Hampton dogs 2013

tootiedwc

Awork in progress, but the football boys will help a ton as it goes along. It'll take a little time to gel and play as one. Size would be my biggest worry,

Round Ball..... it's fun and a good way to kill sometime betwixt football seasons. We wont be bad this year, We are still District 1's only competition in District 2 come region tourny time. I don't know that we can win the region this year but we should be competitive with yall. Lost a close one to Unaka in OT at Unaka last week. How do you think the Rangers stack up with the rest of your district this season?

Round Ball..... it's fun and a good way to kill sometime betwixt football seasons. We wont be bad this year, We are still District 1's only competition in District 2 come region tourny time. I don't know that we can win the region this year but we should be competitive with yall. Lost a close one to Unaka in OT at Unaka last week. How do you think the Rangers stack up with the rest of your district this season?

I think our region will be a tossup again this season, Unaka, Cloudland Hampton and UH should be the teams standing at the end. I'm sure you guys will matchup fairly well. I'm just ready for some FOOTBALL.

I think our region will be a tossup again this season, Unaka, Cloudland Hampton and UH should be the teams standing at the end. I'm sure you guys will matchup fairly well. I'm just ready for some FOOTBALL.

Our district is so bad!!! We beefed the nondistrict schedule up again this year. Opened with OZ , Unaka , GP and have several more tough nondistrict games. Hancock wont be awful but I dont think they will threaten anyone. I'm still in Football mode too , although I can enjoy a good BBALL game.  Where u watching playoff games this fri? I watched SC destroy Science hill last week ..didnt see that one coming.I will  Probably go watch SC and Maryville this fri.

Edited by old24eagle

Awork in progress, but the football boys will help a ton as it goes along. It'll take a little time to gel and play as one. Size would be my biggest worry,

True...Hopefully our D will negate the other team's post players...Gotta make it hard, on teams with bigs, getting the ball past half court....

Pujo, oldeagle: Kinda stinks that we're already on the BB thread <_<

Our district is so bad!!! We beefed the nondistrict schedule up again this year. Opened with OZ , Unaka , GP and have several more tough nondistrict games. Hancock wont be awful but I dont think they will threaten anyone. I'm still in Football mode too , although I can enjoy a good BBALL game.  Where u watching playoff games this fri? I watched SC destroy Science hill last week ..didnt see that one coming.I will  Probably go watch SC and Maryville this fri.

Fulton and Greenville is the game to watch.

True...Hopefully our D will negate the other team's post players...Gotta make it hard, on teams with bigs, getting the ball past half court....

Pujo, oldeagle: Kinda stinks that we're already on the BB thread <_<

Hampton should get much better in the next few years. Alot of good young talent and we'll  have some size. I'm thinking the whole region is going to be somewhat down this year.

Elizabethton upsets Science Hill last night? What happened?

Been thinking....One thing that happened was Coach Honeycutt! Yea, that ole Hampton boy knows the game and knows how to coach....Was a dark day when he left H-Town and headed down the road.

Come to think of it, EHS has benefitted from "Hampton know how" for decades now....And having Honeycutt insures they will be a top notch program again...and for a very long time....If the KNOW IT ALLS will leave him alone and let him coach!

Been thinking....One thing that happened was Coach Honeycutt! Yea, that ole Hampton boy knows the game and knows how to coach....Was a dark day when he left H-Town and headed down the road.

Come to think of it, EHS has benefitted from "Hampton know how" for decades now....And having Honeycutt insures they will be a top notch program again...and for a very long time....If the KNOW IT ALLS will leave him alone and let him coach!

Great post and I go to church with him and his family and they are great people.He is a heck of a coach.

Elizabethton upsets Science Hill last night? What happened?

Elizabethton has a solid team this year. They've got themselves a good coach too. I doubt you'll find many SH fans that are too surprised by last night's loss. This is a "down year" so to speak for The Hill. Without question, it is the least talented/least experienced Toppers team in the last 10-15 years, maybe longer. I believe they have 1 starter that returned from last year. They have 4-5 other kids on the team that were on the Varsity team last year but have virtually no Varsity experience. It's going to be a rollercoaster for SH basketball fans this year. Just look at the talent/experience they lost from last year's team:

CJ Good-Graduated

Will Adams-Graduated

Reed Hayes-Graduated

Patrick Good-Transferred(Would have started this year)

Brendan Coleman-Transferred(Would have started this year)

Xavier Driver-Out for the Season with a torn ACL(Would have started this year)

I'm not trying to take away anything from the Cyclones win but this is not the typical SH team this year.

Cloudland will struggle this year poor choice for a replacement, Harrison doesn't have a clue, there will be no discipline the kids think he's a joke.i look for hampton to win the conference,south greene may come in and make some noise

That's garbage to write someone off before season even gets going. Doesn't have a clue? Joke? Sounds like a personal vendetta to me. Lay off and see what he can do...

Elizabethton has a solid team this year. They've got themselves a good coach too. I doubt you'll find many SH fans that are too surprised by last night's loss. This is a "down year" so to speak for The Hill. Without question, it is the least talented/least experienced Toppers team in the last 10-15 years, maybe longer. I believe they have 1 starter that returned from last year. They have 4-5 other kids on the team that were on the Varsity team last year but have virtually no Varsity experience. It's going to be a rollercoaster for SH basketball fans this year. Just look at the talent/experience they lost from last year's team:

CJ Good-Graduated

Will Adams-Graduated

Reed Hayes-Graduated

Patrick Good-Transferred(Would have started this year)

Brendan Coleman-Transferred(Would have started this year)

Xavier Driver-Out for the Season with a torn ACL(Would have started this year)

I'm not trying to take away anything from the Cyclones win but this is not the typical SH team this year.

You are correct... SHHS is down quiet a bit.

Great post and I go to church with him and his family and they are great people.He is a heck of a coach.

Lawnman, I just hope EHS realizes what they have in him!

My 1st boy played his freshman year under him...That group of boys learned A LOT from Honeycutt and loved playing for him....Honeycutt was a very good guard and knows how to teach the game...If a kid has drive and heart, he'll make a player out of him...I think highly of Coach Honeycutt, just hope we're ready when we head down to play the 'clones