Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

I was wondering about Manning cause I didn't see him in the recap in HC. Might not be in there if he is a walk on, don't know. Glad tech got him at least. I will stand behind my statement saying Tech missed on Ely and York. The offered Ely apparently but was to late in the game and had to many better offers. The word on York is, Tech offered some type half schoolarship deal. Think what he got from ETSU was better for him. Here is what HC signed for Tech http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/full_story/24526410/article-Tech-signing-class-important-for-future?instance=main_article. Anyone heard about Creekbauhm or Cason? I know Looper from Monterey signed with Ky Christain. They are suppose to be moving up to d-1 aa level in a year or two from what I hear. Maybe into OVC.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

What do you mean by that...that they didn't sign York? I am sure they would have signed him if they thought he could play there. Same for other schools at that level. I don't know what position he can play either. You know Tech wanted to take him. Tech will likely sign some more in the next few days.

The typical signing class for a FCS school will be 25% of the 63 total allowed...hence about 15 or 16.

and as a MTSU player and G A....not the biggest Tech fan but I do live here now. I think their track record over the last 30 years proves something aint right with their approach and recruiting. 7-4 in 95 I think and 7-4 in 2011 is about all Tech has done in those 30 years. Watson has got the facilaties upgraded but the program is still not were it could or should be. Missing on some local kids, that go to the same level else where can't help.

agree. He was good when I seen him live as well. Should help Tech a lot

In that game I was also really impressed with the other Malone on Station Camp, I believe it's Josh's first cousin if im not mistaken. He was like 3rd string RB but ran with authority that day. Looked better in his limited snaps than any of the other rbs on SCs roster.

• Upvote 1