Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

Read more carefully, the quote from " Purple and Gold standard" was referenced above my post.  My point was not to compare a team from 6 years ago with your team now. my point was, its easy to say "we dont worry about Private schools"  when you have only played 3 in the last 12 years.  Again, i repeat, you would worry about them if you played them twice a year every year.  you would worry about them if they hand picked some of your best players to come play for them.  You dont have to deal with this, there are none in your district.  Let me put it in terms you might understand, What if the big city of Gleason got a new "little Debbie " factory, and the families of 5 of your best players loaded up and moved to Gleason to pound out Zebra Cakes, then Gleason beat your brains out with your own players.  I bet you might be mad at the Little Debbie Factory.

The only thing I like better than "zebra cakes" is having Big Dan Teague in NCS's corner. Go Eagles!

I agree with your post 100%. Your coach did a great job against CA, and you will have to change your defense. It's just to open for the dive back, and UC's best RB is usually the dive back.

NCSdad....that's the point of the type of offense UC runs, "boring". It's designed to wear the D down mentally and physically....just grinding 4 or more yards a carry. Can it be stopped? Yes. Is it hard to stop? When it's run correctly, yes. Meaning...if the team has a strong dive back with a quick QB and tailbacks. It'll be hard to stop. I think NCS has the athletes. After watching them, I really like their team...very disciplined.

I'm hoping that they (our coaches) may consider using a 52 defense. The veer has to be attacked and not waiting for the play to develop. Our defensive ends for sure will have to play and extremely discipline game and the LB's have to stay home and read the dive back.

I'm hoping that they (our coaches) may consider using a 52 defense. The veer has to be attacked and not waiting for the play to develop. Our defensive ends for sure will have to play and extremely discipline game and the LB's have to stay home and read the dive back.

the dive back will never get the ball if your defensive end follows the tackle down the line of scrimmage.  He is who they are reading, and will be unblocked.  if he goes up field they give it, if he slides down the line they pull it.  

I'm glad to see some real NCS posters on here for a change. You can always find the ones who are "closer to the action" they show a little more respect. To the NCSdads and eagle fans and posters I would like to meet you guys either before the game or at halftime. I know you guys are for real. Our kids are playing in this game and we want them to succeed. Either way one of us will be in Cookeville to play for the title. What an exciting opportunity for our boys. This game sounds like old fashioned smash mouth style verses high power finese that has a powerful tailback that can rumble. I like this kind of contrast in styles. I can't wait to see how it turns out.GO TORNADOES.

I'm glad to see some real NCS posters on here for a change. You can always find the ones who are "closer to the action" they show a little more respect. To the NCSdads and eagle fans and posters I would like to meet you guys either before the game or at halftime. I know you guys are for real. Our kids are playing in this game and we want them to succeed. Either way one of us will be in Cookeville to play for the title. What an exciting opportunity for our boys. This game sounds like old fashioned smash mouth style verses high power finese that has a powerful tailback that can rumble. I like this kind of contrast in styles. I can't wait to see how it turns out.GO TORNADOES.

Sounds like a winner to me Swo. We will talk more before the game friday night. My son graduated last year so I'm there because i'm a big fan of football and NCS. I was actually thinking the same thing about one team being finesse (NCS) and you guys play more of a physical style. I must say in their defense that they are capable of playing physical as well. After the beat down we took at Huntingdon last year, our coaches had those guys in the weight room immediately. Last year, I would say we were one dimensional with my son running all over the place. This year is a better squad where they can throw it if they want to not because they have to. I was sitting here trying to think of any "physical" teams we've faced this year. To my knowledge, I think Jo Byrnes and East Nashville was the only two. I just hope our guys are ready to play smash mouth football because that's what its going to come down to. Neither team is ready for basketball season just yet.

Yep. It's not flashy at all. Coach Bowling hardly opened the play book. If you like spread offensive skeems UC will bore you to death. But...... its very effective.

I should have been more specific - I was talking about Humboldt's offense.  We have a lot of weapons on offense and they get used.  We won't run the ball twelve straight plays for 1-yard gains just hoping that the outcome will change.

:mrgreen: this thread just gets better and better....I can also assure you if they have a linebacker that is 270 lbs that he'll get blown by every play by NCS. If he is a 270 lb that can run why is he not #1 on every recruiting board, or look out for list if hes not a senior? I mean, crap the best middle linebackers in pros rarely break 250 lbs.

The best d lineman in college right now is barely 270, and hes 6'6

for one thing he don't have the height he's only 5'8 and plus we are from Union City we don't get a lot of looks cause they either look at the big schools or schools from the big city. We have had a lot of great players come through our program that deserved to be looked at but weren't the best we ever get is offers from UTM and that's because they are right down the road. If he were taller he probably would get looked at not just as a LB but as an offensive linemen he is one of our more physical players a lot of energy and he is a 3 year starter and only a junior.

I agree with your post 100%. Your coach did a great job against CA, and you will have to change your defense. It's just to open for the dive back, and UC's best RB is usually the dive back.

NCSdad....that's the point of the type of offense UC runs, "boring". It's designed to wear the D down mentally and physically....just grinding 4 or more yards a carry. Can it be stopped? Yes. Is it hard to stop? When it's run correctly, yes. Meaning...if the team has a strong dive back with a quick QB and tailbacks. It'll be hard to stop. I think NCS has the athletes. After watching them, I really like their team...very disciplined.

Yeah, I should have been more specific on who's offense I was referring to.  I meant Humboldt.  If someone can stop our running game (like UC was doing to Humboldt), we have other weapons to turn to.  No one has stopped our ground game so throwing the ball 8-10 times a game is all we need to keep defenses honest.  But we played one game this year where we completely deviated from the normal offense - we went to a hurry-up, no-huddle offense from the get-go.  Not sure what the point was (we could have easily pounded this team like everybody else) but we were very successful with throwing the ball all over the place.

I was basically just saying that UC folks will see a different type of offense than Humboldt's.  Doesn't mean we'll be anymore successful but we have more options than the average 1A team.

Read more carefully, the quote from " Purple and Gold standard" was referenced above my post. My point was not to compare a team from 6 years ago with your team now. my point was, its easy to say "we dont worry about Private schools" when you have only played 3 in the last 12 years. Again, i repeat, you would worry about them if you played them twice a year every year. you would worry about them if they hand picked some of your best players to come play for them. You dont have to deal with this, there are none in your district. Let me put it in terms you might understand, What if the big city of Gleason got a new "little Debbie " factory, and the families of 5 of your best players loaded up and moved to Gleason to pound out Zebra Cakes, then Gleason beat your brains out with your own players. I bet you might be mad at the Little Debbie Factory.

no I called you insane thinking NCS would beat us 42-0.

I'm going to be sure to take a camera and a pen and paper for autographs to this game.  I think all 12 SEC head coaches will be at this game to watch NCS.

For the life of me can't figure out what ticks people off about us having several D1 talents on our team.  Wouldn't you be proud of that if they were on your team?

Read more carefully, the quote from " Purple and Gold standard" was referenced above my post.  My point was not to compare a team from 6 years ago with your team now. my point was, its easy to say "we dont worry about Private schools"  when you have only played 3 in the last 12 years.  Again, i repeat, you would worry about them if you played them twice a year every year.  you would worry about them if they hand picked some of your best players to come play for them.  You dont have to deal with this, there are none in your district.  Let me put it in terms you might understand, What if the big city of Gleason got a new "little Debbie " factory, and the families of 5 of your best players loaded up and moved to Gleason to pound out Zebra Cakes, then Gleason beat your brains out with your own players.  I bet you might be mad at the Little Debbie Factory.

I'll admit I'll be mad however I might try to get a job there not just for zebra cake but I want me some fudge rounds and christmas tree cakes as well.  BigDan is right if u played them every year and took your players you would definetly take them seriously.

Houston County, man they have some work to do maybe they'll get there one day I remember Adamsvilles football team being a laughing stock now everyone in the west respects them and they have got a great program hopefully it'll happen to your team one day as well.

Man after looking at Union City's schedule while it is tough I have to agree with you they havent played anyone as good as east nashville.  I guess the ones closest were Huntingdon before they changed their playing scheme, we turned the way we played a few weeks later, & Dresden.  However they practically blew out Trenton which is also a great team.  We will find out who has it better Friday Night.