Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Ok I need ome help with something from the Smith Co guys. 1985, SC goes 8-2, finishes 11-3 in semi's to Austin Eat. One of the two regular season loses was to rival Macon who was 2-8. Heard a funny story that pretty unbeleavable about this game just wanted to know if any of you guys know anything. I might have the tear wrong, but I think 85 is correct.

Yes, you have the correct year.

Hate to say it but the Hog-Eye do have the best weapons on the field this year no doubt. Qualls throwing abilities are not up to par but you don't need to be able to throw it too accurate when you have Wade and Pete Hollars in your receiving core. Linder is a great attribute as well, not to mention Hunter Mcdonald who is a leader on both sides of the line. Hog-Eye are my favorite to win the district this year in flying colors, but not so fast LA this year will be the last good bunch of athletics for Livingston for the next little bit. Expect a dry spell after this year.

"Expect a dry spell after this year". LA freshman team of 19 players beat CHS freshman with 45 players 18-6 in jamboree. That Hayes kid will be good by next season and hard to catch. They alo had some big boys up front on the freshman team. Also, Hollars will be back. The LA jr high has lot 2 games in past like 4 seasons. I wouldn't count them out after this year. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

"Expect a dry spell after this year". LA freshman team of 19 players beat CHS freshman with 45 players 18-6 in jamboree. That Hayes kid will be good by next season and hard to catch. They alo had some big boys up front on the freshman team. Also, Hollars will be back. The LA jr high has lot 2 games in past like 4 seasons. I wouldn't count them out after this year.

Hollars will be about the only thing coming back. I also forgot Linder he will be there also next year. I wouldn't be making many predictions just because their freshman team beat Cookeville. We all know how Cookeville has operated the past few years and even with Maynord at the head these past two have not impressed me at all. They would finish about 4th or 5th in 8AA if you ask me. There will just not be as many athletes on the field for the Hog Eye in next couple of years, as there has been these last few. We will have to see what the future holds.

so what's the word on those Baxter Stingers? Hearing they are getting talent from all over Putnam. That is a good thing to draw them in, in my book.

I think they did win there first game so far. It is kind of sad to me because it always use to be the Rebels and now they did not even make this year. As far as Upperman goes there are obviously some new faces on staff and on the field. With Samber's gone is a huge wound but Coach Herron will be the OC and have everything under control this fall. The offensive line worries me to death they have decent size I guess you could say but did not do a great job to me, but the only returning starter is Mann and they have switched him from center to guard now. Phillips was making a lot of plays in the jamboree and the defense had a pretty good defensive stand against the warriors. There was one time where like 6 people did not wrap up and White county took it to the house. I was expecting a lot worse than what I saw which is a good thing. Only time will tell about this fall.

Glad to see ssupport on coacht gaining for UHS.What's the latest word on the team this year? I haven't been around as much in 2014. Now we need more YI, Macon, LA,and Cannon to get involved. SC by far get the most 8aa posters, followed by Dekalb and now UH.

I don't think Cannon knows there is a CoachT.

I'm headed to the Creekbank tomorrow night since Upperman does not have a game this week. Going to go scout the Macon County Tigers and see what all the fuss is about with this new QB at MC

The QB is from Red Boiling springs and transferred to Macon CO. He is a good size young man and good for a freshman. Has a lot to learn and supporting cast must improve or he will be shackled.