TSSAA error in 6A standings?

ErikG

On this week's 6A statewide playoff standings Southwind is shown to have 6 teams on its schedule .500 or better (criteria no. 2), 3 wins over those .500-or-better teams (criteria no. 3), 48 wins by its opposition (criteria no. 4), 42 losses by its opposition (criteria no. 5), and 22 wins by the opponents it defeated (criteria no. 6). It looks to me that those numbers should be 5 for criteria 2, 2 for criteria 3, 47 for criteria 4, 43 for criteria 5, and 21 for criteria 6.

The out-of-state team on Southwind's schedule, Byhalia, MS, is 3-5 having apparently cancelled a game with Eupora, MS ( http://www.webstercountyschools.org/subsite/ehs/page/varsity-football-243 ). Byhalia's schedule can be viewed here: http://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/byhalia-indians-(byhalia,ms)/football/schedule.htm .

The .500-or-better teams on Southwind's schedule ( http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=471&sportid=1&seasonid=203 ) include Memphis East, Trezevant, Germantown, Houston & Collierville. Ridgeway has a good opportunity to get to .500 on Thursday but isn't there yet. Of these teams Southwind has victories over Germantown and Houston. 

The win totals on Coach T match those on the TSSAA's site. Am I missing something? Or are we about to have another embarrassing episode for the TSSAA if these seemingly incorrect numbers affect seeding or even which teams qualify?

Last year they didn't know, or didn't pay close enough attention to correctly apply, their own rules in the Cleveland/Sullivan South debacle. That rule -- if a team played more than 10 games, only the first 10 counted toward the ranking process -- was changed this year. Afterall, it wasn't their oversight, it was the rule's fault. Now it's all games played through the TSSAA's week 10 that are applied to the rankings.  

Even if they don't consider out-of-state opponents until the regular season has concluded, I don't see how that would explain the discrepancy I'm seeing in the numbers. And if you look in the TSSAA's playoff standings at other schools' numbers that have played winning, out-of-state teams, those games seem to be represented. But, again, I don't see how it applies here, because Southwind isn't being "shorted" an opponent's data but is seemingly getting bonus figures that can't be accounted for.

But maybe I'm overlooking something really obvious.