District 3-AAA

SweetScience

Ok so I know this is a boys forum, but as a Halls Basketball fan, I'd like to apologize to the Ladies Cougars basketball team. You may not have won, but at least you deserved to play an OT period.

Missed the boys game thought it was gonna be a close one when they went into the locker rooms at the half. What happened in the 2nd half? That was my drive home and missed the call on the radio.

Gibbs at Halls tonight.

Edited by parfive00

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the CC/Halls game everything both coaches drew up/called worked to get open shots for their players.  Only difference was Halls kids knocked down tough shots & CC kids didn't, including FT's.  Both teams are really well coached and get the most out of their kids, glad we could pull away with the W though  :D

GO DEVILS

Real good game at CC last night. Won it on a final shot 3 pointer at the buzzer. Well officiated except the tee on Higgins. But he was kinda asking for it. Other than that, fun game with a huge crowd.

Here's a couple things I've seen know that I've seen all the teams play.

OR is clearly the dominant team in the district. I went to the OR/ Clinton game the other night and there was a skirmish at the end of the third quarter. Green immediately subbed five players in and they finished the game out with starters on the bench. All the subs did was, blow Clinton away. Clinton basically held the ball the final 3 minutes so OR wouldn't score 100.

My point is, OR's subs would finish second or third in the district this year.

Karns will get second but can get beat on any night, as evident to the one point win over halls who had there hands full with CC last game.

Teams 3-9 are as even as any time in the last 5-6 years. Gibbs may finish last but they beat Clinton, and Clinton beat CC, and CC beat AC, and AC beat Clinton, and Powell beat CC by 2, and AC beat central who lost to CC by one, etc....... U see my point after OR and karns?

OR average winning margin in district is like 35 points. Their real good, but our district is not that good, and I'm glad OR went out and played those tough out of district games because they need that to prepare for a run to state. I bet when they sit down to watch film to get ready for sub state and state, they won't breakout a 3AAA game to watch, because there's nothing there to learn from.