BULLDOGS @ LANDERS

BDF36

I know that Cloudland beat Hampton early in the pre season, in a scrimmage but I believe Hampton has improved significantly. They will miss L J but Mr. Jones and Mr. Ford has stepped up a bunch. I think the best thing they have done in years is put little Mike over the defense. He has turned their defense around a lot already. I believe Hampton will win the game because of defense but no one gives them credit for defense yet.

I know that Cloudland beat Hampton early in the pre season, in a scrimmage but I believe Hampton has improved significantly. They will miss L J but Mr. Jones and Mr. Ford has stepped up a bunch. I think the best thing they have done in years is put little Mike over the defense. He has turned their defense around a lot already. I believe Hampton will win the game because of defense but no one gives them credit for defense yet.

We've missed you this year. Hope you've been doing well. I hope this game can be like this every year. Its just like old times

Mcclain stepped it up big time last week, 38 rushes for 242 yards. The d has improved also. Think we have a dandy Friday night.

I'll try to be a little more serious this week. :) Lets talk about key matchups in the line.  I know Hampton has a monster named Boo who can match up with anyone on our line.  Other than that, I don't know much about the dogs line.  Where does Boo line up on offense?  We counter with our 2 down studs, Asley Haynes and Ethan Lusk.  Both are very aggressive up front and they've not been whipped at all on the defensive front.  We also have a very good defensive end named Alex Heaton and of course Carnett.  I'm wondering if Robinson plays blocking back.  If so it could be a real battle when his assignment is to block Carnett.  Nobody has been able to block Carnett this year.  This is unbiased talk here.  Hampton is blocking people better than Cloudland is right now.  They are not playing any better than the Landers defensively but they are executing on offense and looking pretty explosive.  It seems that Cloudland does just enough to win.  I don't think they have showed their true hand yet.  They are going to be doing things on offense this week that Hampton cannot prepare for because they have not seen it.  Execution depends on the boys on the field.  It will be interesting to see who will be covering Ford.  This kid seems to be the one reeking the most havoc on defenses.  If Cloudland can contain Ford and bottle up McClain, then I feel the Landers will have a chance to win.  I don't know if we can block the bulldogs.  Thats a big ? in my mind.  We have farted around on the offensive line for several weeks now.  We're going to have to do better or may not even score Friday night.  This is unbiased talk from the king.  If we don't utilize our weapons and put the bulk of the load on Austin and Colby,  we will lose Friday night.  Its time to start making defenses pay for keying on our QB and TB. 

dogbreath:: Lil Mike has done a GREAT job with the D...Better containment than Ive seen from a Hampton team in long time..It's took a lil while to get there, but we're there...I talk to Jr often about the D and the progress that it's made...We have a lil tackling work to do, IMO, but it's all good.

Pujo, BDF: To say McClain has stepped up is almost an understatement...He's a beast that can run, block and catch...His success has made it possible for Robinson, Pearson and others to make big plays on O and D!

KING: The match up between Robinson and Carnett will not be for the weak stomached...These two are MEN and both have the desire to dominate instilled in them...Good home life will do that for ya.

As for Ford, he can flat out play...But his big plays come because we do utlize the other weapons we have and he's hard to cover one-on-one...91, Im NOT saying Cloudland cant contain him, but there are a few others that have to be accounted for at the same time...At this time, seems our QB is pretty good at finding the open man or making an opening.

We will have to play hard and smart all night to stop Whitehead and the Landers...Will be interesting to see if Cloudland uses the other weapons we all know they have....I dont expect Cloudland nor Hampton to play a game that any recognize...Question is, who'll execute their game plan better?

Im a fan of Carnett, Benefield and others...I expect a dang hard-played football game...And after it's over on the field, I expect it to be over amongst the fans also!!! All this talk about childish activity in the stands (around women and children) is for beasts and rabid animals and has no place in HS sports...Some really need to GROW UP....PERIOD

Butchie: Thanks for the private message, I knew you were a die-hard DOGS FAN B)

• Upvote 1

Great points guys! That's better than the Star or even ESPN on College football! Lol! Its only Monday and I'm already tore up! I know the weather up in Roan town is never predictable but I seen on Channel 5 this morn that there is a 50¢ worth of Rain Friday! That could be big and make it harder on players and coaches! Btw I hope that wasn't pointing at me about the childish activity in the stands! Cawz I never mentioned anything like that! I just know how people and parents get! Heck I'm a father too!