for it..... Gloves long stretchy under cold gear, under pants that go around there head, I think they will be fine. Old cats like me and you guys will be the ones who suffer...... Lower back, knees, where can I pick up white stuff in a mason jar at???? Don't tell me they don't have it up there I know better.

From the stat department, thanks to the Chattanooga Times Free Press and the Canes web site both open to the public. I have too say that or folks from Cane Hill will fuss “he giving away secrets again†well uh, the coach from Rhea already has them, and it’s in the paper.

415 total offensive plays 12 turnover’s 2.89% an even 6 fumbles, and 6 Int’s.

Canes of defense 16 take a way’s that would a + 4 margin.

I am not sure if you will play another team that is coached by a guy who is a master at trap blocking, not the best in the world at it this year, but he has done it his whole career. He is also the O line coach.

Not many folks know or care but Coach Gatewood did play at Memphis as a 3 year starter at center. In 1986 when there was only 1 All-American team the AP, there was a first team guy, a second team guy and an honorable mention guy…. So there was only 3 centers recognized……. That year Ted Gatewood was the honorable mention guy, coached by Bobby Lee Dunn. What that means is he knows all about trap blocking, and you guys trap more the Davey Crockett.

This game is of extreme importance to the Canes, if Cleveland can beat Ooltewah, and at the end Cleveland, Ooltewah and East Hamilton were to all finish 5-1 in the district they would go to the 2nd tie breaker over all wins thus giving East Hamilton the nod if we win out at 9-1. So this game is not just a non district game just to get better. If you beat us and you can, you will get our best shot. I will not allow any Cane fan to post well we were sand bagging for Bradley and the play off……. You will get a 100% effort as we will from you, it’s in your blood, and you don’t know anything else. Coach Gate has let them know what we will be facing……..

Good info chattacane. I love seeing some solid stats like that. Should be a fun game especially with a possible meeting in the play offs.

I still find it amazing the turn around we've had from last year. It seems crazy to talking about this game in week 9 the way we all are compared to this time last year.

Eagles 42-31

I am well aware of the fact Rhea can win this ball game, lots of respect here.

But your bread and butter is the run game….. I think you can pound it at us all nigh do not fore see more then maybe one break away run for a TD. Your RB is quick as a rabbit being cashed by a beagle, but our DB’s are cheetahs he will not run by them more than once.

East Ham:

• Signal 43.6 per game vs. us 12…. They run the same offense.

• Dobyns Bennett 32.8 per game vs. us 21

• Walker Valley 19.6 per game vs. us 35…. Never said this before but #21 did not play and we started a freshman they scored 2 times on him one - one pass D.

• Riverdale 22.6 per game vs. us 21…. They run the same offense.

• Ooltewah 35.7 per game vs. us 28…. They dropped 47 on Siegel

• Cleveland 35.3 per game vs. us 20…. They put 25 on Knox West

• McMinn 20.5 per game vs. us 12….

• Soddy 13.5 per game vs. us 7….

You average 42.0 points per game…….. Please no slam here but I cannot see that you played a = or harder schedule.

So tell me how do you see Rhea scoring 42 on us? Win the game yes, maybe but dropping 42.