DII-AA Semifinals

WesVLT

Away from the computer, but congrats to Ensworth for making championship plays. Big plays were the difference. Close, gritty, great game between two of the best teams in Tennessee.

just could not understand the BA play calling or again our reads on pass plays.  It was not like we were getting significant pressure.  you must open up with the passing game to open up the run game.  can't win throwing 4 yd passes.  defense did what they needed to from the BA side and obviously E the same. You have to have the capability to throw the ball downfield. both teams battled hard and i agree tough gritty game.  disappointed in the ending esp with BA  - no excuse for it - that's not who we are

From what I saw he was too close to a ref. .. As in shoved one ... Almost a hockey brawl at the end of that game .. The first drive of the 2nd half shifted the momentum of that game . I tho hit Ensworth made adjustments and BA just could not get it going in the second half.

At the end of tonight's Ensworth-BA game (Ensworth won, 21-12), Ensworth HC Ricky Bowers was ejected by the head official while the handshake line was ongoing.

From TSSAA spokesperson Matthew Gillespie via email tonight:

"We will have to wait until we get our officials' report on Monday morning before anything could be dealt with.

If he were ejected from the game, by rule in our Bylaws, he would have to sit out the next contest.

Article III, Section 9 of the Bylaws states:

Section 9. Coaches Ejected for Unsportsmanlike Conduct 

A. The school and coach will be required to submit a written report of the incident. 

B. The school will be given a choice of removing the coach for a specified number of contest(s) and pay a 

fine of $250.00 or face further disciplinary action. The school shall not allow the suspended coach to 

attend games while under suspension. 

C. In addition to what is presently required when a coach is ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct, a meeting 

shall be held with the coach, principal, and superintendent, or his/her appointed representative, with a 

report on the meeting and plans to directly address the matter to be filed with the state office by the 

principal. 

D. On any subsequent ejection by the same coach, the school will be given a choice of removing the coach 

for a specified number of contest(s) and pay a fine of $500.00 or face further disciplinary action. The 

school shall not allow the suspended coach to attend games while under suspension. 

E. If the coach is ejected from the contest and an assistant coach or an employee of the school involved is 

not available to continue as coach, the event is terminated and forfeited to the opponent.

F. Other non-monetary penalties may be assessed by the Executive Director based on all the facts."

At the end of tonight's Ensworth-BA game (Ensworth won, 21-12), Ensworth HC Ricky Bowers was ejected by the head official while the handshake line was ongoing.

From TSSAA spokesperson Matthew Gillespie via email tonight:

"We will have to wait until we get our officials' report on Monday morning before anything could be dealt with.

If he were ejected from the game, by rule in our Bylaws, he would have to sit out the next contest.

Article III, Section 9 of the Bylaws states:

Section 9. Coaches Ejected for Unsportsmanlike Conduct 

A. The school and coach will be required to submit a written report of the incident. 

B. The school will be given a choice of removing the coach for a specified number of contest(s) and pay a 

fine of $250.00 or face further disciplinary action. The school shall not allow the suspended coach to 

attend games while under suspension. 

C. In addition to what is presently required when a coach is ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct, a meeting 

shall be held with the coach, principal, and superintendent, or his/her appointed representative, with a 

report on the meeting and plans to directly address the matter to be filed with the state office by the 

principal. 

D. On any subsequent ejection by the same coach, the school will be given a choice of removing the coach 

for a specified number of contest(s) and pay a fine of $500.00 or face further disciplinary action. The 

school shall not allow the suspended coach to attend games while under suspension. 

E. If the coach is ejected from the contest and an assistant coach or an employee of the school involved is 

not available to continue as coach, the event is terminated and forfeited to the opponent.

F. Other non-monetary penalties may be assessed by the Executive Director based on all the facts."

from 102.5 fb

BA played an excellent first half .. I was encouraged .. Oh well the drought continues. I thought BA showed a lot or grit over the course of the year and will miss the seniors on this team.

Congrats to all the teams and especially to MUS and Emsworth. I have no idea how to call the matchup between the two teams so I'll just pop off and see you guys next year.

It's been fun .. The season has passed quickly as does life.

Wishing all you guys a happy holiday. We all have a lot to be thankful for even when life does not turn out the way we wish sometimes.

just could not understand the BA play calling or again our reads on pass plays. It was not like we were getting significant pressure. you must open up with the passing game to open up the run game. can't win throwing 4 yd passes. defense did what they needed to from the BA side and obviously E the same. You have to have the capability to throw the ball downfield. both teams battled hard and i agree tough gritty game. disappointed in the ending esp with BA - no excuse for it - that's not who we are

Edited by baylorbigdog1976
  • Upvote 1

Ferby was a beast this game, clearing still battling that torn LCL. The sophomore QB stepped up huge might be a better passer than Settles. Anyone agree?

He is absolutely a better passer than PJ, though PJ is a great kid and brings a lot to the position. In my opinion, Ensworth can be a much more balanced and explosive team with Coleman at the helm. I think he is clearly the Tiger's qb of the future, with PJ helping at a different position. I was more worried going into the game that Ensworth would have problems replacing Coleman at linebacker, where he has been a strong performer all season, but they coped extremely well against a very potent offense.

Props to BA for a great season and a great game last night - they seem to have things headed in the right direction and I am very excited for the future of D2-AA.

I agree looked so much smoother back in the pocket, he completed so many crucial 3rd down conversions, only time will tell what Ricky will end up doing with the QB situation. As of now Coleman is #1on my depth chart. Any news on Ferby? Seemed like that knee was giving him problems towards the end of the 3rd quarter. It seemed as if BA knew his situation and targeted that leg every snap.