Cookeville vs. Sevier County

ripzip11

http://www.themountainpress.com/sports/highschool/x533459318/Speed-records-fall-at-Bears-combine

This article says 15 players under 4.7 with a 4.38,4.45,4.4 the bears are fast enough to beat maryville just not man enough too small up front and at line backer. Maryville will smoke everybody they are just on a different level. SC is probably in the top 5 in the state behind oakland maryville and whatever memphis has got. This is a good bears squad and will be better next year and the year after that. Only a handful of seniors on this team

GoBears!!!

My bad, didn't realize that the Sevier County newspaper said it... It definitely must be true...hey it is on the internet so it has to be... Don't kid yourself! If you believe that nonsense then I got 1918 Honus Wagner cigarette card I got out of a box of Wheaties that I will sell ya. Beckett says it is worth thousands...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess you guys will just have to wait until Friday night to see just how fast we are.  And by the way, we had like 10 starters out against Maryville.  We would NOT have beaten Maryville if we had all of our starters and Maryville was missing 10 starters but I do think the game would have been a little more respectable.  I think if we would have been at full force, Maryville would have won like 42-21 or something.  It would have still been a beating but not quite as bad of a beating. Anyway, I would like for you to come on this thread when the game is over and honestly say that we are not the fastest team you have played all year.  I mean no disrespect but there are not many teams that play the style of ball we do which is why the only two teams we have lost to in the past 3 years is Maryville and Dobyns-Bennett (which has two freshman playing quite a bit at UT right now.)

I have seen Da Smokey Bears and I ain't impressed... You all very well might play in the worst district in TN...nobody on your football team runs a 4.38....10 starters out for each in the Maryville game? Then I guess Maryville just keeps on ticking and SC continues to not be very good in the future... Just an opinion tho

For starters every team in D1 football will have at least 15 players in the 4.5 range or better. Does Sevier County have that many? NO. But they are probably are the 2nd fastest team in East Ten. Fulton is faster. Every year for the past 7, 4 football players have made up the state qualifying 4x100 and 4x200 teams. And every year have made the finals in at least one if not both. That is not a coincidence. In all fairness they have probably 7-9 guys that are handheld and in track spikes 4.5s or faster. Willing to bet that is still more than 95% of TN. But they are a football TEAM with well below average line on both sides. That is the missing link and will be for next couple of years.

For starters every team in D1 football will have at least 15 players in the 4.5 range or better. Does Sevier County have that many? NO. But they are probably are the 2nd fastest team in East Ten. Fulton is faster. Every year for the past 7, 4 football players have made up the state qualifying 4x100 and 4x200 teams. And every year have made the finals in at least one if not both. That is not a coincidence. In all fairness they have probably 7-9 guys that are handheld and in track spikes 4.5s or faster. Willing to bet that is still more than 95% of TN. But they are a football TEAM with well below average line on both sides. That is the missing link and will be for next couple of years.

Watch the NFL combine and see how many of those guys actually run a 4.5 or better. Not many and very few ever beat 4.5.  That number is thrown around a lot but it is a real achievement in my book if a guy actually is that fast.  I would say most top 25 teams at the D1 level have 15 guys that run 4.5s but most D1 teams do not have 15.

Watch the NFL combine and see how many of those guys actually run a 4.5 or better. Not many and very few ever beat 4.5. That number is thrown around a lot but it is a real achievement in my book if a guy actually is that fast. I would say most top 25 teams at the D1 level have 15 guys that run 4.5s but most D1 teams do not have 15.

I like you 45... These idiots truly have a false sense of reality

welllll, this thread got out of hand quickly... 

Anyway, if you guys are anywhere near a top 5 team in the state, you will have no problem at all with my Cavaliers.  Sadly, it is just not a good team this year.  They do have a couple of Rb's that are players but no line to block for them.   One or 2 decent receivers but the QB hasn't been very accurate (although can throw a mile).  Defense is pretty vanilla.  Pretty good for the Upper Cumberland but not against top caliber teams.  

erell38, I am guessing you have never seen us play, but I especially guess you have not seen us play this year.  If so, what game? And 45, pioneer said that the 4.5's were hand held time and the NFL combine is electronic time., which by the way, the 2013 NFL combine had 97 guys run in the 4.5's or faster.  I think 97 is a fairly high number for electronic timing and you said that a 4.5 hand held is more like a 4.7-4.8 electronic time.  The NFL combine had over 200 run 4.8 or faster in just the 2013 combine.  So you are saying that it is impossible for a high school kid to run 4.5 hand held time. 

Like I said, come to the game and then honestly say that this is not the fastest high school team you have played this year, or last year, or the year before that.  Remember, you did not play Fulton.

erell38, I am guessing you have never seen us play, but I especially guess you have not seen us play this year. If so, what game? And 45, pioneer said that the 4.5's were hand held time and the NFL combine is electronic time., which by the way, the 2013 NFL combine had 97 guys run in the 4.5's or faster. I think 97 is a fairly high number for electronic timing and you said that a 4.5 hand held is more like a 4.7-4.8 electronic time. The NFL combine had over 200 run 4.8 or faster in just the 2013 combine. So you are saying that it is impossible for a high school kid to run 4.5 hand held time.

Like I said, come to the game and then honestly say that this is not the fastest high school team you have played this year, or last year, or the year before that. Remember, you did not play Fulton.

Ummmm... Look here Ripper...call it like I see it...you play in the weakest district in AAA... That speed worked wonders against Maryville... And they had 10 starters out

I am not arguing that SC district is weak, but T$$AA controls that, which is why Coach Brewer went out a picked up Bearden (who is usually good), Dobyns-Bennett (who is always good), and Maryville (who we all know about).  Not many teams would take that kind of an out of conference chance with the playoffs the way they are now.  And for the record, SC is the team that had 10 starters out, I was just saying that SC would not have beaten Maryville fully loaded and Maryville having 10 starters out.  It is called reading comprehension, you know reading and being able to understand what you just read.  Try it sometime.

erell38, I am guessing you have never seen us play, but I especially guess you have not seen us play this year.  If so, what game? And 45, pioneer said that the 4.5's were hand held time and the NFL combine is electronic time., which by the way, the 2013 NFL combine had 97 guys run in the 4.5's or faster.  I think 97 is a fairly high number for electronic timing and you said that a 4.5 hand held is more like a 4.7-4.8 electronic time.  The NFL combine had over 200 run 4.8 or faster in just the 2013 combine.  So you are saying that it is impossible for a high school kid to run 4.5 hand held time. 

Like I said, come to the game and then honestly say that this is not the fastest high school team you have played this year, or last year, or the year before that.  Remember, you did not play Fulton.

Congratulations on having 10 - 15% of the 2018 NFL combine's 4.5ers on one high school team.  I'm sorry to hear that electronic watches must run faster than a hand held watches. I guess that makes a difference.  A 4.5 is a 4.5 and guess what??  YOU DO NOT HAVE 10 4.5 KIDS!!!

Edited by 45forty

I am not arguing that SC district is weak, but T$$AA controls that, which is why Coach Brewer went out a picked up Bearden (who is usually good), Dobyns-Bennett (who is always good), and Maryville (who we all know about). Not many teams would take that kind of an out of conference chance with the playoffs the way they are now. And for the record, SC is the team that had 10 starters out, I was just saying that SC would not have beaten Maryville fully loaded and Maryville having 10 starters out. It is called reading comprehension, you know reading and being able to understand what you just read. Try it sometime.

I assure you Ripper, I comprehend very well and you sir need to comprehend how big of an idiot you make yourself look with your false claims of world class speed running rampant on this SC squad.. Just an opinion tho...

Edited by erell38