Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

For us to be a great team we must have a VERY good QB, a VERY fast running back, a VERY good offensive line, and a VERY good defense.

I can see it happening. I think you are skeptical about it because of how we were last year. Mark my word, "We are stronger, faster, smarter all the way around and more experienced" and these kids are hungry.

I think Leaky was MUCH faster than any back we had last year. I don't remember any other back having a run of any great length due to his speed alone. WE ARE SLOW

As I believe you are a man of honor, I hope you come back and say you "were wrong" later in the year. Jones was just learning how to run the ball last year. He is bigger, stronger, AND faster. I still don't mind a lot of 30-40 yard runs.

Then again, you can outplay a team like West all game, then get your heart broken in an instant. Not too many of those kids in Tennessee. The team that won it all didn't have one.

As I believe you are a man of honor, I hope you come back and say you "were wrong" later in the year. Jones was just learning how to run the ball last year. He is bigger, stronger, AND faster. I still don't mind a lot of 30-40 yard runs.

Then again, you can outplay a team like West all game, then get your heart broken in an instant. Not too many of those kids in Tennessee. The team that won it all didn't have one.

As I've said before, I want to be wrong and I'll be happy to admit it. I'll take a bunch of 30-40 yard runs too. I just think speed is critical and I hate not having breakaway speed at the running back position. And thank you for the "honor" comment

Your post puts me in a bind SS. Because now I can NOT say that I think we will be much improved. But I do think we have slow running backs and I don't care how good our line is, we won't go far with slow runners.

Wait till you see TJ Allison run he's not a speedster but not slow and almost impossible to take down.