9-A News

ecu

Evan Harris never said what you accused him of, he simply retweeted what the Moore County News Tweeted. Which is a little biased but understandably so.

I wish MC well against Houston Co. They are beatable. Especially with a talented team like MC has. Hopefully MC and Huntland meet again before this season is over. 2 great communities with passionate fans and great players. I just try to keep it all in perspective. It's a kids game, let's not ruin it for our youth by putting our own feelings and pride into. It's not about us, it's about them. They have enough on their shoulders as student athletes, no need in adding more stress to their lives. I believe in teaching them to be strong minded when things don't go the way you think they should or even if you feel like you've been cheated. That's one thing that I can see from this generation, we haven't done our jobs as parents to just look at our own children and simply say, "Life is unfair and things will not always work out in your favor, it's what you do in those moments that build character make you a competitor."

I believe in teaching children hard work and character, but also to stand up for themselves and not be afraid to ruffle feathers in the process. Sports and life have many parallels, and I don't want children growing up thinking If you get cheated it shows class to just walk away. I want mine to demand to be treated fairly in any instance. That dosen mean I don't believe in hard work, sacrifice, and discipline.

Do you think maybe refs helped you this time. At least you keep this game close. First two times huntland beat you pretty good. Good luck at Houston co. and all district 9a teams.

No, a better defensive game plan led to a closer game, and lack of competent referees,

No, a better defensive game plan led to a closer game, and lack of competent referees,

This is my last post on this issue.

Here is the real reason why MC gets beat.

There is ZERO SHOT DISTRIBUTION!!!

All you have to do is stop #25 and MC is beat. Every team, coach, player and fan in 9A basketball knows this. You can't win big games with only one player shooting all the shots! Is there a designed set play to any of the other players on MC's team? Answer: NO!

I've yet to see one play ran for the PG or SG or Post. It is all #25 or nothing. She is a good player but without playing team ball MC will be exactly where they are at. Barely making it in. Do your homework and go back and study the past MC teams. If you haven't noticed there are plenty of banners hanging in that gym, all before you arrived. See how those teams won. Ask the Holts, Fannings, Logans, Prices, Kellers, Faulkners, Martins, Thomas', how its done.

I will tell you what it looks like to everyone watching the games. It looks like the coach shows extreme favoritism to one certain player. Let me know how that works out in the long run.

One more thing, the only thing that needs to be "investigated" is how you guys ended up at a great place like MC! Trust me everyone knows you are NOT "a real MC alumni !"

Edited by phil24

All you have to do is stop #25 and MC is beat. Every team, coach, player and fan in 9A basketball knows this. You can't win big games with only one player shooting all the shots! Is there a designed set play to any of the other players on MC's team? Answer: NO!

I've yet to see one play ran for the PG or SG or Post. It is all #25 or nothing. She is a good player but without playing team ball MC will be exactly where they are at. Barely making it in. Do your homework and go back and study the past MC teams. If you haven't noticed there are plenty of banners hanging in that gym, all before you arrived. See how those teams won. Ask the Holts, Fannings, Logans, Prices, Kellers, Faulkners, Martins, Thomas', how its done.

I will tell you what it looks like to everyone watching the games. It looks like the coach shows extreme favoritism to one certain player. Let me know how that works out in the long run.

One more thing, the only thing that needs to be "investigated" is how you guys ended up at a great place like MC! Trust me everyone knows you are NOT "a real MC alumni !"

Now you just sound like a jealous parent. On any team the idea is to get your best scoring option open. On Moore county that happens to be 25. Also number 25 leads in assists this year so your logic is majorly flawed. There are plenty of plays for the other girls, this just shows you haven't watched much. One more thing if you think you know who I am and are such a proud person have the guts to come talk to me. Don't be such a coward that lets things build up. Go talk to the coach about your perceived favoritism issues lol. I don't even know the coach that well. Break down the films and look at the girls FG percentages. i can tell you have not spent much time crunching the numbers. 25 needs to shoot more if you go by stats, because when she shoots there is a better percentage that the team will score. Any game she has had to sit out in the other team makes an immediate run. Why, because the girl plays defense too. Oh, and it has never Been done at MC! There has never been a state champ in girls bball. If your trying to win it all then you can't study MC's past but push ahead and look to the future. There have been some good teams but they never won it all. Investigate it all you want and stop crying! Get your girls or girl in the gym and get better. What I have seen Moore county do in the offseason is pathetic as far as AAU. Walk through after walk through with no skill development. Since you know it all maybe you can tell the coach how to coach tonight too. By the way stop acting like there is something holy about being from Moore county. I promise you are not that different from anyone in Fayettville or Tullahoma geographicly speaking. Living in that small county dosent make you anymore important or special lol. Man up.

All you have to do is stop #25 and MC is beat. Every team, coach, player and fan in 9A basketball knows this. You can't win big games with only one player shooting all the shots! Is there a designed set play to any of the other players on MC's team? Answer: NO!

I've yet to see one play ran for the PG or SG or Post. It is all #25 or nothing. She is a good player but without playing team ball MC will be exactly where they are at. Barely making it in. Do your homework and go back and study the past MC teams. If you haven't noticed there are plenty of banners hanging in that gym, all before you arrived. See how those teams won. Ask the Holts, Fannings, Logans, Prices, Kellers, Faulkners, Martins, Thomas', how its done.

I am glad I am not a "MC alumni". I liked my high school just fine. Hey Phil go tell coach to leave 25 on the bench tonight and that they have a better chance without her lol. You are a funny guy call Dr. Phil and work it out. Oh and maybe she won't be back next year and you will have a better record. Just tell your girl(s)to get better man and stop hating. At least speak up all that your holding in is not good for you let it out I can take it. Go tell 25 how to play tonight since u are a basketball legend.

I am glad I am not a "MC alumni". I liked my high school just fine. Hey Phil go tell coach to leave 25 on the bench tonight and that they have a better chance without her lol. You are a funny guy call Dr. Phil and work it out. Oh and maybe she won't be back next year and you will have a better record. Just tell your girl(s)to get better man and stop hating. At least speak up all that your holding in is not good for you let it out I can take it. Go tell 25 how to play tonight since u are a basketball legend.

Scott Phillips. Graduated 1996. I never played a lick of high school basketball and can see clearly what the problem is. And yes, there is something very special about being from Moore County. Ask all that is sitting around right now.

All you have to do is stop #25 and MC is beat. Every team, coach, player and fan in 9A basketball knows this. You can't win big games with only one player shooting all the shots! Is there a designed set play to any of the other players on MC's team? Answer: NO!

I've yet to see one play ran for the PG or SG or Post. It is all #25 or nothing. She is a good player but without playing team ball MC will be exactly where they are at. Barely making it in. Do your homework and go back and study the past MC teams. If you haven't noticed there are plenty of banners hanging in that gym, all before you arrived. See how those teams won. Ask the Holts, Fannings, Logans, Prices, Kellers, Faulkners, Martins, Thomas', how its done.

Hey Mr.Scott Phillips,

This is #25 A.K.A. Kursten Hawkins. Since you thought it was important to call me out I am going to call you out. What I'm getting out of what you wrote is that you think I am a ball hog, a coaches pet, and I am not a Moore County native. I will have you know Mr.Phillips that I have put my sweat, blood,and tears into this team. I have had teeth knocked loose, wore countless black eyes, and worn bruises all season. There is only 2 set plays that are run to me, which were just put in this week. I am a scorer, I have been taught to put the basketball in the hoop since I was in the first grade. Sorry that in your eyes I am not good enough to play for Moore County. You can investigate all you want to. I attended Temple Baptist Christian School and transferred to Moore County Middle School my eighth grade year. Call the TSSAA and you can investigate sir, I have nothing to hide. Sorry that in your eyes I am not "SPECIAL" since I am not from Moore County. Hit me up for a one on one game of basketball sometime, maybe you can teach me something. My coach only cares about winning, he's not concerned about my hometown. I guess it takes a Moore County NATIVE to call out a 15 year old girl, who is just trying to help her team out.

Hey Mr.Scott Phillips,

This is #25 A.K.A. Kursten Hawkins. Since you thought it was important to call me out I am going to call you out. What I'm getting out of what you wrote is that you think I am a ball hog, a coaches pet, and I am not a Moore County native. I will have you know Mr.Phillips that I have put my sweat, blood,and tears into this team. I have had teeth knocked loose, wore countless black eyes, and worn bruises all season. There is only 2 set plays that are run to me, which were just put in this week. I am a scorer, I have been taught to put the basketball in the hoop since I was in the first grade. Sorry that in your eyes I am not good enough to play for Moore County. You can investigate all you want to. I attended Temple Baptist Christian School and transferred to Moore County Middle School my eighth grade year. Call the TSSAA and you can investigate sir, I have nothing to hide. Sorry that in your eyes I am not "SPECIAL" since I am not from Moore County. Hit me up for a one on one game of basketball sometime, maybe you can teach me something. My coach only cares about winning, he's not concerned about my hometown. I guess it takes a Moore County NATIVE to call out a 15 year old girl, who is just trying to help her team out.

That a girl. Guess it must have been a long ride home with the smartphone. Way to stick up for yourself. By the way I am proud to be a MTSU alumni, and SCOTT PHILLIPS I would be embarrassed to be around you calling out kids like that. Please enlighten Moore County's coach on how to call the game and leave kids out of it. Also went back and looked at the records, and #25 has yet to score all the points in one game this season. So how is there ZERO shot distribution. Just because things haven't worked out for you and your friends the way you wanted it to dosent give you the right to call out kids.