TSSAA's Decision to put the Girls State Soccer Tourney @ Richard Siegel

Booger

...here we are on the cusp of kicking off the 2013 TN Girls High School State Soccer Tournament @ Richard Siegel Soccer Complex in Murfreesboro and I am wondering about my seat arrangements at the soccer field when I get there. Yep; TSSAA botched the stew out of this one. Booger is OK with the City location, but the venue choice to me; just stinks like skunk for this big of event. Yes, Yes yes; I am very glad to have the opportunity to be there. Not my point!

There was a time not to long ago, when you could pay for your pass and expect to have stadium seating to help formulate a plan for a good view down on the field. The crowds can be expected to be larger than our normal select or rec soccer tournaments........Do we sit, kneel stand?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the layout for the park, it doesn't appear that there are stands for fields 3 and 5, which is apparently where the girls will be playing.  In fact, according to the website, those fields arent even 11v11 size.  I wonder if they have changed the layout for the tournament?  But I am with you, there ought to be a lot of parents and support at the games, much more than a rec or select tournament, you would think they would have ample space on the sidelines for said support.  Please keep us informed when you get there!

I am biased, but I am going to miss being able to sit in the same seat, in a stadium with stands, and watch four games, one right after another, in one day. I get wanting to have a later start for the games, but this isn't a select tournament with 150 teams crammed in.  These girls deserve a bigger stage.

For the boys tournament in the Spring.  They had some stands (seating for around 100-150) arranged at the center of each field.  It's certianly not enough for everyone that showed up for the later games.  Games are right beside each other allowing you to watch two games at the same time.

The fields are actually full size, but can also be altered to smaller fields for younger players.  The fields as of last week were in great shape so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Chances are they'll have relined them and the smaller field lines won't even be noticeable.

I'm not sure if they plan on using the stadium,  but it will easily accomodate a few thousand Irish fans.  Hopefully for all the girl's they do the championship games on the stadium field.

If given the opportunity at the tournament, I plan on asking the rationale around the multiple games at the same time within the same division. This happened in Chattanooga, too, across divisions though. I imagine the answer will be that they didn't want 11 AM or 7 PM games. Games could have started at 1 pm though to at least reduce overlap. I am probably too purist in this thought but I also think the contests should be held at high schools, not a club complex.

If given the opportunity at the tournament, I plan on asking the rationale around the multiple games at the same time within the same division. This happened in Chattanooga, too, across divisions though. I imagine the answer will be that they didn't want 11 AM or 7 PM games. Games could have started at 1 pm though to at least reduce overlap. I am probably too purist in this thought but I also think the contests should be held at high schools, not a club complex.

The problem with the high school location was that I think it was an unfair advantage to the home team.  CCS had their entire school get out to watch their game (A/AA was hosted there).  Richard Siegel at least makes it a neutral site.

The problem with the high school location was that I think it was an unfair advantage to the home team.  CCS had their entire school get out to watch their game (A/AA was hosted there).  Richard Siegel at least makes it a neutral site.

I never understood having CCS host A/AA either. Problem is easily solved by having a rule that a high school cannot host their own division.

As an aside, CCS destroyed their beautiful soccer field with a fake turf monstrosity. Football wins again.

I was just there for the Bash in the Boro tournament and the fields are in excellent shape.  There are many fields big enough for the tournament.

I personally liked having the state tournament there instead of spread out around the city.

BigG; as I said in the beginning post...I don't have a problem at all with the tournament being centrally located in a place like Murfreesboro... my biggest issue is with the seating arrangements that the fans will have to deal with...if TSSAA does have portable bleachers moved in ( and I hope they do), there want be enough....at least that is my pessimistic approach to it....I like being up higher in that stadium style seating arrangement so I can look down from above (just me)...Booger has about had his full of standing behind a 20 to 30 yd row (double that because of the opponents fans) of Volunteer Orange and camoflauge walmart camping chairs...

...secondly; why they truly arranged the game times like they did boggles me. Like CC mentioned; to schedule those games w/in the same division at the same time is not to my liking either...Can't wait for CC to back an official into a corner and get that answer :angry: . I do not want the other team in my division backed up to me in a set of portable bleachers disturbing my ME time.

...if I want to watch full games; I have an option to watch 2, and 2 only in a day. Ridiculous!! My meds want let me watch 2 at the same time :blink: .

...we shall see; an optimist can see it differently than Booger

Hey, my hometown has two exceptionally nice playing fields....! :o Obviously we will not be playing on either at this time of year, so I'm sure I can get the backing of area leaders....!  Beautiful Fall colors and enough hotel space for several teams, might be just the ticket for hosting. :roflol:

Hey, you gotta love my sense of irony (humor, stupidity, wit).....!  I'm sure one of you guys can easily come up with another adjective. :thumb: We even have a celebrated Mexican Resturant!

Kazzy