Hampton At Elizabethton....Round 2

uknoit2

The DOGS have to get by HV tonight then prepare to head to E-Town.....Beating HV wasn't too easy for the 'clones last night!

Eliz fell to Hampton only because they "overlooked" and "didn't respect" the DOGS....Did the same attitude creep in at the HV game? Seems likely based on what I heard last night.

A Hampton player was leaving EHS last night with his girlfriend and talking about the number of points, steals, and rebounds she had in her game....The woman working the gate (EHS "teacher") said, "HE CAN COUNT"??!!   

In the summer, some on the EHS fb team wanted to practice with their shirts off...Coach told em, "NO! We're not Hampton trash"..(I wasn't there, but players passed that info along)

So yea, attitude may be a problem!

Do Eliz people realize where their coaches went to school? Where some of their better players transferred from over the years? Do they realize who owns the companies many of them work for?

Do they realize they reside in the same county?! LOL

Listen, Im not taking anything away from HV nor Eliz....I happen to be one that respects each team, coach and player....Others could learn from us low down hicks up here.

AS FOR THE GAME, it should be a barn burner.....I expect both teams to be well prepared and well coached...considering both coaches are from HAMPTON!! B)

I still see HHS taking this one...by less than 10

Edited by uknoit2

The DOGS have to get by HV tonight then prepare to head to E-Town.....Beating HV wasn't too easy for the 'clones last night!

Eliz fell to Hampton only because they "overlooked" and "didn't respect" the DOGS....Did the same attitude creep in at the HV game? Seems likely based on what I heard last night.

A Hampton player was leaving EHS last night with his girlfriend and talking about the number of points, steals, and rebounds she had in her game....The woman working the gate (EHS "teacher") said, "HE CAN COUNT"??!!   

In the summer, some on the EHS fb team wanted to practice with their shirts off...Coach told em, "NO! We're not Hampton trash"..(I wasn't there, but players passed that info along)

So yea, attitude may be a problem!

Do Eliz people realize where their coaches went to school? Where some of their better players transferred from over the years? Do they realize who owns the companies many of them work for?

Do they realize they reside in the same county?! LOL

Listen, Im not taking anything away from HV nor Eliz....I happen to be one that respects each team, coach and player....Others could learn from us low down hicks up here.

AS FOR THE GAME, it should be a barn burner.....I expect both teams to be well prepared and well coached...considering both coaches are from HAMPTON!! B)

I still see HHS taking this one...by less than 10

Eliz has ALWAYS had an attitude. Always better than ALL county schools. Funny thing to me that thats where they recruit the majority of their players AND coaches. But again they should have the best players in sports, look at the size of their school. Cloudland barely has 250 students and Hampton maybe 425 to 450. Not as many players to choose from. They will have their rude awakening on down the season just wait and watch.

I only have one big problem with elizabethton and it would have to be the disrespect that they have for all the county schools almost like they think they qualify first in every category hampton is a small school and can still compete with elizabethton i just cant see why elizabethton thinks they are so good when they cant win a region championship or even leave the area in a playoff game so why do they act so big and bad towards hampton who holds their own against the much bigger elizabethton school at least hampton can win championships at their level of size and competition.

Im not bashing EHS...Not the intention of this thread...Just pointing out facts...

BTW, Im not offended nor do I loose sleep over attitude or things said...I raise my kids to snuff such things and use for fuel when needed.

The Eliz program is in good hands with Honeycutt in charge and they have much talent...Should be a good year for a few local teams

Edited by uknoit2

I only have one big problem with elizabethton and it would have to be the disrespect that they have for all the county schools almost like they think they qualify first in every category hampton is a small school and can still compete with elizabethton i just cant see why elizabethton thinks they are so good when they cant win a region championship or even leave the area in a playoff game so why do they act so big and bad towards hampton who holds their own against the much bigger elizabethton school at least hampton can win championships at their level of size and competition.

Don't put all cyclone fans down because I have always pulled for all the carter county teams and yes I am very proud of my teams and have pulled for them for 30 yrs. and by the way all teams heve people who run there mouth and that includes Hampton big boy.

Big win for the dogs tonight. Dominated the entire game. Clark is a good player but takes eliz out of their game sometimes by jacking up shot after shot. Needs to pass a little more. I think the science hill game spoiled him. Hope the dogs keep playin. They're gonna need that effort against a great unicoi team.

Don't put all cyclone fans down because I have always pulled for all the carter county teams and yes I am very proud of my teams and have pulled for them for 30 yrs. and by the way all teams heve people who run there mouth and that includes Hampton big boy.

lawnman,  I agree with ya....You're a great T poster for all CC teams.

Edited by uknoit2

I'll be interested to see how the players explain this one. Did they overlook Hampton again? Did they just just not play good? Hm. Beat Science Hill, get swept by Hampton. You can call it youth, or arrogance. I know that not all Cyclone fans or players have that arrogant "I'm better than you because I go to EHS" attitude, but many have, and really it makes it SO sweet when Hampton beats them. 

lawnman, I agree with ya....You're a great T poster for all CC teams.

Hampton put the hammer down on the cyclones tonight and I hope Hampton wins the rest of there games.uknoit2 we have a good time on here and I always enjoy talking to you on here and Hampton has a good team.I talked to Todd tonight and I hate that about page but she is taking it pretty good.I think the Hampton girls will be fine and I wish them the best.