9-A News

ecu

Hey Mr.Scott Phillips,

This is #25 A.K.A. Kursten Hawkins. Since you thought it was important to call me out I am going to call you out. What I'm getting out of what you wrote is that you think I am a ball hog, a coaches pet, and I am not a Moore County native. I will have you know Mr.Phillips that I have put my sweat, blood,and tears into this team. I have had teeth knocked loose, wore countless black eyes, and worn bruises all season. There is only 2 set plays that are run to me, which were just put in this week. I am a scorer, I have been taught to put the basketball in the hoop since I was in the first grade. Sorry that in your eyes I am not good enough to play for Moore County. You can investigate all you want to. I attended Temple Baptist Christian School and transferred to Moore County Middle School my eighth grade year. Call the TSSAA and you can investigate sir, I have nothing to hide. Sorry that in your eyes I am not "SPECIAL" since I am not from Moore County. Hit me up for a one on one game of basketball sometime, maybe you can teach me something. My coach only cares about winning, he's not concerned about my hometown. I guess it takes a Moore County NATIVE to call out a 15 year old girl, who is just trying to help her team out.

Yesssssss!! I got a bit hype reading this post! Good job Kursten, don't listen to the haters. Keep playing ball.

Yesssssss!! I got a bit hype reading this post! Good job Kursten, don't listen to the haters. Keep playing ball.

You would crush me on a court. You are a great player. You have a very bright future but what Gary Wilson Hawkins has done by posting discouraging comments and pictures about other players intentionally fouling you, posting pictures of the refs, sending TSSAA pictures of refs, accusing Huntland of paying referrees off and posting complaint after complaint is wrong. I have not said one negative thing about you. I think you are super player, one of the top five in the district but at some point he has got to stop with the crazy antics. I apologize if this has upset you. I'm sure Gary is a really good guy at heart and wants the best for you. Best of luck, I know you will accomplish great things.

Edited by phil24
  • Upvote 1

You would crush me on a court. You are a great player. You have a very bright future but what Gary Wayne Hawkins has done by posting discouraging comments and pictures about other players intentionally fouling you, posting pictures of the refs, sending TSSAA pictures of refs, accusing Huntland of paying referrees off and posting complaint after complaint is wrong. I have not said one negative thing about you. I think you are super player, one of the top five in the district but at some point he has got to stop with the crazy antics. I apologize if this has upset you. I'm sure Gary is a really good guy at heart and wants the best for you. Best of luck, I know you will accomplish great things.

Hey, who is Gary Wayne Hawkins? Keep guessing; however, I have called out grown refs that I believe intentionally blew a game. Yes I will send in film to the TSSAA as soon as I get my hands on it. These are grown men who got paid to do a job. I think they did a tremendously poor job so I am holding them accountable. I didn't call out a 15 year old girl by number or name.

You would crush me on a court. You are a great player. You have a very bright future but what Gary Wayne Hawkins has done by posting discouraging comments and pictures about other players intentionally fouling you, posting pictures of the refs, sending TSSAA pictures of refs, accusing Huntland of paying referrees off and posting complaint after complaint is wrong. I have not said one negative thing about you. I think you are super player, one of the top five in the district but at some point he has got to stop with the crazy antics. I apologize if this has upset you. I'm sure Gary is a really good guy at heart and wants the best for you. Best of luck, I know you will accomplish great things.

Hey, who is Gary Wayne Hawkins? Keep guessing; however, I have called out grown refs that I believe intentionally blew a game. Yes I will send in film to the TSSAA as soon as I get my hands on it. These are grown men who got paid to do a job. I think they did a tremendously poor job so I am holding them accountable. I didn't call out a 15 year old girl by number or name.

So I guess you get back at an adult that you don't agree with by going after a kid and wanting her investigated. That is just really low but I guess one would have to be a Moore County native to understand. Just so we get this straight, I called out refs repeatedly and somehow you brought a 15 year old girl into it. That's terrible, good attempt at running her off but your hate makes her stronger.

So we have parents / fans sending in game footage to TSSAA?? And players getting on a message board to defend themselves. Players need to play... Fans need to cheer. Keep it simple. Don't worry about message boards or refs. Can't control either.

Can't control refs but you can report them to the TSSAA. Enough of that 9a wins 3 of 4 that's a pretty strong showing and should be even better next year. Houston was the only 10 a team to win and it was a struggle with Moore only down three in the fourth. MC had a player foul out and i don't think they scored in the last couple of minutes. Houston capitalized on free throws and took the margin to 9. I expect a community and Houston rematch in the region finals. Unless, MTCS can get hot from the three.

Edited by gwh

So we have parents / fans sending in game footage to TSSAA?? And players getting on a message board to defend themselves. Players need to play... Fans need to cheer. Keep it simple. Don't worry about message boards or refs. Can't control either.

You hit the nail on the head. I don't think phil24 called out the kid #25, she is a good player. She plays hard and i like it, but Parents like hers probably make others around them not like either of them. The little girl is a baller... Her game and skills should do the talking not her parents.

You hit the nail on the head. I don't think phil24 called out the kid #25, she is a good player. She plays hard and i like it, but Parents like hers probably make others around them not like either of them. The little girl is a baller... Her game and skills should do the talking not he parents.[/quote

Agreed! She is a baller.

phil24,

You are 100% correct in what you have said and you have not said any negative toward this player on a personal nature.  It's a shame how all this is playing out (not on this board but on this young team).