Semi-Finals: Cleveland @ West

I was on that 2006 team that won, but I was a freshman. I was also a senior on that 2009 team, but I would like to point out that was still a good team. That was the first year of the new super district and Farragut, Catholic, and Bearden were all still very good then. Farragut had Lee Van Dyne, Reese Browning, and Deandre Purty....we lost by a touchdown and led in the 4th. Catholic had Dorian Cozart, Kyler Kerybson, etc.......they won by 3 on a mud ridden field that should have been deemed unplayable. We lost to Fulton by one point, 14-13. The first game was tragically stopped in the 3rd quarter and that was deemed a loss. The only games we couldn't have won were Bearden and Maryville.

That was a strange season for West. That season I really believe made 2010's deep run possible. West didn't lose close games in 2010 until Colimbia, but also avenged the Sullivan south, bearden, catholic, and Fulton losses that season too.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just wanted to say I'm looking forward to tomorrow and those heading to the game please be safe in your travels.

As for the game all I know is this is what West wanted...to host the semifinal game with a chance to go to state. They need to make the most of this opportunity bc who knows when it will come again? Look how long its been for Cleveland to get back to this game themselves.

Its going to be a very physical game in the cold and I'm predicting West 35 Cleveland 31...

I will not be surprised if Cleveland wins bc they are a great team themselves and Wests injuries concern me. Plus West is 0-3 in all semifinal games they played. West does have an 11 game home winning streak and has never lost a home playoff game.

My prediction is based off of home field advantage and that how fitting it would be that West gets to state by beating Cleveland the very team they have so much playoff history with.

Either Way I'm darn proud to be a West Rebel.

Go West!