Round 1 Jackson North Side @ Covington rematch

CHARGERFAN

Regular season meeting ended up Covington 41 Northside 19.

This duplicate matchup is also in Covington. How is it different this time around?

Covington has slipped some, losing to Brighton and Dyer County, and barely getting by vs. Ripley and Bolton. But, the Chargers got it back on track at JCM in week 10.

With both Foster and Norfolk healthy at running back, and with TJ Smith moving up from the freshman squad to the varsity, the offense is at peak performance again. The defense did give up 3 scores to JCM, so that is of some concern.

How much has JNS improved? At 8-2, they had a very successful regular season.

Sonny Moore has Covington only 3 points ahead, plus 3 for home field. Chargers by 6 sounds about right to me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

north side is playing anything but good football right now...teams are giving games away to them...a lack of a run game is going to be their demise in the postseason

this meeting could and should be worse than the 1st

covington headed to dyersburg in week 2...

How is their passing game by now? Chargers gave up 2 passing TD's to JCM Friday nite.

north side is playing anything but good football right now...teams are giving games away to them...a lack of a run game is going to be their demise in the postseason

this meeting could and should be worse than the 1st

covington headed to dyersburg in week 2...

I thought you were a Liberty person? You can't dictate North Side's  running game by just going to one NS game. NS ran the ball solid against Haywood and South Gibson.

How is their passing game by now? Chargers gave up 2 passing TD's to JCM Friday nite.

very solid...not a lot of deep threats but good route runners that know how to get open...my personal opinion...if ur guys know that NS cant run the ball...then a 1 dimensional offense is easy to stop

I thought you were a Liberty person? You can't dictate North Side's  running game by just going to one NS game. NS ran the ball solid against Haywood and South Gibson.

i am Believe...and ive seen haywood and south gibson...and theyre both sorry...from all accounts...NS should have lost both games and thats just sad...NS should have blown both teams off the field with size and speed...and both games came down to the final possession and appartenly a few flags

covingtons D is set up to stop the run...NS D did well against our rush attack for 2 quarters...then u lost ur big boy up front and that apparently has destroyed the indian D line

if NS ran the ball so well...why were those games close Believe...south gibson is half ur size with no speed at all and Haywood has no D at all and cant run the ball to save their life

fill us in pls

very solid...not a lot of deep threats but good route runners that know how to get open...my personal opinion...if ur guys know that NS cant run the ball...then a 1 dimensional offense is easy to stop

i am Believe...and ive seen haywood and south gibson...and theyre both sorry...from all accounts...NS should have lost both games and thats just sad...NS should have blown both teams off the field with size and speed...and both games came down to the final possession and appartenly a few flags

covingtons D is set up to stop the run...NS D did well against our rush attack for 2 quarters...then u lost ur big boy up front and that apparently has destroyed the indian D line

if NS ran the ball so well...why were those games close Believe...south gibson is half ur size with no speed at all and Haywood has no D at all and cant run the ball to save their life

fill us in pls

With SGC I get what you are saying. SGC played  their hearts out and we played terrible. We will all admit that,  luckily, our speed won the game and South Gibson gave up. Now with Haywood, the game was close, Haywood defense stop NS at the right time. North Side went into the red zone every possession and went for it on 4th down, and they stopped us. If it wasn't for that block that setup the 2 unsportsmanlike penalties, we would've and should've lost that game, which would sent us to Dyersburg and not Covington. 

Now our big boy lineman is an offensive lineman only, not defensive. He is done for the year

With SGC I get what you are saying. SGC played  their hearts out and we played terrible. We will all admit that,  luckily, our speed won the game and South Gibson gave up. Now with Haywood, the game was close, Haywood defense stop NS at the right time. North Side went into the red zone every possession and went for it on 4th down, and they stopped us. If it wasn't for that block that setup the 2 unsportsmanlike penalties, we would've and should've lost that game, which would sent us to Dyersburg and not Covington. 

Now our big boy lineman is an offensive lineman only, not defensive. He is done for the year

why didnt u kick??? u have a good kicker!!!

and i thought he was playin D when he broke his leg at liberty

why didnt u kick??? u have a good kicker!!!

and i thought he was playin D when he broke his leg at liberty

When we went for 4th down it was 4th & 1 or 4th & 2 and one of those 4th downs was 4th and goal at the 1 yard line. Our kicker did made a 27 yard field goal, his longest I believe is 39 at Covington. Tried a 41 yarder against JCM, but missed it.

And when that player got hurt, NS was on offense and they turned the ball over around midfield and Liberty went all the way to the NS red zone and he got hurt back at midfield.