Silverdale @ Boyd Buc

reaction

Passionate post that will we can all see play out in front of eyes this Friday because these two teams play. It is always a question on do you play a tough schedule to prepare or a soft schedule for confidence, so is the dilema for all coaches. Silverdale is a good football team no matter their schedule and I believe we are a good team no matter our record, so I will or ever bash kids for playing hard at the high school level.

The only question I have for you is how does a team you called mediocore for this argument beat a team you called decent by 27 when you want to prove the Seahawks a good team?

please hear me sir, i am not trying to prove silverdale, or anybody for that matter is a good team. i am just saying that this schedule comparison stuff is bunk. don't you think #1 and his fellow seniors would feel better about themselves and their season entering friday night 9-0 or 8-1, rather than where they are? especially with the way they have won through the years? silverdale is in no worse shape, or boyd in no better shape for playoffs regardless of WHO they have played. and please don't tell me that boyd had to play their schedule because those were the only teams they could schedule. that would be an even bigger load of bunk. their schedule has much more to do with the "bravado" of the coaching staff than who would play them.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please hear me sir, i am not trying to prove silverdale, or anybody for that matter is a good team. i am just saying that this schedule comparison stuff is bunk. don't you think #1 and his fellow seniors would feel better about themselves and their season entering friday night 9-0 or 8-1, rather than where they are? especially with the way they have won through the years? silverdale is in no worse shape, or boyd in no better shape for playoffs regardless of WHO they have played. and please don't tell me that boyd had to play their schedule because those were the only teams they could schedule. that would be an even bigger load of bunk. their schedule has much more to do with the "bravado" of the coaching staff than who would play them.

The seniors along with the rest of the team of course would feel better if they were 8-1, but they have kept their heads up this whole time and haven't quit which is a testament to their character. With all the bashing people have done to them saying its a bad team and that they are going to get thumped in this game, they have just gone to work everyday and tried to get better. I know everyone thinks we are a two man team in #1 and #3, but even those kids will tell you that we have alot of talented players who are just learning to play at this level and that we will give it our best this Friday!!

As far as the schedule, coach said its hard for him to get people to play us so we have to play who comes down the pike for us and he is a very good man so I have no reason not to believe him.

GO BUCS!!!!

Edited by skydogg25

The seniors along with the rest of the team of course would feel better if they were 8-1, but they have kept their heads up this whole time and haven't quit which is a testament to their character. With all the bashing people have done to them saying its a bad team and that they are going to get thumped in this game, they have just gone to work everyday and tried to get better. I know everyone thinks we are a two man team in #1 and #3, but even those kids will tell you that we have alot of talented players who are just learning to play at this level and that we will give it our best this Friday!!

As far as the schedule, coach said its hard for him to get people to play us so we have to play who comes down the pike for us and he is a very good man so I have no reason not to believe him.

GO BUCS!!!!

i agree with you that boyd is a gritty team that very well may win friday. i also agree that the "experts" on this board are in no position to call a team good or bad based on how they played. boyd has many fine athletes who are capable of playing lights out on any particular friday. i am saying that these same aforementioned "experts" are in no position to judge teams based on WHO they play, when, in this district all you have to do to make playoffs is beat two teams that in many years is not that tough to do.

i agree with you that boyd is a gritty team that very well may win friday. i also agree that the "experts" on this board are in no position to call a team good or bad based on how they played. boyd has many fine athletes who are capable of playing lights out on any particular friday. i am saying that these same aforementioned "experts" are in no position to judge teams based on WHO they play, when, in this district all you have to do to make playoffs is beat two teams that in many years is not that tough to do.

agree!! Its just sad when our local paper says it :rolleyes: