Elizabethton (8-1) @ South (9-0)

EHSTrack06

Seriously poppa your going bring up a jamboree from 11 weeks ago? Both teams are totally different now. South has the edge in passing and EHS has the edge in rushing. Both can score fast and often. Both defend very well although EHS has been weak at times on pass defense! This game will be a gut check for both as they have been playing cupcakes the last couple weeks! Let's hope for a clean and safe game and hope it's 4 quarters of tight football with good refs! My prediction is 31-28!

Not sure who has 31 or who has 28 but time will tell! Good luck to both teams cause god knows we have no chance against the great and powerful Greeneville! Haha I said it before they did

Seriously poppa your going bring up a jamboree from 11 weeks ago? Both teams are totally different now. South has the edge in passing and EHS has the edge in rushing. Both can score fast and often. Both defend very well although EHS has been weak at times on pass defense! This game will be a gut check for both as they have been playing cupcakes the last couple weeks! Let's hope for a clean and safe game and hope it's 4 quarters of tight football with good refs! My prediction is 31-28!

Not sure who has 31 or who has 28 but time will tell! Good luck to both teams cause god knows we have no chance against the great and powerful Greeneville! Haha I said it before they did

Way to go out there on a limb with that prediction.

Not all of them, just a couple of them.  I was able to make it to the Science Hill game for Elizabethton and the Daniel Boone game for Sullivan South.  I was able to make it to one common opponent for both teams in both of their games vs. North.  I also know nobody wants to give it any credit, but I also did see South score 21 points in the first 6 minutes of the jamboree on Elizabethton's starters.  You can take that how you want, but no matter what the prep time for that may be, a team doesn't score 21 on a first team defense in 6 minutes without being physically superior to them.  Oh, and Thomas did play in that one as well.  It's not like South came out throwing double passes and screening them to death either.  I believe the first play was a short seam route down the middle for about 75 yards.  No one came close.  I'll take South's better ball players and quarter back over Elizabethton.

Okay, Well that is your opinion I respect it and Disagree.  Plus As far as the jamboree you can use it for a measuring stick if you wish. However, I would not expect to see anything like that. I just do not see how a defense that allowed The kid from Johnson co. to rush for 160+ to stop Thomas. Even if they did it would take the entire defense and then to many others would gladly take the role of the scorer. It in my opinion will be a good game. I so not wish to post what I believe the score to be because I think I am at this point still have a favorite lol. In noway is that aknock at the Johnson Co kid he is a good back. Just using him as a reference.

Plus I truly believe Elizabethton has way more talent then anyone wishes to give them. In my opinion there is not a kid on the team that can not step up and make a difference in any game. The line is tremendous, QB's either can beat you via ground or air. The receivers defensively I feel the same. That is what makes it so great. Make someone else beat you they simply are waiting to do it. 

I do not know the kids from South I am sure they are just as talented and Great kids also. If they were not we would not be having this discussion. All i can make my predictions by is numbers which do not matter. Wins which in reality don't matter. So I have come to the conclusion. We will all know the result Friday night.

I also know I could not be more proud of the cyclone players, coaches, community.  

Edited by Woodby30

Two great organizations gonna be one HECK of a game. I just hope that South gets a good belated welcome to 3RC by committee. I don't believe that's been truly extended yet this season, had to happen sooner or later. My vote is sooner because it's goning to be a great ball game and atmosphere.

Ha, South could not stop Thomas last year when he was a sophomore, what makes you people think that they can stop him this year when he is a year older and up to 225lbs of solid muscle. South has speed? Take a look at Thomas, Glover, Turner, Bailey, Armstrong, Woodby, Olds, and Jones. I'd put them toe to toe with any speed on South's team.

Not all of them, just a couple of them.  I was able to make it to the Science Hill game for Elizabethton and the Daniel Boone game for Sullivan South.  I was able to make it to one common opponent for both teams in both of their games vs. North.  I also know nobody wants to give it any credit, but I also did see South score 21 points in the first 6 minutes of the jamboree on Elizabethton's starters.  You can take that how you want, but no matter what the prep time for that may be, a team doesn't score 21 on a first team defense in 6 minutes without being physically superior to them.  Oh, and Thomas did play in that one as well.  It's not like South came out throwing double passes and screening them to death either.  I believe the first play was a short seam route down the middle for about 75 yards.  No one came close.  I'll take South's better ball players and quarter back over Elizabethton.

just count on that jamboree score...and you will be surprised to know that the night before Elizabethton played Gate City for over 3 hours and the backs that were in defending the pass had never play a down in a varsity game until that night. They have played 9 now.