Gibbs @ Campbell County 1st round

Mav4life

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to pick Gibbs in this one, but I just don't know. CC was lucky to beat them the first time, so you'd think that CC would come out a lot better prepared the second time around. Of course it's also tough to beat a team twice in the same season.

If Gibbs can ball-control them, like they are capable of, and play defense like they've been playing, you never know.

It was the week after we beat OR that we played them.  Team was flat the first half.  Had a 14 point lead and Gbbs scored late.  I wouldn't say we where lucky to beat them.

What a bad break for CC in the draws. First they get a district foe, who they should beat. Then, they have to go to West most likely. Just doesn't seem fair for the 4th ranked team in the state to have to travel in second round. I honestly think we'd been better off losing to Powell, and dropping to a four seed. But u don't know these things, and just try and win all the games u can. Our quad has the 2,3,4 ranked teams in the state, ouch!!!!! Early predictions for me is West playing Henry co. Somewhere down the line.

What a bad break for CC in the draws. First they get a district foe, who they should beat. Then, they have to go to West most likely. Just doesn't seem fair for the 4th ranked team in the state to have to travel in second round. I honestly think we'd been better off losing to Powell, and dropping to a four seed. But u don't know these things, and just try and win all the games u can. Our quad has the 2,3,4 ranked teams in the state, ouch!!!!! Early predictions for me is West playing Henry co. Somewhere down the line.

From what I am looking at, even with a loss to Powell I believe you would have still been the 3 seed at 8-2.

The Cougar offense was very efficient vs Gibbs, it scored 28 points on 38 plays with the D scoring the other TD. The only defense Gibbs was able to use effectively was their offense possessing the ball and running over 70 plays. The nature of the option leads to turnovers, Gibbs won't have to punt much in games but will put it on the ground. Gibbs only bad loss was to Clinton, who also loves to throw in around. So they struggle against the pass.

Overall, with how they're playing and the fact that 4 of their losses are to teams who finished 34-6, this is a very tough opener for a 9-1 #3 seed to have to face. They appear to be far better than David Crockett, whom West landed. So if the Cougars win, they'll have had to face a far tougher opponent than West, who'll probably be resting starters in the second quarter.

One thing to keep an eye on, Jeffers, the QB for CC, injured his ankle vs Powell. He was pretty hobbled after the game Friday night.

I think its safe to say West wins that one big...West will have that one put away before the second qtr starts.

Well, West maybe the favorite to win this thing, but they've been the favorite before. They have never won a state title with all the talent they've had over the years. So, if CC plays them, it'll be a battle of two teams that have never won a state title, and CC shouldn't be intimidated by them. Just saying