Boyd Buchanan 2014

reaction

Dead period over now. Boyd will do a 7 on 7 at Finley on Thursday night. I think Grundy, Sequatchie, Walker Valley, Hixson ,etc. are there. Starts at 6 pm. Then they head to Maryville College for the big 7 on 7 on Saturday. That is always a fun event if you need your football fix because you have a ton of teams from the state there with action on multiple fields at the same time. Just grab something to eat, walk around, and take it in. This appears to be a really good group of kids with good chemistry. 10 starters back on offense and 8 on defense. Have much better depth across the board so most of guys won't have to be on the field every play. I don't know how all this translates into wins given the brutal schedule (non district of Red Bank, McMinn Central, Notre Dame, FRA, DCA, South Pitt, and Sequatchie Co.), but it is a good beginning. They should be battle tested by November.

The event tonight was switched to boyd buchanan, should be same time.

Edited by Indian

Boyd will rebound they're too good to have two subpar seasons in a row. I think BB goes 7-3 with losses to Notre Dame,DCA and South Pittsburg. 2015 could be a trip to Cookeville for BB.

I wouldn't count Sequatchie County as a win yet. Member they will be better this year and stronger. Member the Indians won by 2 scores last year

I wouldn't count Sequatchie County as a win yet. Member they will be better this year and stronger. Member the Indians won by 2 scores last year

Really should have been 42-21. Boyd got the benefit of a very bad roughing the passer call with 2 minutes left then scored on the last play of the game.

very true

Odd game last year. Boyd up 14-0 driving to the SC 15 to go up 21-0. Boyd fumbles and it was returned deep into Boyd territory. SC scores. We fumble kickoff and SC scores to tie the game 14-14 in a few minutes. Then, SC controlled the second half. We could not stop the veer. Two entirely different halves. SC more physical than us last year. Should be good game this year.  

Odd game last year. Boyd up 14-0 driving to the SC 15 to go up 21-0. Boyd fumbles and it was returned deep into Boyd territory. SC scores. We fumble kickoff and SC scores to tie the game 14-14 in a few minutes. Then, SC controlled the second half. We could not stop the veer. Two entirely different halves. SC more physical than us last year. Should be good game this year.

Dad burnit,going to be a HEEP of folkes needing fly spray long before the season starts! Yep, recon so Edited by OLD PIRATE

How'd the 7 on 7 go?

Not a lot to report from the Boyd and Maryville 7 on 7 events. These things give you the football fix you need this time of year but there is a real lack of reality as it pertains to a real football game. There are a ton of short passes completed that would never be completed in a real game due to the congestion at line of scrimmage. No threat of run so linebackers back up quickly and get depth they would never get in a real game. Most teams play two deep to prevent long ball so there are a ton of 4-5 outs and flat passes.    

• 2 weeks later...

My Boyd friends should go ahead and move on into the private division now that you have a South Pittsburg coach. I imagine you guys could buy him a bus and start shipping up all our speed up to Chattanooga. IM JUST KEEPING IT REAL..HELLLOO!?!?!

Edited by Eraser