Fairview @ CPA

coachcraig

Cyanide...I was at the Giles Co game....tremendous effort on CPA's part.  Giles looked very good on film and CPA was ready and prepared and played with great effort.  Giles Co was not ready for what hit them.  I don't think anyone expected it including our own fans and coaches for that matter.  I think their coaching change and associated penalties (limited spring practice and 7 v 7) had them behind in terms of preparation and I don't think they thought we were any good, but I could be wrong on that part.  They are obviously playing better now with the way they manhandled a good Pearl Cohn team.  That was my only point...I think Fairview today is better than Giles in week 2.  But I think Giles today is better than Giles in week 2.   

Not taking anything away from CPA.  But CPA will have to be similarly prepared and ready to face Fairview in order to win.

When I'm typing these posts...I try to be more like a Vince Dooley than say a Lane Kiffin.   No need to be brash or arrogant on a high school message board.  That being said...I am as proud of CPA as any fan out there so I probably err or being prideful at times. 

I do think we will win if we come out and play our brand of football, but if we get caught flat footed and over confident then Fairview has the athletes to beat us.

I think we have a distinct advantage in the trenches which hopefully will be the difference in the ball game as it has most weeks.  I think we have home field advantage which also helps.  Fairview has great athletes... but I like the way we tackled East's great athletes last week in space.  That gives me confidence we can do it again this week and beat Fairview.  Fairview is better coached than East in my opinion and will come out prepared to play with a good game plan.   We need to be ready as well. 

Nice post coach. And trust me we did respect you. We also knew without some luck we were in for a long night. There was just not enough time for the guys to learn the new system. Had to play you straight up and we didn;t match up doing that. But, we love our Cats. Community pride. We'll talk smack every week. Then after the game we'll congratulate ya. Just like we did this year.... :ugeek:

How about basketball team, where do all these "students" come from year after year after year?  CPA has no "predetermined" demographic area in which its students and athletes come from.  You people insult our intelligence when you say you don't openly recruit, when in fact you do.  How many of these athletes are from the old hickory blvd/hillsboro rd area?  Now do i blame CPA?  Not at all, the real blame lies with TSSAA and their lack of a back bone to i.e. $$$$ to make the privates play each other come play off time or at the very least put them in the highest classification in every sport.  Only then will the playing field be more level and i will throw in the public schools that are open zoned as well (Maryville, Alcoa, Memphis etc...) as they do the same exact thing that the privates do.  The county schools are the ones that are penalized the most by TSSAA.  If a county school team gets 1 player to move in its huge news and TSSAA makes their entire family relocate otherwise they forfeit a year of eligibility.  Where is the fairness in all this?  TSSAA is the issue here not the schools and until the county schools band together and go before the TSSAA board this scenario will be played out every year. Ya'll have a nice day! :popcorneater:

I am a CPA dad and although I still disagree with some of this post, I do agree that TSSAA is at fault here.  Either separate us all or put us all back together.

• Upvote 1

The BA controversy kept GC from 2 or 3 state championships.

CPA has decided to work around every possible rule they can as long as it makes it easier on them.

And another thing,  That BS about wanting your students to associate with "us lower class" as a reason you play in the publics ranks, I guess that's why CPA students have been known to wear white trash bags to games.  You know, to better fit in with all us white trash.

Fairview, Go beat the hades out of them!

I think the "white trash" post was answered ealier.  It was a "white out" and the kids wore white painter suits not white trashbags.

Do you have a kid that plays football for GCHS?

Don't have any goats left. Sold em all to get a new tooth a while back.... :D

My son is a Bobcat. I'm a Bobcat. My mom was a Bobcat. My grandparents were Bobcats. A big part of my family are Bobcats. None of us are currently walking the halls but we'll always be a Bobcat..... :ph34r:

But I do have 70+ young men that I support, cheer, and defend. because they too are bobcats.... :thumb:

I was challenging the idea since my guess there is many that would think he came over with Lindsey and the gang in the 8th grade and you would want to make sure the accuracy of your point was not negated by a detail that someone might jump on. 

This is a typical post from Coach Brooks. Doesn't know the answer but is willing to speculate and then accuse others.  You are 100% wrong. His team mates say he came in the 6th grade, I know for sure he was in at CPA at least by 7th.

But seriously, this is the best you can do? Argue about whether a player was there in the 6th, 7th or 8th grade? 

Interesting, your colors are blue and gold......and you have a white out.  Hmmm, why didn't you have like a orange out or a green out?

Maybe because they were the away team and wore white jerseys and white pants and the students wanted to show their support. 

Edited by coachrus

Swarm...it's grass...but this time of year it starts to be a mixture of grass and mud.  We overseeded a bunch of rye after week 10 since the normal turf is dormant by this time of year.  The field is definitely starting to show wear after all of the middle school, JV, and varsity football games and girls soccer games held there this fall.  It sits in a natural floodplain and soaks up a lot of water and doesn't drain that well.  Coach Brandon works miracles with the turf but honestly I would expect it to be a little sloppy especially if it rains on Friday like it did this past week. 

Two good running teams will fight it out in the trenches. 

And this is why I started posting and continue to post, would have been best to have left me out of it.  BTW – coachrus makes references to 8 years ago… 6 years ago… which could make one think the past does not matter.  Scripture teaches until past is dealt with appropriately, it will always matter. 

Slim88, on 17 Nov 2013 - 8:40 PM, said:snapback.png

do you recall a kid that played back in 2005.

As you can see, Slim88 asked the question not me. He used the year 2005 not me. 2013 minus 2005 equals 8. If you have a issue with the number of years involved take it up with Slim88.