Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

I don't think Manning was 70% of the offense. In several games...he only had a few carries. He did have several great games also. It will be interesting to see how Milan does. If well...SC should be pretty good on offense. They have several very good backs. I also hear Dillon has improved a lot. I thought he played very well last year with a very young line. Several games he had no protection and stood in there. He's a tough kid.

If not mistaken, against Gordonsville he only had THREE carries.

I also haven't seen Gallatin,Warren East Ky(6a), Mayfield Ky(power house multiple state champ), Hazelwood Al, BGA on Smith's schedule. I think TC has stepped up many times and played some big boys and done well. RBS could have Alcoa on the schedule, but that doesn't mean jack if your not even going to competitive.

Haven't seen them on Uppermans schedule either !!

UCM, hindsight is all you know. 20/20 vision. That kid that scored 72 TDs didn't do it before the season. I was the one that said he deserved to be in the running for Mr. Football because he would be putting up video game numbers all year long, but that was after Week 1.

ok, the kid has like 126 career and missed all or part of 6 games his jr year. So that's 48 td's in 24 games (2 per) assuming he was the starting qb his entire freshman year. It wasn't a shoch that he had a huge senior season. My point is SC doesn't have a 48 career td returning player. Yea, some one could emerge, but I doubt lighting strikes twice in the same district. SC could be good but in no way should be considered a favorite going into the season.

SC doesn't need to score 50 points per game to win when SC is good. You're comparing apples to oranges. Your preseason favorite put 3 points on the board @ home against SC last year. One of your arguments for LA being preseason favorites is returning starters. I know LA will be good this year, no doubting that. I'm just trying to help you understand that you don't know near as much as you think.

SC doesn't need to score 50 points per game to win when SC is good. You're comparing apples to oranges. Your preseason favorite put 3 points on the board @ home against SC last year. One of your arguments for LA being preseason favorites is returning starters. I know LA will be good this year, no doubting that. I'm just trying to help you understand that you don't know near as much as you think.

UH avg giving up 14.5 ppg during reg season. So, let's look at it on each side of the ball. Defense: Flatt, Savage, and Blodge all made all-district at LB as sophomores. Quals made all ditrict as a DB. Mcdonald made all district DL. Flatt, Blodge,and Mcdonald could easly make all district on offense this year. On offense, Eldridge,Hollars(didn't play in 2013), and Linder(didn't play in 2013)have all made all district before. Those three will also all start on the defense. I don't see SC matching up with everything they have. Eldridge and Blodge at the ends will funnel Milan back into McDonald, Savage and Flatt in the middle. Quals, Linder, and Hollars in the secondary will be ball hawks this year. Its not just the fact that LA has more returning starters, its the fact SC gets Milan, but LA gets Hollars and Linder back. Plus LA is senior heavy, SC is not. I never said SC can't beat LA, but going int the season its not looking likely. Maybe some players step up in the firsst few weeks to change my mind.

White Co-UHS Jamboree. JV was 6-6. Varsity was 14-6 White Co. On Varsity, neither team did much on the first two drives. On the White Co 3rd drive they busted a 45 yard run by the tailback for 7-0. UH came back with a 55 yard run by the qb for 7-6. White Co ran a kickoff back for 14-6. UH had one long drive toward thev end of the half but was stopped on a goal line stand. UH had that big 6'6 OL Withers kid not dresed and hand in a cast. Also had a starting gaurd on the ideline.Not sure if White played all their starters. Just like White-Macon, very evenly matched but in a real live game I would take Sparta by 7.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan