Best kept secrets in Midstate

coachc34

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lighthouse must be good they beat stone. they are so under the radar that coacht don't even have them on their team schedules.

yeah, they are REALLY good. extremely athletic and fast. they are as fun to watch play as any team I've seen in middle tennessee. they've beaten something like 7 or 8 different AAA schools already this year (and FRA)... they have yet to lose this year.

they got a number of kids with college ball written all over them, and still hardly anyone even knows about them.

the re-match they had scheduled against Stone Memorial got postponed because of weather... i hope that one is able to get rescheduled.

The Tennessean Current Offensive Stats for 12-A

2013-'14 DISTRICT: 12-A INDIVIDUAL OFFENSE STATISTICS

NAME SCHOOL G PTS PPG 3PM APG

Matt Lineberry Frank Hughes High School 9 149 16.556 10 0.0

Logan Montgomery Collinwood High School 5 81 16.2 5 0.0

Sawyer Ray Wayne County High School 4 61 15.25 7 0.0

Wesley Pigg Collinwood High School 5 68 13.6 0 0.0

Luke Scott Summertown High School 7 92 13.143 7 0.0

Kelby Ray Collinwood High School 5 65 13.0 9 0.0

Tucker Robertson Collinwood High School 5 64 12.8 2 0.0

Lane Myhan Loretto High School 2 24 12.0 7 0.0

Keeton Kelly Wayne County High School 4 44 11.0 0 0.0

Camden Perry Summertown High School 7 69 9.857 21 0.0

lighthouse must be good they beat stone. they are so under the radar that coacht don't even have them on their team schedules.

They are the fastest team I have seen in HS in several years. They are long, athletic, and shoot the ball well. They also play very good aggressive defense. It was an excellent game. Stone led by 9 after 1, led by 10 at half.  Stone was up by 8-9 when Capps went to the bench the last 4 min of the 3rd (took out 4 starters). LH came back and took a 4-5 point lead going into the 4th. Capps put his starters back in at the beginning of the 4th, and Stone and LH went back and forth in the 4th, but Stone was never able to re-establish control of the game. Had a couple of chances to win it, but a pair of costly turnovers hurt them in the last min. Ended a 3 pt game.  LH is no joke, they can really play, and I am looking forward to watching the re-match. Capps said he is trying to get it re-scheduled.

Edited by TCBinTN

The Tennessean Current Offensive Stats for 12-A

2013-'14 DISTRICT: 12-A INDIVIDUAL OFFENSE STATISTICS

NAME SCHOOL G PTS PPG 3PM APG

Matt Lineberry Frank Hughes High School 9 149 16.556 10 0.0

Logan Montgomery Collinwood High School 5 81 16.2 5 0.0

Sawyer Ray Wayne County High School 4 61 15.25 7 0.0

Wesley Pigg Collinwood High School 5 68 13.6 0 0.0

Luke Scott Summertown High School 7 92 13.143 7 0.0

Kelby Ray Collinwood High School 5 65 13.0 9 0.0

Tucker Robertson Collinwood High School 5 64 12.8 2 0.0

Lane Myhan Loretto High School 2 24 12.0 7 0.0

Keeton Kelly Wayne County High School 4 44 11.0 0 0.0

Camden Perry Summertown High School 7 69 9.857 21 0.0

Matt Lineberry is the man could be MVP of D12A this year.  I wonder if your team has to win a game before being the MVP?  One thing is for sure he is doing it against the better teams of the district.  Logan is doing it with his team and there are 4 players that are averaging above 10 points per game.

Edited by Pete

I agree with you Pete. My grandson plays for WCHS and when we played FHS, Matt scored about 25 against us and had an awesome 3 at the buzzer at the end of the first quarter. He went 7 for 7 or 8 for 8 from the free throw line too, didnt miss one. Very good ball handler and had several steals and was rebounding like crazy. I was very impressed with him. I spoke to coach Willard after the game and he mentioned what a good ball player he is and said he wished he had him. I just hate it that that they havent won a game . But that boy didn't give up and played his best till coach took him out and let the freshman play the last quarter

They are the fastest team I have seen in HS in several years. They are long, athletic, and shoot the ball well. They also play very good aggressive defense. It was an excellent game. Stone led by 9 after 1, led by 10 at half.  Stone was up by 8-9 when Capps went to the bench the last 4 min of the 3rd (took out 4 starters). LH came back and took a 4-5 point lead going into the 4th. Capps put his starters back in at the beginning of the 4th, and Stone and LH went back and forth in the 4th, but Stone was never able to re-establish control of the game. Had a couple of chances to win it, but a pair of costly turnovers hurt them in the last min. Ended a 3 pt game.  LH is no joke, they can really play, and I am looking forward to watching the re-match. Capps said he is trying to get it re-scheduled.

This one got re-scheduled. Its on Saturday, January 11th in Antioch.

If you want to see a great basketball game, mark this one down. It's going to be a good one.

Lighthouse Christian.

Lighthouse tonight just beat FRA 66-52.

They also beat Centennial 72-40.

They beat Glencliff 65-35.

In scrimmages they beat Brentwood Academy, Pope John Paul II, and Maplewood all by 30-40 ponts.

Vic Wharton is in his 4th year coaching there. In my opinion, they definitely have one of the fastest and most athletic teams in the midstate; and yet they only have 2 seniors on the roster I think. Look for them to be a serious contender at the Leroy Wright tournament next week at Cane Ridge.

would this be a relative or father of indy's Vic Wharton III?