Predictions on 3A State Championship

BigDave67

The key phrase in your response is' "I'd be willing to bet". Thus, you have admitted that you don't know and that you are willing to make accusations without knowing what the facts are.

While, I have not tracked this year the grades at which the CPA players joined the school, I did track last year's players and the grade of entry for the starting 22 positions on the team (as it seems that this baseless accusation gets thrown out quite a bit around playoff time). Using the starting lineup for the Milan semifinal game, all 22 positions were filled by players that were at CPA by the 6th grade. All but one player, was at CPA in elementary school. 

Great Post

I will agree that this is unusual for any high school athletic team to have all their varsity starters in the school by 6th grade. In fact, I "would be willing to bet" that even White House has some starting players today that were not at the school (or feeder school) by the 6th grade. Families move and kids transfer all the time. However, for you to make the statement that CPA "recruits all over middle Tennessee and Southern Ky" is wrong and without any basis in facts and is easily shown to be false.

You can and should root for any county team that you choose. I'm also rooting for the 6A county school that I went to growing up, however, I would hope that you would root for your team for the right reasons and not root against teams due to your unfounded bias and baseless prejudices.

I agree with you but everybody has to admit that every private school has an advantage over any county school.

That is what the 1.8 multiplier is suppose to correct (which by the way is the highest private multiplier in the nation).

I agree that CPA has an advantage. I even think that they should be in DII. But I think if you moved every private school to DII, then the private schools will probably just bolt the TSSAA and form their own league. Being a product of public schools and a big fan of the public schools, I think that the biggest loser in this scenario would be the public schools.

That is what the 1.8 multiplier is suppose to correct (which by the way is the highest private multiplier in the nation).

I agree that CPA has an advantage. I even think that they should be in DII. But I think if you moved every private school to DII, then the private schools will probably just bolt the TSSAA and form their own league. Being a product of public schools and a big fan of the public schools, I think that the biggest loser in this scenario would be the public schools.

if the privates and open zones are that shallow and selfish then let them bolt. they can have their own little wfl and usfl. publics will continue to play fair competitive football

I agree with you but everybody has to admit that every private school has an advantage over any county school.

What do you feel is the fair solution?

Put all privates in same division. How about putting all county schools regardless of size in the same division? Let's go even more In depth and add a state championship for small and large county schools, city schools, city schools with open enrollment, city with strict zone. What about a kid who lives in the city who decides o go to the county school? What do we do there? Once we get his sorted out, then you can complain about the poor kid who is a great football player who lives in Macon Cty who decides he doesn't want to play for Red Boiling Springs or Macon Cty HS and decides to have mom and dad rent a duplex over in Trousdale Cty. Does this count as recruiting because TC has a great program? Well if someone in TC happens to tell the parent of the kid n MC about how great TC is in football at the local Kroger, then is this recruiting? If you say no, best check the TSSAA rulebook. What do we do here? Does TC then go to private for recruiting?

Don't take this the wrong way because it's just my opinion and you have your opinion but if you admit that privates have an advantage do you really think that multiplier rule helps the small county schools? Come playoff time, privates should play privates!

What do you feel is the fair solution?

Put all privates in same division. How about putting all county schools regardless of size in the same division? Let's go even more In depth and add a state championship for small and large county schools, city schools, city schools with open enrollment, city with strict zone. What about a kid who lives in the city who decides o go to the county school? What do we do there? Once we get his sorted out, then you can complain about the poor kid who is a great football player who lives in Macon Cty who decides he doesn't want to play for Red Boiling Springs or Macon Cty HS and decides to have mom and dad rent a duplex over in Trousdale Cty. Does this count as recruiting because TC has a great program? Well if someone in TC happens to tell the parent of the kid n MC about how great TC is in football at the local Kroger, then is this recruiting? If you say no, best check the TSSAA rulebook. What do we do here? Does TC then go to private for recruiting?

It's really not that complicated! Public plays public and privates play privates come playoff time!

It's really not that complicated! Public plays public and privates play privates come playoff time!

Alltime

My guess, and you can correct me if i'm wrong, but I assume that the reason you feel privates have an advantage over county schools is (1) privates have no assigned "zone", if you live out of zone, you can still go there and (2) privates "recruit". (Please refer to my previous post, per TSSAA, recruiting is broader than just giving a kid part or whole tuition assistance to attend).

You say its not that complicated, but what do you do when your county school plays an open zoned Alcoa or Greenville or Mitchell?  They are public, correct? Is this fair?

if the privates and open zones are that shallow and selfish then let them bolt. they can have their own little wfl and usfl. publics will continue to play fair competitive football

So if the publics kick out the privates, it is the privates that are shallow and selfish? Hmmmm. I think you are projecting here.

Alltime

My guess, and you can correct me if i'm wrong, but I assume that the reason you feel privates have an advantage over county schools is (1) privates have no assigned "zone", if you live out of zone, you can still go there and (2) privates "recruit". (Please refer to my previous post, per TSSAA, recruiting is broader than just giving a kid part or whole tuition assistance to attend).

You say its not that complicated, but what do you do when your county school plays an open zoned Alcoa or Greenville or Mitchell?  They are public, correct? Is this fair?

My opinion on this isn't just based on football my friend, it's all sports!