11A and 12A basketball

BDizzle

Looks like MTP and CA will battle for top spot.. Richland looses at SFe then SFe looses to Hampshire, Richland beats Hampshire bad so who knows after the top 2.. After seeing Cwood earlier and MTP I would say Cwood is the favorite in this region.. Have not seen CA.. Cwood has all the pieces to make a run to the boro.. Their team reminds me of Richland last year. Balance all over the floor someone else can hurt u every night..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like MTP and CA will battle for top spot.. Richland looses at SFe then SFe looses to Hampshire, Richland beats Hampshire bad so who knows after the top 2.. After seeing Cwood earlier and MTP I would say Cwood is the favorite in this region.. Have not seen CA.. Cwood has all the pieces to make a run to the boro.. Their team reminds me of Richland last year. Balance all over the floor someone else can hurt u every night..

Cwood on top in D12 with Stown & WC (WC+1) battling for #2 spot, Loretto at #4 with PC & FH battling for last place.

Here is how D11 & D12 compare so far this year.

Cwood over Richland & SF

Stown over Richland

Richand over Loretto

MTP over WC 

CA over FH

FH over Hampshire

Looks like D12 over D11 as of mid season.  Cwood battles MTP soon and should be a good game.

Cwood on top in D12 with Stown & WC (WC+1) battling for #2 spot, Loretto at #4 with PC & FH battling for last place.

Here is how D11 & D12 compare so far this year.

Cwood over Richland & SF

Stown over Richland

Richand over Loretto

MTP over WC 

CA over FH

FH over Hampshire

Looks like D12 over D11 as of mid season.  Cwood battles MTP soon and should be a good game.

I agree with the cwood on top but the rest is any body's guess.  Any one of the others could win on any given night.  It will depend on who improves the most before the district games start.  Loretto looks good at times and terrible at times.  They have not played but 8 games this year and need a lot more games.  Definitely a work in progress for the Mustangs.

• 2 weeks later...

Opinions anyone.. Stown seems to be heating up and Cwood escapes Richland by there chinny chin chin.. Really good game.. Richland gave them all they wanted Sat nite.. So on a given night Richland could surprise a team or 2 come tourney time.. Haven't heard a chirp from any CA fans and the Ca Richland game is postponed according to a player so still have to wait on seeing how they matchup with the Raiders..

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I'm talking to myself.. Have to posts on 12a just to see any comments on D11... Looks like CA and MTP are gonna be tied for first with Richland in 3rd and who knows 456 a tossup with 2 or 3 games left!! Where is region this year?? Is WC that good or everyone else in 12 that bad.. I know Richland lost at Stown but took care of Loretto.. Just curious I know Richland isn't very good either but just trying to get handle on this region.. Still I say Cwood wins region over CA.. But in High school Bball u never know.. Last year Richland had to hit a 3 at buzzer to advance in region Qtr final.. Then made it all way to final 4 and shoulda coulda made it to finals and won it.

• 2 weeks later...

Coin flip in 11 for first MTP and CA.. Richland 3rd Santa Fe and cornersville 4&5 Hampshire 6 cully 7th.. The raiders were in it with 3 min to go but turned it over a couple times that helped CA win on fri.. Can't wait til tourney should be fun.. Go raiders.. Think Richland plays at Loretto on Tuesday region foe possibly..

Seriously, A coin flip?

It should go:

1. District Record

2. Overall Record (amount of losses-unfortunately this may allow people that played cupcakes move forward, but better than a coin flip)

3. Playoff Game (even if they only played like a half)

4. Sudden death Free throw post playoff game if it tied.

5. Coin Flip[/quote

I agree with everything u said other than #2.. Overall has nothing to do with district.. But a coin flip isn't the way to do it

Seriously, A coin flip?

It should go:

1. District Record

2. Overall Record (amount of losses-unfortunately this may allow people that played cupcakes move forward, but better than a coin flip)

3. Playoff Game (even if they only played like a half)

4. Sudden death Free throw post playoff game if it tied.

5. Coin Flip[/quote

I agree with everything u said other than #2.. Overall has nothing to do with district.. But a coin flip isn't the way to do it

the fact is the overall record is the 2nd most logical/economical way of doing it, although not necessarily the BEST way of doing it.