Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Poss has tried two field goals when we could've easily just converted or scored. Just used this game for what it's for, a scrimmage. Can't wait to just see us go all out with this first string. You can tell a lot is being held back this off season with all the subs.

Exactly! How many times over the past 10 years have we seen the Pats go 0-4, or 1-3 in preseason, then go on and win 12-14 games? What was the final score anyways? I been up in Knoxville watching the open practice.

Watched LA-CKV. Freshman LA 18 CHS 7. JV CHS 22 LA 6. Varsity LA 20 CHS 7. With all starters in the 1st Quater, was 7-7. LA, Hollars,Quals and Eldridge looked good. Linder looked so so. Defense was a little week on stopping the run. LA did have one skill player, and two OL/DL out for the game. The one thing that will stop LA from winning the district, if anything, will be the OL/DL. I didn't see all the starters with two being out....but what they had was just average.

Watched LA-CKV. Freshman LA 18 CHS 7. JV CHS 22 LA 6. Varsity LA 20 CHS 7. With all starters in the 1st Quater, was 7-7. LA, Hollars,Quals and Eldridge looked good. Linder looked so so. Defense was a little week on stopping the run. LA did have one skill player, and two OL/DL out for the game. The one thing that will stop LA from winning the district, if anything, will be the OL/DL. I didn't see all the starters with two being out....but what they had was just average.

It was 20-14. Cookeville had snap over qb that was recovered inside the 10. LA had one play...a pass to Eldridge with starters in.

Watertown scores and makes it 7-7. Defense looks good. They know where to be and they swarm the qb/rb. But depth is bad. Trapp took out 3 or so of them and Watertown scored right away.

Actually that was the second string they scored on, if we don't play better offensively we will lose next week. Defense looked good 1st String was pulled with 8 mins to go. Poss attempted a 48 yd field goal and he made a 30 yd field goal.

Actually that was the second string they scored on, if we don't play better offensively we will lose next week. Defense looked good 1st String was pulled with 8 mins to go. Poss attempted a 48 yd field goal and he made a 30 yd field goal.

I have a feeling you're going to see pretty vanilla play calling the first two games unless we have to show our cards and open up the playbook to get the wins.

Its funny how every team with a lack luster preformance says "vanilla" play calling. I have never seen any team use their entire playbook during a jamboree. Think all teams play it close to the vest during these games.

Jamborees & scrimmages mean very little. Heck...Alcoa lost to Heritage. It means nothing.

Its funny how every team with a lack luster preformance says "vanilla" play calling. I have never seen any team use their entire playbook during a jamboree. Think all teams play it close to the vest during these games.

Hmm...I was under the impression playing it close to the vest and not using an entire playbook would automatically result in "vanilla" play calling. Maybe I'm crazy though? That's still not a good excuse for a lackluster performance though.