Best in Northeast Tennessee

JohnnyMox

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BWAhahahahaa! Don't you just love this? Notice how those posts have dried up? I wondered after the game tuesday night what kind of excuses they would come up with after losing at home by double digits.

Yea, it usually dries up pretty quickly....All in good fun on my part tho...I remember in 2011 when we headed to the boro and everyone, west of Knoxville, said Summertown was gonna show Hampton what basketball was all about...We handed them a whipp'n from the tip...Then we played a  dang good Lake Co team for what was really the state championship.

Things on the T dried up for a spell then too B)

Probably about right....Just not sure TH #5...But Id say ur pretty well on it

0nly time will tell with Tennessee High, they can be dangerous at times after watching them play. In addition it would not shock me if DB losses to Crockett, Boone, and TN High at some point in the season. To me this DB team is not a nightmare for anybody like they have been in the past. One thing they always have going for them is great coaching and solid fundamental players but but after watching them play 3 games I was not impressed.I came up for the game against David Crockett tuesday and thought Crockett should've won the game but had some key turnovers late in the game that went DB's way, but what can you expect from a young team like Crockett thats a working progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming out of Christmas Break it seems like there is no true top team in Northeast TN, but Hampton seems to play more as a team as the others. I have seen most of the quality teams except for DB & TN High but I do follow them online and in the newspaper. So here is my ranking as of right now

1. Hampton ( but can they beat SH or DB)

2. Science Hill ( they have two tough games next week @ DB & Elizabethton)

3. Elizabethton (lost to Hampton twice but are 4-0 against AAA teams including SH) 

4. TN High

5. DB

6. David Crockett

7. Unicoi (have struggled as of late)

8-10. Toss a Coin