Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

not following on the bball thing, I was going on Hollars weight off Murphy Fair webite top prospects.

Well Murphy just posts what the coaches give him. You should know (or at least you act like you know) that all coaches tend to stretch the truth on height and weight. The basketball thing was meant as in TN June is a bball month so most athletes who play both sports are playing bball all day instead off ting and conditioning with their teammates for the upcoming season which is football. Edited by theoldballcoachbaby

I wouldn't say they are the biggest rival.... That would be LA or SC IMO. But Warren as we all know is a huge school and we play them in about every sport except baseball. Its always nice to beat them in anything. Haha

I'm not sure I agree with LA or SC being our biggest rivals. I would say that goes to Cannon County.

I agree. Without a doubt Cannon is our biggest rival. Football may be lopsided in our favor, but the crowds tell the story. It is always a crazy atmosphere. Basketball is even worse. That matchup is actually very competitive and back and forth. The gyms can get deafening when we play each other.

As far as this Friday's game goes. I watched film on WC against Page and Giles Co. in their scrimmages. I have to agree they are going to give us a very tough game. If we come out and treat them like the team we've been spanking the last few years our year starts out with a loss. Bryson Lewis is a solid rb. I was impressed by him. I know we did alright against their run last year, but he looks improved leaps and bounds. For the record, tifwiw they have won all three of their scrimmages handily and it's not because it's bad competition.

This is hard to buy into I know, but I'm sure they never expected Dekalb to be beating on them either. Just don't be surprised when they're not getting blown out here in two days.

Edited by TigerPride23

Well Murphy just posts what the coaches give him. You should know (or at least you act like you know) that all coaches tend to stretch the truth on height and weight. The basketball thing was meant as in TN June is a bball month so most athletes who play both sports are playing bball all day instead off ting and conditioning with their teammates for the upcoming season which is football.

I know how they stretch a kids height and weight when getting recruited. But I am big guy and seen him up close, he is way heavier than 205 I can tell you that. As far as the bball thing, I would hope all my wr,db, and running backs played basketball and/or track. Keeps them in shape and shifty. Lineman and lb's bennifit way more from the weight training. I would rather have a 5'7 160 pound all- state point gaurd at wr, than a 6'5,230 pound kid that can't run and jump. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

There is no way on God's green earth that Hollars is 205. That kid is a bean pole....saw him play basketball and he is skinny and I know that LA has a very lackluster weight program. Most if not all high school basketball coaches are against working out and in LA and most everywhere else in the state June is considered a basketball month which is stupid is you ask me. They don't play there first game until November.

I couldn't agree more.  The summer months are for football working out and conditioning period. If you play football and a multiple sport athlete the only time to get any stronger would be the summer when there is no regular season anything.

The only athletes in this district play for Hog Eye. We understand.

Hate to say it but the Hog-Eye do have the best weapons on the field this year no doubt. Qualls throwing abilities are not up to par but you don't need to be able to throw it too accurate when you have Wade and Pete Hollars in your receiving core. Linder is a great attribute as well, not to mention Hunter Mcdonald who is a leader on both sides of the line. Hog-Eye are my favorite to win the district this year in flying colors, but not so fast LA this year will be the last good bunch of athletics for Livingston for the next little bit. Expect a dry spell after this year. 

Hate to say it but the Hog-Eye do have the best weapons on the field this year no doubt. Qualls throwing abilities are not up to par but you don't need to be able to throw it too accurate when you have Wade and Pete Hollars in your receiving core. Linder is a great attribute as well, not to mention Hunter Mcdonald who is a leader on both sides of the line. Hog-Eye are my favorite to win the district this year in flying colors, but not so fast LA this year will be the last good bunch of athletics for Livingston for the next little bit. Expect a dry spell after this year.

Welcome to the party and nice tag BaxterBiRite

I know how they stretch a kids height and weight when getting recruited. But I am big guy and seen him up close, he is way heavier than 205 I can tell you that. As far as the bball thing, I would hope all my wr,db, and running backs played basketball and/or track. Keeps them in shape and shifty. Lineman and lb's bennifit way more from the weight training. I would rather have a 5'7 160 pound all- state point gaurd at wr, than a 6'5,230 pound kid that can't run and jump.