6 seed CAK travels to 3 seed GP

harley04

This is not a slam dunk win for CAK.  Have seen G-P on a couple of occassions.  Only got to see CAK once.  Drastic difference in mentallity.  G-P really stuggles against the pass.  CAK is good not great with the passing game this year.  G-P is extremely physical.  CAK not so physical.  I think this will be a really good 3A game.  It all depends on who can control the game with their strength.  I believe CAK will be able to pass at will, but I do not believe they can slow down the G-P running game.  CAK must be prepared for the big tailback, but the real weapon is #86, do not kick him the ball, quick as a hiccup.  All this said CAK scores late to get the win.  35-31

I agree GP is very physical they avg. about 3 turnover a game they are losing only 3 starters. CAK passing game is a challenge, it could be a run away but GP Defense is stout. Yes loss to Carter 49-42 and Fulton but its not a slam dunk GP will control the clock 3 turnovers and its a GP win.

Kinda sad to see Alcoee fans carrying the CAKe torch.

I hope that the guys that so fervently supported CAKe have not abandoned the cause.

That would be sad considering the heck we put you through to this point.

SHOW ME YOUR GOLD!!!

FYI I see you guys lurking...

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

I agree GP is very physical they avg. about 3 turnover a game they are losing only 3 starters. CAK passing game is a challenge, it could be a run away but GP Defense is stout. Yes loss to Carter 49-42 and Fulton but its not a slam dunk GP will control the clock 3 turnovers and its a GP win.

CAK will score quick and often! Bombs away!

sheep1.gif  A lot of challenges in this game for CAK. I have said from the beginning that if they could do just enough to get into the playoffs with that tough schedule, they might be able to make a little noise. CRB has to do a good job (as he did this past week) with play calling and not put too much on a freshman QB. (A very talented freshman but a freshman never the less) and it sounds like the GP running game will be a challenge. I'd like to hear a little about the GP QB and receivers. Is GP a dual threat or pretty much a run team?

Edited by Govolsknox

Kinda sad to see Alcoee fans carrying the CAKe torch.

I hope that the guys that so fervently supported CAKe have not abandoned the cause.

That would be sad considering the heck we put you through to this point.

SHOW ME YOUR GOLD!!!

FYI I see you guys lurking...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and we sure do appreciate you carrying our Cup CAKs for us.   :D   I do miss those days of cup cakes and corn dogs...ha.  I'm not as connected as I was when my little minnie me was suiting up and playing on Friday nights so I don't have as much to say. But it has been tough to watch our guys struggle this year after such a good run.  I think they are figuring things out a little bit here towards the end of the season and hopefully they can be get a win against a good GP team. I'm sure the coaches will have a winning game plan, now if the guys can just execute it and not shoot ourselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties!  GO WARRIORS.

It'll come down to which defense can get a stop at some point in the game.  CAK will look like Doc Holiday slingin bullets all over the field, and GP will do its best bulldozer impersonation with its running game.  Should be entertaining!  That being said, I thing the Highlanders will pull out a CLOSE one in the Mountain Thicket!  Good luck to both teams!

sheep1.gif  A lot of challenges in this game for CAK. I have said from the beginning that if they could do just enough to get into the playoffs with that tough schedule, they might be able to make a little noise. CRB has to do a good job (as he did this past week) with play calling and not put too much on a freshman QB. (A very talented freshman but a freshman never the less) and it sounds like the GP running game will be a challenge. I'd like to hear a little about the GP QB and receivers. Is GP a dual threat or pretty much a run team?

QB is a senior has a little over 1000 passing,His father a GP coach has been grooming him for this since he was  a toddler. He throws a nice ball when allowed. CAK Def. will dictate what coaching staff at GP does on offense. He can throw in the pocket or on the run. 1st round Fri. Night at Hammonds Stadium will be electric we love football, and this should be a great 1st round game.

QB is a senior has a little over 1000 passing,His father a GP coach has been grooming him for this since he was  a toddler. He throws a nice ball when allowed. CAK Def. will dictate what coaching staff at GP does on offense. He can throw in the pocket or on the run. 1st round Fri. Night at Hammonds Stadium will be electric we love football, and this should be a great 1st round game.

I'm sure the CAK staff will try to make GP throw the ball.  It appears GP's bread and butter all year has been pounding the ball with the big RB, so it makes since for the Warriors to try and make them do more of what they have done least...which is pass the ball.  At least that's what I would expect.  Both teams should put points on the board and this one could become a shoot out.  It will be interesting to see how GP chooses to defend the CAK offense.  Last week Kingston went into a 3-4 and stayed in it for most of the game, despite CAK's willingness to forego the pass and simply hand it off to the RB, who had 3-4 rushing TD's.  CAK had prefer to throw the ball no doubt because that is what we like to do, unless of course you have a 3 man front and we can get 5+ yards a pop running between the tackles.  This is certainly not one of CAK's stronger teams coming into the playoffs, but the Warriors style of football is capable of creating havoc for teams that aren't accustom to playing against them unless the opponent just has completely superior players across the board.  I'll take CAK in the upset, no score prediction.  Hope it is an exciting, clean contest.  At least it will be "cleaner" than the last time we visited GP when it was still a natural grass field and the game turned into the "mud bowl", ha...

Edited by FootballDad

Seen a lot of good mud bowls last 25 yrs, was at CAK mud bowl. The field is beautiful, the fans are crazy. Its 1st round with the warriors can it get any better, never hurts to leave 15 mins early traffic is unpredictable. I've been pulling for CAK it was good too see someone dethrone Alcoa. Bring a Jacket its gonna get chilly in the mountain thicket. 

Seen a lot of good mud bowls last 25 yrs, was at CAK mud bowl. The field is beautiful, the fans are crazy. Its 1st round with the warriors can it get any better, never hurts to leave 15 mins early traffic is unpredictable. I've been pulling for CAK it was good too see someone dethrone Alcoa. Bring a Jacket its gonna get chilly in the mountain thicket.

We're back..........:)