Lake County travels to Humboldt

JungleJim125

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all....what an exciting game for Humboldt and Trenton to end the season with! Great job to both teams. I would make the following observation. If Humboldt stays in the power I with Watson and James blocking for McLilly, Humboldt will win the state. Much has been made about the spread and Montague being so good, but when the team was down 21 points Friday, they reverted to the style of offense that has been run at Humboldt over the past three years and saw huge success. They just ran out of time on the comeback. Koffman is young, but a better QB than Montague. Montague should play wideout and leave McLilly in the backfield. 

The last time Humboldt played Lake county, it was UGLY. LC turned the ball over so many times that I lost count. With that said, Humboldt has turned the ball over in crucial situations all year. If you were a fan last year, you would know that Humboldt beat LC last year by turning and handing the ball to McLilly and running playaction passes. McLilly ran for nearly 400 yards and Agnew caught a short post and ran it for about 60 for a TD. I would love to see us stay with that style of POWER football. It eats the clock and shortens the game. Two years ago, Humboldt mixed the POWER sets with the spread and also was able to make it work. With McLilly back, we may want to have a multiple attack. I remember McLilly's brother, Wedley, Brooks and multiple others lining up in the wildcat. This is an easy way to get the ball into all of your speed guys' hands. We would then go to the power I with Wedley and Wilson blocking for Moody. It clicked. I see the same talent here. 

Montague went out in the 3rd quarter Friday night. The further we move into the playoffs, the more hits he will take in the spread. Cannot count on him to make every play.

Just my opinion.

First of all....what an exciting game for Humboldt and Trenton to end the season with! Great job to both teams. I would make the following observation. If Humboldt stays in the power I with Watson and James blocking for McLilly, Humboldt will win the state. Much has been made about the spread and Montague being so good, but when the team was down 21 points Friday, they reverted to the style of offense that has been run at Humboldt over the past three years and saw huge success. They just ran out of time on the comeback. Koffman is young, but a better QB than Montague. Montague should play wideout and leave McLilly in the backfield. 

The last time Humboldt played Lake county, it was UGLY. LC turned the ball over so many times that I lost count. With that said, Humboldt has turned the ball over in crucial situations all year. If you were a fan last year, you would know that Humboldt beat LC last year by turning and handing the ball to McLilly and running playaction passes. McLilly ran for nearly 400 yards and Agnew caught a short post and ran it for about 60 for a TD. I would love to see us stay with that style of POWER football. It eats the clock and shortens the game. Two years ago, Humboldt mixed the POWER sets with the spread and also was able to make it work. With McLilly back, we may want to have a multiple attack. I remember McLilly's brother, Wedley, Brooks and multiple others lining up in the wildcat. This is an easy way to get the ball into all of your speed guys' hands. We would then go to the power I with Wedley and Wilson blocking for Moody. It clicked. I see the same talent here. 

Montague went out in the 3rd quarter Friday night. The further we move into the playoffs, the more hits he will take in the spread. Cannot count on him to make every play.

Just my opinion.

You may have a point but imo but the main thing for Humboldt is showing up 48 minutes not 24 minutes. They can not spot good football teams 2 and 3 td's and make a deep run in the playoffs!

Just my opinion.

Whatever works, this team needs to decide this week whether they want to play football or not, they have the talent all about executing & playing with emotions for four quarters! I agree utilize all your weapons were the defense just can't stack the box!! Hoping the Vikings come out & play Friday night!!!

Just my opinion.

McLilly is a stud no doubt. LC will come to play and hopefully Humboldt will not get 7 turnovers this time. LC will give Humboldt all they want with or without McLilly. The falcons are a very focused bunch right now. The question is Humboldt focused. I expect a very good game.