11 AA 2013-2014 predictions? Players to watch?

basketballjones

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly will be the team to beat in this district.They should easily handle everyone in this district. They had an impressive win tuesday night against east literature. Creekwood is too young with little size. Stewart will down again this year with some good young talent. Not sure bout hickman co. teams. Not trying to pump Waverly to much but teams in this district are playing for second place in my opinion.

Waverly will be the team to beat in this district.They should easily handle everyone in this district. They had an impressive win tuesday night against east literature. Creekwood is too young with little size. Stewart will down again this year with some good young talent. Not sure bout hickman co. teams. Not trying to pump Waverly to much but teams in this district are playing for second place in my opinion.

Waverly has some outstanding perimeter players and will be tough to beat when the 3's are going in, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Creekwood's chances in this District. The Red Hawks have a lot of young talent and are capable of beating Waverly as they proved in the semifinals of last year's district tourney. Don't remember Waverly having much size last year either-what do they have on the interior this year? Waverly's season opening win was impressive, but Creekwood easily handled West Creek and I would be careful making statements about everyone else playing for 2nd. Waverly came out of the gates like gangbusters last year and then fizzled out in tourney time. Do you think this may have something to do with their style of play? Good luck to all teams this season.

Edited by mumbletypeg

Waverly has some outstanding perimeter players and will be tough to beat when the 3's are going in, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Creekwood's chances in this District. The Red Hawks have a lot of young talent and are capable of beating Waverly as they proved in the semifinals of last year's district tourney. Don't remember Waverly having much size last year either-what do they have on the interior this year? Waverly's season opening win was impressive, but Creekwood easily handled West Creek and I would be careful making statements about everyone else playing for 2nd. Waverly came out of the gates like gangbusters last year and then fizzled out in tourney time. Do you think this may have something to do with their style of play? Good luck to all teams this season.

Waverly has a couple of 6'3-6'4 kids who are juniors that rotate (don't remember them playing at the same time). Creekwood is definitely capable of giving Waverly a problem. I look forward to both games.

Creekwood did a good job of controlling tempo and forcing Waverly to guard in the half court for lengthy possessions and limited Waverly's chances of getting quick, easy baskets last year. I thought this took the Tigers out of their comfort zone. Can they do that again this year without Rollie? I would imagine that Waverly will primarily play with 4 guards on the floor and all of those guys are capable shooters. I just have some questions about their defense. Thought their weakness last year was their half court defense, as they liked to feast on teams with shaky ball handling with their full court pressure but had trouble guarding in the half court against teams with solid ballhandlers. Coach Taylor and the Red Hawks really exploited that weakness in their last 2 matchups. Should be a good year of hoops in 11aa. Any other contenders in this district? What about Camden and Fairview? Would think those two will be competitive as well.

Its really hard to compare last years teams and games between Waverly and Creekwood to what this years teams will be like. Both of these teams are very young, Waverly has one senior on the squad, not sure about Creekwood. These kids know each other and have competed against each other for several years. I would say that the matchups between these two teams will be even more competitive than last years games. IMO, the difference in the games will come down to whether the youth of Creekwood will be able to match the intensity of Waverly. I can't wait to see how things turn out. Best of luck to all of District 11-AA on the upcoming season.