Elizabethton (8-1) @ South (9-0)

EHSTrack06

I'll take my chances with the opinion of a guy who just played against South. If what he said is true, the game could be decided in the trenches. If South's line really is as small as he said EHS should do fine on the line. He played both teams (South and EHS) and said EHS was a lot tougher game than South. I think the biggest concern is the secondary which has given up some big plays.

Also the 9-0 record is nice but lets compare it. EHS was within 1 foot of being 9-0 as well. Looking at Non-Conference EHS has TN High. Boone, Crockett, Science Hill(With no injuries) vs South's TN High, Boone, Cherokee, Gate City. (Scores not withstanding as they have proven nothing really) Outside of common opponents we have Science Hill(6A) and Crockett(5A) vs Gate City(2A) and Cherokee(5A).

EHS lost close to SH(5 pts) and Blew out DC

South won close against Cherokee(1 pt) and Blew out GC.

I don't really know where I was going with this really(I had a point but it got lost in my researching the teams). But the teams are about as even as it could get. I predicited us to lose to Science Hill so I'm not really 100% bias as I call it like I see it but I definitely could see EHS winning this one by 2 scores.  

South names the score. They'll stop at 42-21

So when has South blown out a team that was comparable to EHS?

Edited by EHSTrack06

EHS06, you are going to have to use another source than your Johnson County friend. He didn't have the score right, thought our biggest lineman was 6-1/185 (somehow overlooking 6-4/290 Cody Shipley and several other fair size players). There were several starters that did not play at all plus South substituted freely during the Johnson County game due to the fact that we expect to have our hands full with Elizabethton and the 2nd and 3rd stringers probably won't see as much playing time as normal during the final regular season game.

lol Seriously? You're gonna use the Jamboree as a measuring stick? I'm goin to go out on a limb and say you're probably the only South fan that posts here that believes South will name the score

Poppa isn't a South fan and I don't think any South fans would throw that out there. Looking forward to a hard fought game. I don't care what the margin is, both teams will know they've been in a football game when it is over.

1st: Head to head? Starters vs Starters? Yeah.

2nd: Did you really just say "LOL"?

1: I doubt anyone is gonna back you up on using the Jamboree as a reference point

2. Why the heck does it matter what I say?

EHS06, you are going to have to use another source than your Johnson County friend. He didn't have the score right, thought our biggest lineman was 6-1/185 (somehow overlooking 6-4/290 Cody Shipley and several other fair size players). There were several starters that did not play at all plus South substituted freely during the Johnson County game due to the fact that we expect to have our hands full with Elizabethton and the 2nd and 3rd stringers probably won't see as much playing time as normal during the final regular season game.

You're probably right Reb. I forgot about the rest of the starters as did he more than likely because from where you guys Subbed a lot and didn't have to rely on the starters much. Either way, I don't think it'll be a blowout like a number of South fans believe, I also don't believe EHS will steam roll South either like some EHS fans believe. I think 2 scores for EHS or South could be the margin between the 2 teams.

Edited by EHSTrack06