East Hamilton vs Rhea

The game is on turf, and it's gonna be cold.

RC has gained a lot of confidence, but playing big in a weak district.  No doubt they're improved, but EH will put this one to bed by halftime.

RC only beat Walker Valley by 7...and it was a close 7.

Don't get me wrong...I'd LOVE for someone to hang another loss on EH.  Won't happen this week though.  Just a playoff tune-up for the Canes.

Play off tune up? C'mon now man, I know our district is weaker, but I don't think you've watched us play. Am I saying we will win? Nope. However , we'll play far above play off tune up. We have weaknesses just like they do. They've got some great athletes, but so do we. Can they play physical tough football for 4 quarters? I'm not sure. I think that's one thing I've seen that we may have the advantage on. RC likes to hit an play physical. The film I've seen of EH, they don't defend a down hill running game as well. I would hold off on the play off tune up talk atleast till after the game.

I'll eat crow if it turns out otherwise.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Rhea win this game, but I just don't see it. Maybe they will prove me wrong, and I've been wrong a lot . I don't think the easy schedule will do Rhea any favors Friday night.

You maybe right about the schedule, but I'm gonna point one thing out. This is the first year in several years we've actually had an easier schedule. Did we do well with a harder schedule in the past couple years? Well no, but the kids that were playing Fulton and Ooltewah and Powell the last couple years were all freshman and sophomores. Also, I would say this is the strongest senior class we've had in several years.

My point is, these kids have had a lot of experience against very good teams and have also done well at a number of camps against some of the top talent in the south east over the past year. I think one of the reasons you see some of the huge wins we've had this year is because we had a lot of underclass man having to play against top notch teams the past couple years. Were they ready for that? Probably not completely, but we had to have them play and I think it may them better in the long run.

Hopefully we'll see some of that pay off tomorrow night against a very good team.

Cane I don't think they are effecting the team. They are nervous in Owlville because they understand that CBRF and crew has had their number. So they are on here rambling off. Trust me these boys and coaches know they are going to have to play and coach all out for 4 qtrs. EH is a good football team and Rhea will not take them lightly.

Owlville is not nervous sir.... we have been playn the Raiders for years and yes they have had our number.....but Rhea on the other hand who were basically spoilers of 5aaa for years are afraid that the Canes can mess up that winning momentum going into the playoffs....they have some athletes in particular #12 that can make a play and beat you single handedly .......if #18 was in the Canes lineup....no shot...but #21 will be all over the field ready to pic you apart on both sides of the ball.....we are all playoff bound....and that's where the rubber meets the road.....whatever happens at Benny Monroeville is up to the Owls....we are in the drivers seat....good luck :thumb:

I'd love to see Rhea win this game, but I just don't see it. Maybe they will prove me wrong, and I've been wrong a lot . I don't think the easy schedule will do Rhea any favors Friday night.

Yes hope you are wrong also. No  doubt EH will know Rhea has been there win or lose. And we at Rhea would love to see you get the Owls. Maybe we both will come out pretty good. Who knows? We will see in about 32 hours.

Yes hope you are wrong also. No  doubt EH will know Rhea has been there win or lose. And we at Rhea would love to see you get the Owls. Maybe we both will come out pretty good. Who knows? We will see in about 32 hours.

In no way is this any warm up game……. If our kids go up there and think that way we will get our teeth kicked in. Rhea is very physical, but no more than Signal or Ooltewah, and Cleveland. Yes teams have run the ball on us all year; the Canes will force this issue thru the air and on special team and look for pay day when you throw it. If Rhea runs it 90% of the times Garland will stack the box and bring the LB’ers thus force you to put it the air to loosen it up, and the DB can handle anybody in this area one on one they will bait you like a worm on a hook. Binder over 1600 yards passing was held to 89 vs. Canes. #7 at Cleveland was held to under 70 yards of his season avg. and threw for 219. I will tell you one pass for a TD for 64 yards was one of the best grabs I have ever seen and 9 out of 10 times no one makes that catch. Canes will push you to put in the air.

If Rhea can have long time consuming drives on the ground move the chains, have very few stupid yellow flags, and force the Canes into 3 and outs they win this ball game.

If the Canes strike with some quick scores threw the air and get any type of support  I mean any where around a 100 yard rushing night combined and get up a couple of scores the Rhea guys will have to put it up, and that will play into there plan. Can Rhea force EH into there style of play? Yes, and if they do they win it. But sometimes we Cane Hill folks forget this team is 7-1 thinks there more like 5-3.

Edited by chattacane

In no way is this any warm up game……. If our kids go up there and think that way we will get our teeth kicked in. Rhea is very physical, but no more than Signal or Ooltewah, and Cleveland. Yes teams have run the ball on us all year; the Canes will force this issue thru the air and on special team and look for pay day when you throw it. If Rhea runs it 90% of the times Garland will stack the box and bring the LB’ers thus force you to put it the air to loosen it up, and the DB can handle anybody in this area one on one they will bait you like a worm on a hook. Binder over 1600 yards passing was held to 89 vs. Canes. #7 at Cleveland was held to under 70 yards of his season avg. and threw for 219. I will tell you one pass for a TD for 64 yards was one of the best grabs I have ever seen and 9 out of 10 times no one makes that catch. Canes will push you to put in the air.

If Rhea can have long time consuming drives on the ground move the chains, have very few stupid yellow flags, and force the Canes into 3 and outs they win this ball game.

If the Canes strike with some quick scores threw the air and get any type of support  I mean any where around a 100 yard rushing night combined and get up a couple of scores the Rhea guys will have to put it up, and that will play into there plan. Can Rhea force EH into there style of play? Yes, and if they do they win it. But sometimes we Cane Hill folks forget this team is 7-1 thinks there more like 5-3.

When you got a tailback like Pittman.....you dont need to throw it......Binder was NOT held to 89 yds. because he couldn't throw it.....he didn't have too......The Canes HAVE to throw it....

EAGLE4LIFE.....If you can get by my Canes convincingly I will forget about your days in 5aaa...and crown you legit :popcorneater:

Play off tune up? C'mon now man, I know our district is weaker, but I don't think you've watched us play. Am I saying we will win? Nope. However , we'll play far above play off tune up. We have weaknesses just like they do. They've got some great athletes, but so do we. Can they play physical tough football for 4 quarters? I'm not sure. I think that's one thing I've seen that we may have the advantage on. RC likes to hit an play physical. The film I've seen of EH, they don't defend a down hill running game as well. I would hold off on the play off tune up talk atleast till after the game.

I'll eat crow if it turns out otherwise.

Not meant as an insult, Cope...  Just calling like I see it.  No doubt the Eagles are a much improved product over what we've encountered the last few years, but I'm telling you...you guys have not faced this level of competition this year.  Besides the size of the EH OL and DL, I believe there will be a huge struggle to find someone who can contain/catch/stop Herndon.  He's proven in two games this year that he can make the difference all by himself, and so far even his best competitors haven't really had an answer for him.

Again, I'm not poking a stick at Rhea.  I'm just saying they will be out-matched and this one will be decided by halftime.

Maybe I'm wrong....actually hope so!  Just an opinion...and we've all got 'em.

When you got a tailback like Pittman.....you dont need to throw it......Binder was NOT held to 89 yds. because he couldn't throw it.....he didn't have too......The Canes HAVE to throw it....

Sorry dude..... Forgot you beat the snot out of us. Had a dream we had more offensive yards and you only scored 2 offensive TD's, and we had the ball with 33 seconds left 1st and goal from the 8 . But I am getting old, plum for got it was a blow out.

Sorry dude..... Forgot you beat the snot out of us. Had a dream we had more offensive yards and you only scored 2 offensive TD's, and we had the ball with 33 seconds left 1st and goal from the 8 . But I am getting old, plum for got it was a blow out.

quit using a team you took an L to as an example....no one cares if you didn't win!!!!use one of the teams you actually beat the crap out of...and maybe we can believe you....like WV or Soddy....

Edited by PassiveAggressive