West @ Anderson County 3rd Rd!

MAVERICK1995

Oh, believe me I know and could be wrong, its not like I am saying they are overrated or anything to that nature, just that I feel they can be beat.  Think about this for a moment:

Farragut finishes the season at 6-5 and barely gets by OR when OR was not playing well and held West to 25 points to lose by 9

Cleveland is a very good team but not invinsable and held West to 32 points to lose by 7, but if my memory serves me right was down like 20-0 to start the game or something to that extend so they figured something out to stop them and almost pulled off the win.

A bearden team that finishes the season at 3-7 managed to score 20 on West, now that 20 points could have all been in the 4th qtr against West freshman team for all I know, but it is interesting.

West beat a very good Ashville Carolina team by 14, but I watched the highlights of that game and was not that impressed with Ashville, then I looked at there ranking and they are ranked nationally at 1,779.

West beat 7 teams this season by 3 TD's or more and that is impressive, but when you break down the numbers those 7 teams had a combined record of 30-46 and that includes a 10-2 CC team that though a good team this year I just did not see matching up well with West with style of play.  Other than CC only one other team that they defeated by 3 TD's or more finished above .500 at 6-5.  And another one of those teams was David Crockett which we can all agree was the worst team in the playoffs.

I am only saying this to put it out there that they have not blown away everyone they have beaten and I am sure Davey and Company can look at these films and come up with a good gameplan, we may still get beat or even embaressed for all that goes, but there is no reason to not believe we have a shot at pulling this off.

That explination makes good sense and is actual accurate. I watched some other film on West they have reverse that they beat Maryville on; that speed has to be stopped. West has great speed.

West is really good, figuring out their offense is key. Fastest team we have played this season, our coach said he thought we were fast until we played West. You can have some success against their D, but don't turn the ball over.

Agreed, West will be the fastest team AC has come up against and the best team overall.

I think Style of play is huge, has been a big factor in why this district has been all over the place this year. If you look at the matchup and style of play I feel AC matches up much better tah CC did. As a matter of fact I would say that AC and Oak Ridge are the only 2 teams in our district that play the style of ball to compete with this west team. It is still a tall order, but AC matches up much better than I think people are giving them credit for

Powell def plays the style to compete and beat West, as they've done it the last two seasons. I know Powell was a little down this year, but for the most part the same style.

I hope you are right Mav4 but after watching the replay I can see why you think they don't WOW you but I can assure you it is different when it is live and in color...I just hope the players and coaches aren't thinking the way that you are...

No one can go by just a film West/CC alone. CC is passing team. You have to go deeper looking at the Maryvill/West film is a good one to start. It will give a good idea where to attack West. I was looking at Maryville/West film that will give you some Wow. West is good at blocking punts; blocked Maryville. West is good all around. I think the Mavs have there work cut out for them figering out a way to contain West speed and how to penetrate that awesome Defense.

No no do not go there; West has multiple threat and state championship speed. West is predicted to win big the Mavs are happy to play West and we do have injuries. Look at what West did to 3AAA CC.

Don't try and down play it! Let's do it! And where can I see the Maryville film that you are watching?

Why the comparables to Maryville? They do what they did to most everybody they play....let's look at it...Maryville beat West 42-20, Maryville beat Lenoir City 28-10, West beat Lenoir City 40-6... I say Maryville had a bad game against LC and West played about normal

Edited by erell38