Station Camp Forfeiting Games?

HighLife

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently learned some facts of the situation. And To be honest, it does sound like a botched witch hunt. I have supported Gallatin for years but I am not happy about this. A few people have made a mockery out of this town.

Having read several if your posts for some time now, I really thought you would have a different opinion if you knew what really happened here. Gallatin really is not the program that so many of you have taken pride in for so many years, and that's not about wins and losses, that's about character.

I recently learned some facts of the situation. And To be honest, it does sound like a botched witch hunt. I have supported Gallatin for years but I am not happy about this. A few people have made a mockery out of this town.

Having read several if your posts for some time now, I really thought you would have a different opinion if you knew what really happened here. Gallatin really is not the program that so many of you have taken pride in for so many years, and that's not about wins and losses, that's about character.

Will someone please have the guts to tell this secret story to all of us uninformed?  Seems like everyone thinks they know this kid's Uncle Jimmy and he said that she said that the coach said that the boy's parents' said that someone that lives in Kentucky heard that the boy's sister said that he's a better bowler than he is a football player and SC needed another kid on the bowling team.  Everyone says they know the truth - put it out here and let us decide what the truth is.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Let me tell you eers, I am not happy about what has taken place. If you are going to go to this extreme you better have your facts in order. However, there have been many instances in the past because of a few individuals that have affected Gallatin in favor of Station Camp. When boosters can pay rent for families to move to play for SC and players can at a whim get eligible at SC but sit out a year at Gallatin, things can get ugly. I could careless about wins and losses it has to do with doing the right thing on BOTH sides. I know teachers and coaches at both schools. Good people that I consider friends. This situation got out of hand and proper channels were not gone through first. The prevailing thought is, well this will make them think twice, while it looks bad on the whole community. Gallatin lost to Station Camp. Not gonna change. I have supported Gallatin and will continue but I will say this was a bad decision. From what I have heard, this was NOT a Mark Williams led decision so for everyone who wants to blame the coach first, you may be wrong. Neither side is completely innocent and you know I am right.

Let me tell you eers, I am not happy about what has taken place. If you are going to go to this extreme you better have your facts in order. However, there have been many instances in the past because of a few individuals that have affected Gallatin in favor of Station Camp. When boosters can pay rent for families to move to play for SC and players can at a whim get eligible at SC but sit out a year at Gallatin, things can get ugly. I could careless about wins and losses it has to do with doing the right thing on BOTH sides. I know teachers and coaches at both schools. Good people that I consider friends. This situation got out of hand and proper channels were not gone through first. The prevailing thought is, well this will make them think twice, while it looks bad on the whole community. Gallatin lost to Station Camp. Not gonna change. I have supported Gallatin and will continue but I will say this was a bad decision. From what I have heard, this was NOT a Mark Williams led decision so for everyone who wants to blame the coach first, you may be wrong. Neither side is completely innocent and you know I am right.

I guess what it all really comes down to is the current regime in Gallatin is continually looking outward to place blame for the current state of their program (constantly accusing SC of wrong doing, calls from the administration to JP2 complaining of coaches attending games) when the focus needs to be turned inward and a little soul searching done. It is falling apart and regardless of what anyone thinks, I believe it to be sad. I hate to see programs struggle, but sometimes you just have to look in the mirror and say what are we doing wrong.

Edited by eers

3 of the 31 8th graders who played for Rucker are going to SC.

Two things to say about that number.

1) if only three players are going to SC, can Gallatin really say that SC is taking their athletes.

2) given the current landscape, I wouldn't be surprised to see that number change and a few defecting elsewhere. Perhaps to JP2?