BA versus Ensworth

baylorbigdog1976

I am so very intrigued by Friday's game. It will expose both teams' weaknesses and give both squads a chance to leverage their strengths against top-notch competition.

To me, one major key will be BA's ability to run the football. If the Eagles can move the ball between the tackles against Ensworth's stellar defensive front, they can suck the safeties in and have some success in play-action. If BA is forced to throw the football almost exclusively, Ensworth's pass rush and secondary are talented enough to make life difficult. Tyler Swafford leads the top passing offense in Division II, and its success has hinged on its ability to keep opponents on their heels and block well downfield on short throws.

I expect the Tigers to stick to their typical modus operandi -- pounding the football relentlessly, trying to wear down BA's defense and popping some play-action home-run shots when the Eagles least expect it. It sounds pretty simple, but tell that to every other coach and player in DII.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my expectation that this will be a close, low-scoring game. No prediction here except to say that the more physical, mistake-free team will win. 

I agree BA needs to move the ball on the ground with their 3 backs. Between the 3 they have the speed and strength to give the Ensworth's D-line some problems on the edge and inside, between the tackles.  

• Upvote 1

It could have been worse ... Ensworth's only td came on a turnover deep in BAs territory and they really only moved the ball on BAs defense once all game. I am sure the stats will look very one sided ...BAs strength all year ( defense against the run ) stacked up well against Ensworth's run offense. They just could not get anything going on the ground. Nothing ... BA also intercepted Ensworth 4 times and dropped a pass for a touchdown. Score could have very well been 45-3 but thats football ... Ensworth had a lot of dropped passes and there were some serious hits on the field tonight ... Exciting game. Have alot of respect for what the tigers have accomplished on the field but BA played perhaps their best game of the last 3 years tonight

G

Not particularly surprised by BA winning, based on what I saw last week, but the score is indeed mind boggling....

Congrats to the Eagles on shooting "the monkey" and winning the #3 seed outright.....plus letting the air out of the Ensworth bubble....now everybody can breathe again....

Edited by baylorbigdog1976