Big Games in Memphis - Playoffs, Round 2 Games

kwc

There are 11 games for this weeks BGIM. The Big Games In Memphis Playoff Edition for the Round 2 games are as follows:

The November 15, 2013 Games:

Games at 7 p.m. Friday; seedings & win-loss records are in parentheses.

6A

Game 1: (4) White Station (7-4) at (1) Whitehaven (9-2)

Game 2: (7) Central (7-4) at (3) Southwind (8-3)

5A

Game 3: (5) East (9-2) at (1) Henry Co. (11-0)

Game 4: (6) Melrose (8-3) vs. (2) Ridgeway (6-5)

4A

Game 5: (5) Liberty (7-4) vs. (1) Trezevant (10-1)

2A

Game 6: (3) Mitchell (8-3) at (2) Huntingdon (8-2)

2-AA

Game 7: (4 W) CBHS (6-5) at (1 East/Mid) Ensworth (8-1)

Game 8: (3 East/Mid) Brentwood Academy (7-3) at (2 W) Briarcrest (4-6)

Game 9: (6 East/Mid) McCallie (4-7) at (1 W) MUS (8-2)

2-A

Game 10: (2 E/M D-1) Friendship Christian (9-2) at (1 W D-2) St. George’s (7-3)

Game 11: (2 E/M D-2) Franklin Road Aca. (6-5) at (1 W D-1) ECS (10-0)

Edited by kwc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6A

Game 1: (4) White Station (7-4) at (1) Whitehaven (9-2)

This game was a tough one for Whitehaven early in the season. A big 4th quarter helped Da Haven pull away. This is THE Premier Match Up of Quad 4... Whitehaven needs to play Ball Control football offensively and tough Whitehaven Brand Defense. If Whitehaven plays a Clean game they should win in a highly competitive contest.

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Game 2: (7) Central (7-4) at (3) Southwind (8-3)

I've been impressed with Memphis Central's size and scrappy-ness All season long! I think they move on in a tight one.

Central by 2

5A

Game 3: (5) East (9-2) at (1) Henry Co. (11-0)

Memphis East has to ride up to Paris, TN... I respect East and Coach Wimberly and his staff for what they have done this season (Beat US) but I think the end of the line will be in 'Merry Paris' (uses french accent)

Henry Co. by 7

Game 4: (6) Melrose (8-3) vs. (2) Ridgeway (6-5)

Conard and Co. will have their hands full with the Golden Wildcats' Dynamic Duo of #2 Johnson and #6 Sturghill, but the Roadrunners of Ridgeway will make just enough plays to send Melrose back to Orange Mound unhappy.

Ridgeway by 4

4A

Game 5: (5) Liberty (7-4) vs. (1) Trezevant (10-1)

Teli White's boys from North Memphis calling card is defense and I think that'll win the day.

Trezevant by 8

2A

Game 6: (3) Mitchell (8-3) at (2) Huntingdon (8-2)

A very interesting looking match up. I'm calling for the upset.

Mitchell by 6

2-AA

Game 7: (4 W) CBHS (6-5) at (1 East/Mid) Ensworth (8-1)

Ensworth is supposed to be THAT GOOD so I'll go with them.

Ensworth by 14

Game 8: (3 East/Mid) Brentwood Academy (7-3) at (2 W) Briarcrest (4-6)

Brentwood Academy beat Ensworth, who was supposed to be THAT GOOD, right?

Brentwood Academy by 21

Game 9: (6 East/Mid) McCallie (4-7) at (1 W) MUS (8-2)

Under .500 AND you have to drive about 5 hours from Chatt to da M...

MUS by 17

2-A

Game 10: (2 E/M D-1) Friendship Christian (9-2) at (1 W D-2) St. George’s (7-3)

St. George's by 3

Game 11: (2 E/M D-2) Franklin Road Aca. (6-5) at (1 W D-1) ECS (10-0)

ECS by 13

Game 9: (6 East/Mid) McCallie (4-7) at (1 W) MUS (8-2)

Under .500 AND you have to drive about 5 hours from Chatt to da M...

MUS by 17

Thanks for the vote of confidence (finally) but as usual I am disagreeing with you on the margin....

McCallie is the best 4-7 team you probably never have seen play.  They have played arguably the toughest schedule in the state.  They barely lost 3 games, by a total of 11 points,  to one of the top teams in KY (Bowling Green) and to 2 of the top teams in TN (MBA & Siegel).  I dare say they would beat most if not all of the 7-4 and 8-3 teams in the state.  With a group of sprinters off their track team, they have great team speed.  They are capable of beating MUS.

Having said that, I still think the home standing Owls win this one BUT by no more than 10 points IF McCallie's budding superstar 10th grader QB, JaVaughn Craig, plays and is close to 100%.  He left Friday night's game early with an injury of unknown severity yet they still found a way to win with their 3rd string QB, a converted receiver.  If Craig is healthy, it could be a shootout much like their 38-34 loss to MBA last week.

I hope my prediction is wrong.  Don't want to wear my pacemaker out.....

Edited by owlbooster

Lots of speed owlbooster

http://www.tssaa.org/2012Champions/StateTrack/DIIBFriday.htm

Thanks for the vote of confidence (finally) but as usual I am disagreeing with you on the margin....

McCallie is the best 4-7 team you probably never have seen play. They have played arguably the toughest schedule in the state. They barely lost 3 games, by a total of 11 points, to one of the top teams in KY (Bowling Green) and to 2 of the top teams in TN (MBA & Siegel). I dare say they would beat most if not all of the 7-4 and 8-3 teams in the state. With a group of sprinters off their track team, they have great team speed. They are capable of beating MUS.

Having said that, I still think the home standing Owls win this one BUT by no more than 10 points IF McCallie's budding superstar 10th grader QB, JaVaughn Craig, plays and is close to 100%. He left Friday night's game early with an injury of unknown severity yet they still found a way to win with their 3rd string QB, a converted receiver. If Craig is healthy, it could be a shootout much like their 38-34 loss to MBA last week.

I hope my prediction is wrong. Don't want to wear my pacemaker out.....

This is the first I've heard of the injuries cardsfan. Which two were injured?

Not sure of name or numbers but the first I believe to have been from the offensive line. Just before they stopped the game for medical to come across the field a lineman had hobbled off the field with what appeared to be an ankle injury. Before that ambulance left they were calling another for what must have been a broken arm from a safety. That guy appeared to be in a lot of pain. Game was halted for at least 15 mins with him down on the field.

Don't think these were key players, just wondered how they came out

Not sure of name or numbers but the first I believe to have been from the offensive line. Just before they stopped the game for medical to come across the field a lineman had hobbled off the field with what appeared to be an ankle injury. Before that ambulance left they were calling another for what must have been a broken arm from a safety. That guy appeared to be in a lot of pain. Game was halted for at least 15 mins with him down on the field.

Don't think these were key players, just wondered how they came out

Wow ... two ambulances in one game for the same team. Sounds like the Whitehaven vs Fairley game where we had our MLB tear his ACL then another LB get a concussion.

Maybe we can get a report from someone. Are there any Memphis Central folks on Coacht?

Edited by kwc

6A

Game 1: (1) Whitehaven (9-2)

Game 2: (3) Southwind (8-3)

5A

Game 3: (1) Henry Co. (11-0)

Game 4: (2) Ridgeway (6-5)

4A

Game 5: (1) Trezevant (10-1)

2A

Game 6: (2) Huntingdon (8-2)

2-AA

Game 7: (1 East/Mid) Ensworth (8-1)

Game 8: (3 East/Mid) Brentwood Academy (7-3)

Game 9: (1 W) MUS (8-2)

2-A

Game 10: (1 W D-2) St. George’s (7-3)

Game 11: (1 W D-1) ECS (10-0