BA versus Ensworth

baylorbigdog1976

Last game of the year at Brentwood Academy. A heated rivalry that has been all Ensworth as of llate. If there is one game all the players at BA and Ensworth mark on their calendars this is it. I have not heard a report on ferby or if any of BA's injured players have healed. Should be a great atmosphere for football Friday night

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

BA always has a chance to beat Ensworth. Last time was 2009 at Ensworth I believe. Since then Ensworth has dominated. The 2010 playoff game was lost in the last 1:30. Ricky out foxed Ralph that night. So if Coach Cody and BA's coaching staff comes in confident and not intimidated this will be a close game. It's the old saying "turnovers will decide this game". Something the coaches cannot control.

Ensworth 28 BA 21

Ensworth can be beaten, but you need the stars to align properly. You need EHS to be a little off their game. A cold, rainy night with a slick field might slow them down a little bit (if Ensowrth runs wild, cutting at will on your new field...well, you probably won't appreciate the irony). You will also need to play your very best game. Shakin's observation re turnovers is dead on. The same applies to penalties. Ensworth has sufficient talent to beat pretty much anyone; they don't need your help. 

And even then, it might not be enough.

BA 21, Ensworth 20

ok WC - you've picked against BA almost every game and they have been coming thru lately - at least. So now i'm really nervous.  With you picking them they may be doomed. Is this a calculated ploy on your part to jinx 'em?  C'mon - you're using reverse psych here arent you? You really to say E 21 BA 20. C'mon admit it

This just made me really uncomfortable but I am not staying home Friday night ... Williamson county

Great moments are born from great opportunity. These BA kids were born to be football players. Every one of them. This is their time. Ensworth's time is done. It's over. I'm tired of hearing about what a great football team Coach Bowers has. BA Nation, this is your time.

Now go out there and take it.

Great moments are born from great opportunity. These BA kids were born to be football players. Every one of them. This is their time. Ensworth's time is done. It's over. I'm tired of hearing about what a great football team Coach Bowers has. BA Nation, this is your time.

Isn't this a version of Vince Lombardi's quote prior to Super Bowl I? Replace BA with Green Bay, Ensworth with Kansas City and Coach Bowers with Coach Stram.

By the way Green Bay won.

Edited by shakinthefat

Great moments are born from great opportunity. These BA kids were born to be football players. Every one of them. This is their time. Ensworth's time is done. It's over. I'm tired of hearing about what a great football team Coach Bowers has. BA Nation, this is your time.

thank you coach brooks

I am so very intrigued by Friday's game. It will expose both teams' weaknesses and give both squads a chance to leverage their strengths against top-notch competition.

To me, one major key will be BA's ability to run the football. If the Eagles can move the ball between the tackles against Ensworth's stellar defensive front, they can suck the safeties in and have some success in play-action. If BA is forced to throw the football almost exclusively, Ensworth's pass rush and secondary are talented enough to make life difficult. Tyler Swafford leads the top passing offense in Division II, and its success has hinged on its ability to keep opponents on their heels and block well downfield on short throws.

I expect the Tigers to stick to their typical modus operandi -- pounding the football relentlessly, trying to wear down BA's defense and popping some play-action home-run shots when the Eagles least expect it. It sounds pretty simple, but tell that to every other coach and player in DII.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my expectation that this will be a close, low-scoring game. No prediction here except to say that the more physical, mistake-free team will win. 

Edited by WesVLT