2A Quad 4 after Week 9

ReitzFan

Here is how I now see Class 2A Quad 4 shaking out after week 9.  There are two scenarios with a couple of variables.

Should Huntingdon defeat Dresden, Quad 4 will probably look like this.........

1           TCA

2            Mitchell

3            Adamsville

4            Hillcrest

5            Trenton

6             Halls

If Trenton Peabody finishes second in their district, they will be a 4 seed and Hillcrest will fall to a 5 seed.

Should Dresden beat Huntingdon

1           TCA

2           Mitchell

3           Huntingdon

4           Hillcrest

5           Trenton

6            Halls

Again, Peabody and Hillcrest will flipflop should Peabody finish second in their district.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. 

I'll take Huntingdon in Quad 3... But regardless of either Quad It will be hard. Really tight Quads. 3 or 4.

But Dresden is in the same Quad with Union City so Dresden season will come down to that game. And down means

...Goes Down.

And this is why they play the game...... Dresden is looking forward to seeing UC again. It could be the end of our season but our kids want another shot at them.

Well my morning is shot

I didn't know that about the district runner ups getting the higher seed; makes sense though I wish the tssaa would update the projections page to include that in its seeding instead of a note that says they will make the change at the end of the year.

Here is the quick version as to how the quads are seeded.

First, all district champions assigned to a given quad are seeded.

Second, all district runner ups assigned to a given quad are seeded.

Third, all wild card entries assigned to a given quad are seeded.

Halls should gain entry as a wild card entrant.  That means that they would be seeded after all the district winners and runner ups are seeded. 

As Class 2A will only have 24 teams in the playoffs, each quad will have 6 teams.

The first and second seeded teams get a first round bye.

In the first round, #4 hosts #5...........and #3 hosts #6

In the second round #1 hosts winner of 4v5.......and #2 hosts winner of 3v6.

In the third round the highest remaining seed hosts.

If Huntingdon defeats Dresden, that gives the Mustangs the district championship.  Should that happen, I see the TSSAA putting Huntigdon in quad 3 so that quad will have a district champion in it.  Otherwise, that quad will have all district runnerups and wildcards. 

but the tssaa does not place a team in a quad just so it has a district champion in it.  They will place them east to west and how they fall is how they fall.  What is interesting though is that they have Adamsville and Huntingdon listed with the exact same longitude.  It should leave them plenty of room for doing whatever they like lol.  Quad 4 is a murders row but don't take too lightly the teams in quad 3 there are some pretty good teams in middle Tennessee that will fill that quad

During the radio show  this morning the Huntingdon Coaches got a call from the grown ups telling them that a win against Dresden would put Huntingdon in Quad 3.  something about they needed a district winner in Quad 3. 

if you listen to their videos on how they place teams into quads they explain that they only look at what teams in each of the natural quadrants have qualified.  They fill up quad 1 first and then slide to the west.  They also talk about a historical grouping which they explained Memphis teams historically play teams up to the Kentucky border.  Also, TSSAA playoff committee is not going to be calling radio shows and telling a team they will be in a certain quad.  They have left plenty of room for them to do what they want in regards to Adamsville and Huntingdon but if you watch their video it leans towards Huntingdon going to quad 4.  We will know for sure after next weekend.  Let me type slowly for you slower readers:  WINNING A DISTRICT HAS NO BEARING ON YOUR QUAD PLACEMENT

but the tssaa does not place a team in a quad just so it has a district champion in it.  They will place them east to west and how they fall is how they fall.  What is interesting though is that they have Adamsville and Huntingdon listed with the exact same longitude.  It should leave them plenty of room for doing whatever they like lol.  Quad 4 is a murders row but don't take too lightly the teams in quad 3 there are some pretty good teams in middle Tennessee that will fill that quad

It is true that the TSSAA does not place teams in a quad just to have a champion in them.  However, with Huntingdon and Adamsville having the same longitude number, It does give them the "wiggle room" to do just that without having to really admit to it.  Should Huntingdon win its district, it would be "best for business" that my scenario happen.  Otherwise, quad 4 would have three of its six positions filled by district champions.  Should Dresden win over Huntingdon, it will be a pick em as to which team (Huntingdon or Adamsville) gets sent to quad 4.