2013 TN Girls Soccer in Review & Expectations for 2014

Booger

Ladies & Gentlemen, and the rest of you; the beautiful sport of girl's high school Soccer (futbol, football, cujo; yadayadayada) in the ole' Volunteer state has climaxed and crowned her Victors for the 2013 season.....at least for the sake of competition; not the preperation of (at least for some of us)

We and our daughters, know it all to well...."The pain of defeat and the joy of victory"......Yes; some experience one of those emotions more than others (so is life).....even the mother or father whose daughter/daughters have moved on now and have been left w/ nothing to do but coach, put on  cute little uniforms (that comes w/ flags and whistles) or the pure fan who spends your spare moments trying to convince another you have all the solutions to a game w/ PERFECT PARODY :huh:

PASSION! Booger likes him sum PASSION. Booger, has grown to luv this time of year and the time he gets to spend on CoachT. Thank you CoachT :thumb:

What are your thoughts on the 2013 season (surprises and disappointments) and what you see for 2014?  

Since there is no chance of the TSSAA completely splitting private and public schools, my guess is the 2014 state tournament will consist of KC, CAK, ND, CCS, CPA, and Jackon Christian. The other two spots will be toss ups for magent schools  (Hume-Fogg, Liberty, Madison) and maybe a public school could slide in and upset some one to get to Murfreesboro like a White House the year before or Fairview this year.

Thanks, Boog for your insight and wisdom during this awesome fall season!  I look forward to another great year of futbol next year!  I have one that is graduating this year and has played her last high school game but (thanks to her hard work and passion through the years) will play at the next level next year!  I am also blessed to have a freshman that should enjoy another 3 years of exciting High School ball!!  I soooo enjoy this forum and thanks to all who participate!

Thanks, Boog for your insight and wisdom during this awesome fall season!  I look forward to another great year of futbol next year!  I have one that is graduating this year and has played her last high school game but (thanks to her hard work and passion through the years) will play at the next level next year!  I am also blessed to have a freshman that should enjoy another 3 years of exciting High School ball!!  I soooo enjoy this forum and thanks to all who participate!

Where is she off to next season? Congrats!

D

Congrats! I had a breather this year but have an 8th grader ready to make the jump. I'm looking forward to being a supportive parent again and to putting my green goggles back on.

I am fortunate to have another year of cheering on my daughter. Love all the soccer talk on here it can get a little rough finding soccer conversations with the general public. Fortunately that seems to change every year as the sport becomes more and more popular in Athens due to the addition of a club soccer program and great facilities. On the negative side McMinn loses a few Sr girls that played quality time for McMinn and the godfather of soccer in Athens just walked his last daughter thru hi school. (10 consecutive years plus 4 = 14 yrs probably more). He had a profound affect on soccer in Athens, most people will never know. Hats off to you brother we will miss you..! On the positive side Next year the MCHS players will have 9 Sr's girls that all will play D1 competitive in the spring and several college commitments to play post HS and with everyone else moving up an age and a bench that is as deep as MVM's pocket it should be exciting.

Ravenwood will win AAA due to having possibly the best player in the history of the state. If you haven't heard of Karlie Paschall you will. It appears she was called up from the u14 WNT to the U15 WNT. She led Ravenwood to the AAA as a freshman.

BTW I have talked with an East Ridge club coach and he too expressed frustration over the state of club soccer in Chattanooga. As a resident of Mid TN it's just as goofy here but TSC is so large it's hard not to produce good talent. The other clubs in Mid TN can provide great training but just don't have the comparable numbers of quality players.

Look for two and possibly 3 teams from Mid TN to make the National tournament this year.